1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 May '13 19:32
    I thinking it is rather miraculous that DNA (Code) is at work in all lifeforms on this planet earth. It's equivalent to all life having the same OS. We can argue semantics but atheist or theist really can't dispute this fact.

Manny
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '13 20:31
    Originally posted by menace71
    I thinking it is rather miraculous that DNA (Code) is at work in all lifeforms on this planet earth. It's equivalent to all life having the same OS. We can argue semantics but atheist or theist really can't dispute this fact.

Manny
    I watched the following two videos on youtube early this morning and I think you might find them interesting in explaining why Bill gates made his statement in his book about the DNA programming was far more complex than any they had ever made.

How did the DNA code originate?

YouTube

More DNA Evidence for Special Creation

YouTube
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 May '13 20:40

Manny
    If you have the nucleotides adenine, guanine, cytosine and uracil, you have the possible arrangements of DNA, based on the combinations they are likely and unlikely to form. Most combinations are junk. Now and then, a combination comes along that can be codes for the making of something else, including a copy of itself. It is more like monkeys on typewriters than it is like a miracle.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 May '13 21:061 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God is Spirit. God made animals with body and soul. But God made us with body, soul, and spirit. The spirit of man is what is made in the image of God. The soul and spirit is so closely linked it is difficult for us to tell the difference. The Holy Bible compares the dividing of the soul snd spirit as like the dividng of joints and marrow.

[b]For the ...[text shortened]... marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

(Hebrews 4:12 NKJV)[/b]
    So your god has no genes? No DNA?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 May '13 23:49
    Originally posted by JS357
    If you have the nucleotides adenine, guanine, cytosine and uracil, you have the possible arrangements of DNA, based on the combinations they are likely and unlikely to form. Most combinations are junk. Now and then, a combination comes along that can be codes for the making of something else, including a copy of itself. It is more like monkeys on typewriters than it is like a miracle.
    Pardon me, but uracil is only in RNA.

The component in DNA is thymine.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 00:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So your god has no genes? No DNA?
    Why should God need genes or DNA? He does not need to be programmed to stay alive becasue He is Spirit and life. You should look at the videos and you should see that God made the genes and the DNA to program the biological systems that he created.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 May '13 01:11
    God doesn't have any biological characteristics, IMO.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 01:32
    If you don't wish to look at any Youtube videos on DNA, then you can search for articles on it through a search engine, like google. Wikipedia has a pretty good article on it and it is not a religious presentation, so you atheist should not be offened. 😏
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 May '13 02:42
    Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is a molecule that encodes the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and many viruses. Along with RNA and proteins......Taken from wiki

ALL life that we know of

Manny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 May '13 02:55
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 May '13 02:59
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral#In_nature

plus it's a spiral man I'm turning into my worst nightmare I'm into little R.J. LOL
    😉

Manny
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 03:201 edit
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral#In_nature

plus it's a spiral man I'm turning into my worst nightmare I'm into little R.J. LOL
    😉

Manny
    God's geometry number code for spirals in nature

YouTube

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_spiral

YouTube

The Instructor
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 May '13 04:54

Manny
    It is this that leads scientists to the conclusion that all life is related. However, I am not sure it is entirely true that all life is based on DNA. There are parts of the cell that run on RNA and probably came from life forms based only on RNA. Then there are virus' which you may or may not choose to call 'life', but then your statement is less of a miraculous fact and more of a 'true by definition'. Also there are some life forms with slightly different bases in the DNA.
    And finally I must point out that we have only just scratched the surface of what life forms there are and really do not have that much information about whats out there. All our tests are either for macroscopic life forms or those based on DNA. If there were RNA life forms everywhere we probably would not see them.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 May '13 05:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Pardon me, but uracil is only in RNA.

The component in DNA is thymine.
    True, I suppose, but I have been talking about messenger RNA.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 07:32
    Originally posted by JS357
    True, I suppose, but I have been talking about messenger RNA.
    RNA is a copy of information from DNA and is not likely to last very long.

http://www.lifesorigin.com/chap10/RNA-self-replication-3.php

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree