1. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    07 May '13 07:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    RNA is a copy of information from DNA and is not likely to last very long.

http://www.lifesorigin.com/chap10/RNA-self-replication-3.php
    Except for the ribosomal form of RNA. You know, what ribosomes are made of.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:13
    An interesting talk on DNA:

Craig Venter: A voyage of DNA, genes and the sea
    YouTube

We still know about only a tiny fraction of DNA based life forms, there is no way we can rule out life forms based on something else.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:14
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Except for the ribosomal form of RNA. You know, what ribosomes are made of.
    You apparently did not read this part from the reference article concerning ribozomes, which are very rare in a cell.

"Given the extreme difficulties associated with synthesizing an RNA molecule containing 200 or more bases, it is unlikely that even one such molecule ever existed on the primitive earth, and 15 trillion are needed to just get 65 functional ribozymes. Furthermore, ribozymes are not self replicators. The knowledge required for self replication is certainly many orders of magnitude more than the 44 bits required for a marginally functional ribozyme."

The Instructor
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    An interesting talk on DNA:

Craig Venter: A voyage of DNA, genes and the sea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5X6Qy772YU

We still know about only a tiny fraction of DNA based life forms, there is no way we can rule out life forms based on something else.
    They can't rule them in either.

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    07 May '13 09:361 edit
    You apparently did not read this part from the reference article concerning ribozomes, which are very rare in a cell.

"Given the extreme difficulties associated with synthesizing an RNA molecule containing 200 or more bases, it is unlikely that even one such molecule ever existed on the primitive earth, and 15 trillion are needed to just get 65 functional ...[text shortened]... nitude more than the 44 bits required for a marginally functional ribozyme."

The Instructor
    You apparently didn't read anything at all.

"The ribosome (from ribonucleic acid and the Greek soma, meaning "body"😉 is a large and complex molecular machine, found within all living cells, that serves as the primary site of biological protein synthesis."

You missed the fact I was talking about ribosomes. Go look them up, they are not rybozymes. And they are very common in cells!

It is best not to engage in unarmed combat when involved in a battle of wits.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 May '13 09:57
    They can't rule them in either.

The Instructor
    watch this one as well. it shows how non-life becomes life and from a simple system to a complex system through simple chemical reactions.

http://www.ted.com/talks/martin_hanczyc_the_line_between_life_and_not_life.html
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 10:41
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    watch this one as well. it shows how non-life becomes life and from a simple system to a complex system through simple chemical reactions.

http://www.ted.com/talks/martin_hanczyc_the_line_between_life_and_not_life.html
    God made the animals and man from the ground which consists of non-living chemical elements and breathed life into them.

I used to have a little boat that I could place baking soda inside and when I placed it in the bathtub filled with water, the baking soda reacted with the water to propel the boat in the water, because the boat was designed that way.

So I said this, only to point out that intelligence from someone that knows how all these things will work is involved in all of this. It doesn't really do it own its own as the speaker in your video seems to imply, making life able to just form on its own.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    07 May '13 10:43
    God made the animals and man from the ground which consists of non-living chemical elements and breathed life into them.

I used to have a little boat that I could place baking soda inside and when I placed it in the bathtub filled with water, the baking soda reacted with the water to propel the boat in the water, because the boat was designed that way.
    ...[text shortened]... eaker in your video seems to imply, making life able to just form on its own.

The Instructor
    You know this how?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 10:53
    Originally posted by Kepler
    You know this how?
    My knowledge certainly did not come through evil-lution. So what other choices are there? 😏
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 May '13 11:03

...[text shortened]... eaker in your video seems to imply, making life able to just form on its own.

The Instructor
    sorry, i dont understand especially the last paragraph?

the speaker didnt imply anything, he showed it happening. he showed how a bunch of chemicals can assemble themselves into a more complex system. he showed exactly what we thought happened in the primordial soup.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 11:10
    sorry, i dont understand especially the last paragraph?

the speaker didnt imply anything, he showed it happening. he showed how a bunch of chemicals can assemble themselves into a more complex system. he showed exactly what we thought happened in the primordial soup.
    You apparently saw a magic trick because you wanted to believe. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 May '13 11:18
    You apparently saw a magic trick because you wanted to believe. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    do you think it wasnt real? why?
  13. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    07 May '13 11:35
    My knowledge certainly did not come through evil-lution. So what other choices are there? 😏
    Observation, experiment. Your knowledge apparently comes from a book of mythical tales.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 11:43
    do you think it wasnt real? why?
    It was a real magic trick to make you believe it proved something that it did not. 😏

The Instructor
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 May '13 12:09
    It was a real magic trick to make you believe it proved something that it did not. 😏

The Instructor
    it proves that on their own simple chemicals can join together to make more complex systems.

are you denying that it proves this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree