1. S. Korea
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 04:09
    @fmf said
    You should take up what you see as the rightness and wrongness of her Christian beliefs with her, not me.
    Well, she's not here.

And even if she was, she might not stand by her snippy comment because it was just a snippy comment.

I look around and all I see is you complaining about Suzianne and trying to shoehorn it into the thread like it is actually relevant.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 04:10
    @sonship said
    Someone can help me here after you get the pets in heaven problem solved.
    Do you ~ like Suzianne ~ think dogs understand the Christian God better than atheists do?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 04:14
    @philokalia said
    Well, she's not here.

And even if she was, she might not stand by her snippy comment because it was just a snippy comment.
    But when it came up a few months ago and you tried to ridicule my characterization of her Christian beliefs, she stepped in and repeated her claim about dogs and atheists. So you know full well that she stands by her stated belief. You know that full well. It came up in a thread where there was me and you and Suzianne. In the face of the sheer inconvenience of what occurred, you disappeared in a cloud of principle-free silence. She has repeated the belief about dogs' understanding of unconditional love and of the Christian God twice or maybe three times in multiple posts. Why don't you take it up with her?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 04:15
    @philokalia said
    I look around and all I see is you complaining about Suzianne and trying to shoehorn it into the thread like it is actually relevant.
    As for being relevant, dogs are among the most commonplace pets.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 03:49
    @fmf said
    But when it came up a few months ago and you tried to ridicule my characterization of her Christian beliefs, she stepped in and repeated her claim about dogs and atheists. So you know full well that she stands by her stated belief. You know that full well. It came up in a thread where there was me and you and Suzianne. In the face of the sheer inconvenience of what occurred, you ...[text shortened]... f the Christian God twice or maybe three times in multiple posts. Why don't you take it up with her?
    Wait, why would I know that?

Not everyone takes meticulous notes on what people in the Forum believe. I have no memory of this -- I often come in, make my statement, then leave.

And I feel like you are always trying to suck me into the whirlpool of forum gossip and civil war.

Why not just discuss the ideas.

Even now, you see what we are doing? We are not discussing ideas. We are discussing Suzianne and the time she apparently insulted you.

What makes this doubly funny to me is that she didn't damage your ego or make you really feel bad or anything, it's just like you are in this thread trying to rip into her further. You are like a dog (dogs again, lol) with a bone and anyone who is trying to get you to focus on something else gets snapped at.

I think this is rather juvenile behavior. Forgive me.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 07:15
    @philokalia said
    Not everyone takes meticulous notes on what people in the Forum believe. I have no memory of this -- I often come in, make my statement, then leave.
    I don't believe you.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 07:17
    @philokalia said
    Even now, you see what we are doing? We are not discussing ideas. We are discussing Suzianne and the time she apparently insulted you.
    The 'dogs understand the Christian God better than atheists do' thing wasn't an insult. It was one of her Christian beliefs put forward during a debate about unconditional love and repeated at least one other time, if not two.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 07:18
    @philokalia said
    What makes this doubly funny to me is that she didn't damage your ego or make you really feel bad or anything, it's just like you are in this thread trying to rip into her further. You are like a dog (dogs again, lol) with a bone and anyone who is trying to get you to focus on something else gets snapped at.
    Discussion of Suzianne's 'dogs understand the Christian God better than atheists do' belief belongs on this thread I think.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 07:21
    @philokalia said
    And I feel like you are always trying to suck me into the whirlpool of forum gossip and civil war.
    The topic is "Do pets go to heaven?" and a sub-topic is 'Dogs understand God better than atheists do'. Call it a whirlpool if you want.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 07:27
    @philokalia said
    I think this is rather juvenile behavior. Forgive me.
    On a debate forum where spiritual matters are discussed, I am holding people accountable for what they say in discussions about spiritual matters. I don't think it's juvenile. Would you respect me more if I posted like Romans1009?
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 10:36
    @fmf said
    There are some Christians who believe that dogs understand unconditional love ~ and therefore understand the Christian God figure ~ better than atheists do. I suppose such a line of thought could lead to a belief that such dogs will have everlasting life.
    Wwwwuuut? Who are these Christians who think that atheists can't love unconditionally? (For to love unconditionally is to understand unconditional love). Do they really think that Christians have a monopoly on unconditional love?? Let them come forth and name themselves, I would speak with them in no uncertain terms!

As for pets going to heaven, I postulate that there is a great big plastic wheel in the sky around which hamsters run for all eternity, and of course there must be a huge lettuce patch which rabbits may plunder to their hearts' content. And if I go to heaven (fat chance) then I want my dog with me, otherwise I'm not going.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 11:15
    @Indonesia-Phil

Hey Phil, you do have an interesting Profile. But when you go scuba diving how can you tell if the area you dive in has a lot of scubas ?
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 13:48
    @sonship said
    @Indonesia-Phil

Hey Phil, you do have an interesting Profile. But when you go scuba diving how can you tell if the area you dive in has a lot of scubas ?
    Practice, dear boy...Of course you have to know where to look. It's the scuba season here, we get huge shoals of them passing through on their migratory route to the Isle of Wight. (They should be visible off Shanklin in about a months' time).
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 13:582 edits
    @FMF

The topic is "Do pets go to heaven?" and a sub-topic is 'Dogs understand God better than atheists do'. Call it a whirlpool if you want.

Thanks.

A whirlpool.

And stop knocking dogs and theology.
    You never heard of the term "dogmatic" ?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '18 14:09
    @sonship said
    And stop knocking dogs and theology.
    You never heard of the term "dogmatic" ?
    Is Suzianne right about dogs having a better understanding of the Christian god than atheists do?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree