1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 11:301 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    He did not ask a rhetorical question. Mainstream Christians have difficulty in finding people of high moral fibre as described in Exodus.
    I'll wait to see what whodey says about it. I personally know people I believe could qualify under those guidelines, and at least one person who without a doubt does fit that description. So what do you suppose the chances are of that one person (I just happen to know) being the only person in the entire world who just happens to fit that bill?

Like I said, I would be very surprised if whodey actually believes no one in the world could be found with those qualities... it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about what someone believes, but it would still surprise me to learn he really thinks no one like that exists today.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 11:36
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I'll wait to see what whodey says about it. I personally know people I believe could qualify under those guidelines, and at least one person who without a doubt does fit that description. So what do you suppose the chances are of that [b]one person (I just happen to know) being the only person in the entire world who just happens to fit that bi ...[text shortened]... elieves, but it would still surprise me to learn he really thinks no one like that exists today.[/b]
    Its not a matter of 'nobody like that existing in the world'. Its more like he does not know of any such people. I personally know several such people. It all depends on who you associate with.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 11:41
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Dude, you know Goldilocks wasn't real right?
    Dude, you know whether Goldilocks is real or not wasn't the point right?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 11:45
    Goldilocks didn't get angry when things weren't just right for her. Disappointed maybe, but it didn't make her angry.

She wasn't some spoiled brat who would throw tantrums simply because she couldn't handle disappointment... she was just a bit picky, that's all.
    Your neat little story about Goldilocks really does nothing to help cover up the bollocks that is apparently present in the Bible.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 11:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    "Ordinary humans" are the only kind there is. Except in the minds of those who consider themselves above the rest!
    Actually, there were and are lots of extraordinary humans.

Of course, that wasn't the point, but by all means, focus on something trivial like that if it helps ease your mind 🙂

Maybe you could say something about Goldilocks as well?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 11:54
    "Ordinary humans" are the only kind there is. Except in the minds of those who consider themselves above the rest!
    Like how you consider yourself 'above the rest'. You will escape judgment, not have to account for your sins, and enter Gods Kingdom while many others will burn in hell for all eternity for doing apparently nothing wrong.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 12:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Its not a matter of 'nobody like that existing in the world'. Its more like he does not know of any such people. I personally know several such people. It all depends on who you associate with.
    I wouldn't necessarily need to personally know anyone like that for me to know there are still highly principled people in the world. Someone would have be inexperienced or extremely cynical to believe that principled people no longer exist... it's not like we're talking about some special sub-species of people that have become extinct and no longer exist.

People today exhibit the same virtues and faults people demonstrated in Biblical times. We wear different clothes and have different technology, but that's not enough to define people today as having evolved into some kind of new classification of person... even an evolutionist would have to agree that (at least from a genetic standpoint) people are basically the same as they were thousands of years ago.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 12:102 edits
    I wouldn't necessarily need to personally know anyone like that for me to know there are still highly principled people in the world. Someone would have be inexperienced or extremely cynical to believe that principled people no longer exist... it's not like we're talking about some special sub-species of people that have become extinct and no longer exist ...[text shortened]... st from a genetic standpoint) people are basically the same as they were thousands of years ago.
    Good and righteous people exist all over the world but they are not evenly distributed. In some social circles it may really be difficult to find such people .. maybe in the Beverly Hills area or Las Vegas or maybe Monte Carlo .. Im just guessing here. Christ was clear that riches corrupt people [certainly not all]. In some areas where people are more down to earth and live simple lives its is easier to find people that have good and strong moral values much like those listed by Christ.

It is very likely that people that live their entire lives is a certain place, with very little exposure can assume that the world is just like they see it. There are many urban areas where kids dont know that meat comes from animals and believe it is made in a factory. There are many adults who live well dont know that a high % of the worlds population have no food to eat.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 12:15
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Your neat little story about Goldilocks really does nothing to help cover up the bollocks that is apparently present in the Bible.
    My "neat little story about Goldilocks" had nothing to do with the Bible.

You can try figuring this out for yourself from here on out, because I'm done explaining anything else to you.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 12:30
    Dude, you know whether Goldilocks is real or not wasn't the point right?
    Dude, you do seem to be a little fixated on her, so i think acknowledging that she 'isn't real' is pretty important for you right now.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 12:37
    Nice post lemon!
    Wo! This thread has been moving so fast I didn't realize you were here until I saw the rat react to one of your posts.

As difficult as this is for me to believe it seems he is genuinely puzzled by my Goldilocks remarks. I think Ghost got it, but I can't be sure because sometimes he gets it and sometimes he covers his confusion over with wisecracks... but maybe I'm actually at fault for being too subtle.

Do you think I was being too subtle? Sometimes I really am guilty of being too subtle... do you think this is one of those times, when I've been guilty of being too subtle? You can tell me, I can take it like a man... am I guilty?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 12:43
    Wo! This thread has been moving so fast I didn't realize you were here until I saw the rat react to one of your posts.

As difficult as this is for me to believe it seems he is genuinely puzzled by my Goldilocks remarks. I think Ghost got it, but I can't be sure because sometimes he gets it and sometimes he covers his confusion over with wisecracks... b ...[text shortened]... I've been guilty of being too subtle? You can tell me, I can take it like a man... am I guilty?
    Would you like a subtle answer?

(And yes, i got your point).
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 12:522 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Dude, you do seem to be a little fixated on her, so i think acknowledging that she 'isn't real' is pretty important for you right now.
    LOL Why? I'm not expecting a visit from men in white coats intending to whisk me away to the local nuthouse, so even if I appear somewhat crazy I'm not worried, because there's actually nothing wrong with me, wrong with me, wrong with me, wrong with me, wrong with wrong with me wrong, wrong with me wrong wrong along a ding a dong a whoops a doodle all the day long...

I have been up all night though, and could use some sleep at this point in my existence... my existence, yes... I exist, therefore I am... am getting sleepy, so very sleepy now... yes...

(((By the way the answer is 42, but you already knew that, didn't you? Yes you did!)))

YouTube : ?
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 12:53
    My "neat little story about Goldilocks" had nothing to do with the Bible.

You can try figuring this out for yourself from here on out, because I'm done explaining anything else to you.
    Precisely. Your neat little story had nothing to do with the Bible. It however had everything to do with writing some nonsense in order to ignore the content of the post you were responding to.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 13:11
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Precisely. Your neat little story had nothing to do with the Bible. It however had everything to do with writing some nonsense in order to ignore the content of the post you were responding to.
    Oh, okay... I get it now, you're a mind reader! Cool.

So what am I thinking about right now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree