Do any of you atheists

Do any of you atheists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Dec 07

Originally posted by amannion
I'd rather she be an atheist. Obviously I think I'm right, and I'd prefer to see her follow my lead in that respect. But I'm not that fussed. My bigger concern is that she be healthy and happy - if she's a healthy happy christian, then my job is done.
(Mind you if she turned into a raving literal fundamentalist then there'd be problems. But I'm pretty confident I can weed anything like that out of her.)
Personally, I don't care for the raving literal fundamentalists either.
But we may have different definitions about that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Dec 07

Originally posted by josephw
I would struggle with the idea that one of my children might entertain the thought of being an atheist. I would think I did something wrong....
I have some bad news for you. Unless you have low IQ kids, you have no control over that. During their teens you loose the abilty to indoctrinate them and by their mid 20s or so they will make up their own mind.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Dec 07

Originally posted by Rajk999
I have some bad news for you. Unless you have low IQ kids, you have no control over that. During their teens you loose the abilty to indoctrinate them and by their mid 20s or so they will make up their own mind.
I have 5 children over 18. None of them are at risk. I maintained control until I set them free. That was a gradual process. They are all responsible adults now. And smart. Two of them have their own businesses. I'm very proud of them all.
But believe me, they gave me plenty of headaches along the way.

Do you have any children?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
17 Dec 07

I have 5 children over 18. None of them are at risk. I maintained control until I set them free. That was a gradual process. They are all responsible adults now. And smart. Two of them have their own businesses. I'm very proud of them all.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLTGQ4EoRjc
Very funny! 🙂

w

Moves
17 Dec 07

Have you ever heard this scripture?

"Train up a chilld in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Granted, there is no sure fire way that is 100% bulletproof to have a child behave the way that he is brought up, however, it is only common sense to think that your chances are better if you do.

E

Moves
17 Dec 07

have nativity scenes and lights and Christmas trees set up a your house.
I don't!
why do you care? they constantly imply that you are an idiot, laugh at you, and look down upon you for your beliefs. don't socialize w/ these bigots

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Dec 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLTGQ4EoRjc
Prov 23 : 13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Dec 07

One daughter now 23. I used zero indoctrination. Going to church was optional but we spoke often of the beliefs of her friends while she was a teenger. Now she is made up her mind and prefers to believe in God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Have you ever heard this scripture?

"Train up a chilld in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Granted, there is no sure fire way that is 100% bulletproof to have a child behave the way that he is brought up, however, it is only common sense to think that your chances are better if you do.
I was refering to many Christian sects that practice indoctrination. There is no option to believe otherwise. I was one of 6 kids that grew up in such a family. Now we are all over 40 and only 2 held to the original teachings, one became an atheist and 3 believe in God but left that sect.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
17 Dec 07

Good! I would hate the idea that I had given you the wrong impression. 😉
Oh no, wouldn't dream of it.

If it makes any difference, I recognize Christmas but don't really celebrate it per se.

TD8

Moves
17 Dec 07

Every holiday season I set up Christmas lights on my frontlawn which spell "Suck it!"

Merry effin Christmas everybody!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
17 Dec 07

Prov 23 : 13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
Rodney King must be fully delivered from hell by now.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Dec 07

have nativity scenes and lights and Christmas trees set up a your house.
I don't!
No.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Dec 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Rodney King must be fully delivered from hell by now.
Its possible to take any sensible advice to the extreme and make it sound ridiculous. But .... whatever turns you on.