1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 May '13 00:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No disagreement there. However, you may have not noticed my post of the following:

“DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than any software ever created.”

The Road Ahead by Bill Gates, 1995

We know that a computer does not do anything on its own, but needs input of a program by a person with intelligence to tell it what to do a ...[text shortened]... question that begs to be asked is who was the programmer that programed these DNA/RNA molecules?
    So your god created man in his own image? Does your god have more DNA than mankind? Or is the DNA content of man equal to the DNA content of your god?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '13 02:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So your god created man in his own image? Does your god have more DNA than mankind? Or is the DNA content of man equal to the DNA content of your god?
    God is Spirit. God made animals with body and soul. But God made us with body, soul, and spirit. The spirit of man is what is made in the image of God. The soul and spirit is so closely linked it is difficult for us to tell the difference. The Holy Bible compares the dividing of the soul snd spirit as like the dividng of joints and marrow.

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

(Hebrews 4:12 NKJV)
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 May '13 03:001 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    No argument there. I work in an industry were the way something is worded can cause problems but things are said or stated a certain way which to somebody else outside of the industry would not make sense or what have you. It is amazing though that the DNA-RNA just does what it does automatically....aka like computer code. I would say computer code in not conscious either.

PS: sorry this was in answer to JS357

Manny
    The fallacious logic goes like this:

A is like B in a "X" sort of way.

Therefore, A is like B in a "Y" sort of way.

Can I say it any more simply?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '13 03:476 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    The fallacious logic goes like this:

A is like B in a "X" sort of way.

Therefore, A is like B in a "Y" sort of way.

Can I say it any more simply?
    I think your logic is incorrect. Bill Gates should know a computer like program when he sees one. DNA is defintely a program with information code. The difference as I see it is only in the system and language of the program information code. One is in an electronic system and the other is in a biological system.

Artificial Intelligence Created Using Human DNA

http://gizmodo.com/5825564/artificial-intelligence-created-using-human-dna

Scientists learning to program “synthetic life” with DNA

http://arstechnica.com/science/2009/02/scientists-learning-to-program-synthetic-life-with-dna/

Writing computer programs for DNA to make proteins

http://www.ted.com/talks/paul_rothemund_casts_a_spell_with_dna.html

Craig Venter: On the verge of creating synthetic life

http://www.ted.com/talks/craig_venter_is_on_the_verge_of_creating_synthetic_life.html

This researcher is so indoctrinated to believe in evolution that even though he refers to software and design he still refuses to believe it didn't just happen by evolution.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 May '13 05:171 edit
    http://ds9a.nl/amazing-dna/

This is a computer Coder independent of being a Creationist (well don't know what this person's beliefs are) shows how DNA is like Computer Code. I think anyone saying DNA does not work like code is being intellectually dishonest. It is bits of information.

Manny
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 May '13 05:491 edit
    I think your logic is incorrect. Bill Gates should know a computer like program when he sees one. DNA is defintely a program with information code. The difference as I see it is only in the system and language of the program information code. One is in an electronic system and the other is in a biological system.

Artificial Intelligence Created Using ...[text shortened]... e refers to software and design he still refuses to believe it didn't just happen by evolution.
    " The difference as I see it is only in..."

It is the only difference as you SEE it. Agreed.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 May '13 05:51
    Digital in nature not binary interesting

Manny
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 May '13 07:41
    http://ds9a.nl/amazing-dna/

This is a computer Coder independent of being a Creationist (well don't know what this person's beliefs are) shows how DNA is like Computer Code. I think anyone saying DNA does not work like code is being intellectually dishonest. It is bits of information.

Manny
    A computer program is a set of instructions which manipulates data (input) to produce a result (output). The output is dependant on the input and the program.

I cannot see how DNA is a program ... what is its input?

Can you think of any program which is like DNA?
  9. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    06 May '13 08:44
    Digital in nature not binary interesting

Manny
    Binary is digital.
  10. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    06 May '13 08:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    A computer program is a set of instructions which manipulates data (input) to produce a result (output). The output is dependant on the input and the program.

DNA is data rather than program I'd say. The same would be true of information of any sort. The program is not information, the data is. So where is the program in a DNA-based genetic system? I would say that is the system whereby the DNA is "read" and proteins produced, DNA is input and proteins are output. The program is the gubbins between DNA and protein.

Cue RJ and disciples trying to "prove" that must have been made by a sky fairy.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '13 09:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

This video is presented in pretty simple terms, so maybe you can understand how it works from it.

Programming of Life

YouTube
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 09:28
    This video is presented in pretty simple terms, so maybe you can understand how it works from it.

Programming of Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00vBqYDBW5s
    i got to about 1minute, where do you find this crap? just plain terrible.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 May '13 14:15
    It's different though as binary is on or off

Manny
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 May '13 14:18
    well we can argue about the input. Creationist says God Where as atheist/evolutionist says chance but it did have an input at some point.

Manny
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '13 14:241 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree