1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 00:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What approach do you think I should take to persuade someone of the truth?
    Weilding a blunt object doesn't make for friends. You will never be able to present your adversaries with proof that they are wrong. You're argument is based on faith. So don't try.

In the abscence of quantitative, measurable date, accumulated qualitative data is a perfect acceptable method for testing a hypothesis. Let's use the power of prayer for example, does it yield quantitative, measurable results? Maybe not. However, it does make people fell better, it improves their moral and outlook on life. Perhaps these are qualitative results that can be used to prove that prayer does have some value, spiritual or otherwise.

Perhaps telling others why you believe what you believe might lead them to adopt those beliefs. Are there particularly strong experiences that have lead you to your "truth". Perhaps you should share them. I would think this vastly superior to the "that's just the way it is" approach you seem to fall back on. For example, while I struggle with the nature of God, holding my daughter in my arms moments after her birth was extraordinary. Perhaps the single most powerful experience of my life. If there is a god, having my daughter grab my finger and look up at me in those first few moments was the closest I've come to feeling a spiritual connection.

The point being that your stormtrooper tactics have not painted you or your religion in a positive light. You lack proof and are best served presenting an emotional argument with the passion it deserves.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 03:29
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Weilding a blunt object doesn't make for friends. You will never be able to present your adversaries with proof that they are wrong. You're argument is based on faith. So don't try.

In the abscence of quantitative, measurable date, accumulated qualitative data is a perfect acceptable method for testing a hypothesis. Let's use the power of pra ...[text shortened]... oof and are best served presenting an emotional argument with the passion it deserves.
    I have presented proof that there is absolutely no proof of evolution and that it is stupid and based on faith alone.

If the enormity, power, and complexity of the heavens and the earth and all living things is not proof of God, what is?

I have presented the DNA evidence of intelligent design as proof of a Creator. I have presented proof of God's resurrection of His Christ with the scientific evidence revealed by the Shroud of Turin along with the Sudarium of Oviedo. This should be enough for anyone who is willing to accept the truth.

The fact that my methods may be harsh and blunt should have no detrimental effect on someone who is willing to accept the truth when it is presented. It is not I that should be judged, but the merits of the evidence presented. But for those that love the lie more than the truth, it is more expedient to criticize the messenger rather than fairly evaluating the message.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 04:04
    I have presented proof that there is absolutely no proof of evolution and that it is stupid and based on faith alone.

If the enormity, power, and complexity of the heavens and the earth and all living things is not proof of God, what is?

I have presented the DNA evidence of intelligent design as proof of a Creator. I have presented proof of God's res ...[text shortened]... uth, it is more expedient to criticize the messenger rather than fairly evaluating the message.
    So business as usual then? That is unfortunate as I don't believe the "good news" you are trying to convey will fall on anything less than deaf ears if you continue as you are. You may actually have a good message, but, you are so intent on others accepting as truth you club them. Basically you're doing Christianity wrong.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 06:09
    So business as usual then? That is unfortunate as I don't believe the "good news" you are trying to convey will fall on anything less than deaf ears if you continue as you are. You may actually have a good message, but, you are so intent on others accepting as truth you club them. Basically you're doing Christianity wrong.
    Okay, continue to criticize the messenger and believe the lies of Satan.
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 13:28
    You win again. Do what you want.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 16:30
    I would ask you to think on this, if by action or inaction you drive others away from the Lord, aren't you serving the will of Satan?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 16:31
    You win again. Do what you want.
    Don't tell me you won't be joining the RJHINDS church of god?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 18:26
    I would ask you to think on this, if by action or inaction you drive others away from the Lord, aren't you serving the will of Satan?
    I have no power to drive anyone away from the Lord. Nor do I have the power to bring someone to the Lord. All I can do is present the message of the truth of God. It is up to the individual as to what he does with it. He has the free will to criticize the messenger and ignore the message or he can consider the message and make a decision. I can not force the individual to accept the message as truth.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 18:48
    I have no power to drive anyone away from the Lord. Nor do I have the power to bring someone to the Lord. All I can do is present the message of the truth of God. It is up to the individual as to what he does with it. He has the free will to criticize the messenger and ignore the message or he can consider the message and make a decision. I can not force the individual to accept the message as truth.
    You could be effecting people so negatively they convert to Islam
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 20:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You could be effecting people so negatively they convert to Islam
    God forbid it!
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 22:40
    You underestimate the negative impact you are having on others. Based on what I've read of your fairly abrassive posts I would not look forward to having a face to face spiritual discussion with you. If my "shields" go up before you even start to talk, do you think your message will be well received? You rob yourself of the opportunity to communicate what could be an important message and you rob others of something that could save their souls.

I know what I'm talking about as I've made a hobby out of being abrasive on the internet. The only reason I bring this up is because you seem hell bent on delivering your truth and if you're going to continue to do so I thought you might be persuaded to take a kinder and gentler approach.
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 23:121 edit
    In other news, belief in gravity is the work of satan. Actually, angels push stuff around.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 02:55
    Originally posted by apathist
    In other news, belief in gravity is the work of satan. Actually, angels push stuff around.
    http://www.godsaidmansaid.com/topic3.asp?Cat2=244&ItemID=716

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree