1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 07:151 edit
    In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes. -Judges 21:25

"Do what you will shall be the whole of the law" - Alistair Crowley

It's tough to reconcile what we (as individuals) deem to be right, with what the law of the land says, what society says and what God's law says but it's also a short journey from Judges 21:25 to what Alistair Crowley preached.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 07:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes. -Judges 21:25

It's tough to reconcile what we (as individuals) deem to be right, with what the law of the land says, what society says and what God's law says but it's also a short journey from Judges 21:25 to what Alistair Crowley preached.
    Before the King of Israel - there was Vedic civilization a long time ago - and there was the King of the whole world (King Barata) - and the people were following true religion and they were not killing everything and anything - and they were happy.

We still have those Vedic teachings - and they are still the authority - and will always remain the true authority - but they are for honest persons only - and that is why many do not follow - for it is hard to find an honest person these days.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 07:45
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Before the King of Israel - there was Vedic civilization a long time ago - and there was the King of the whole world (King Barata) - and the people were following true religion and they were not killing everything and anything - and they were happy.

We still have those Vedic teachings - and they are still the authority - and will always remain the true auth ...[text shortened]... only - and that is why many do not follow - for it is hard to find an honest person these days.
    Thank you for tarding up my thread before it even got going.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 07:49

To conciously allign your will to that of "Gods" is a great challenge.
    Alleister Crowleys message has to be taken in context.
    He meant that we are free to decide what shall be the law, that there is no other "law" except the one(s) that we accept.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 08:36
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    To conciously allign your will to that of "Gods" is a great challenge.
    Alleister Crowleys message has to be taken in context.
    He meant that we are free to decide what shall be the law, that there is no other "law" except the one(s) that we accept.
    It is like deciding that I can drive my automobile 65 when the speed limit
    sign says 45. It is fine until we are stopped and have to appear before the Judge. We do what we think is right in our own eyes never expecting to
    have to appear before a Judge and account for what we have done in this
    life. Even Dasa does not expect to appear before a Judge. He just gets
    to do it over and over until he does it right.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 10:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    sign says 45. It is fine until we are stopped and have to appear before the Judge. We do what we think is right in our own eyes never expecting to
    life. Even Dasa does not expect to appear before a Judge. He just gets
    to do it over and over until he does it right.
    One time my friend had to speed and go around a police road block - he didn't have time to stop as he was rushing his father to the hospital (cardiac arrest)
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 12:08

Do as you will is sin nature 101. It dates back to the garden where Adam and Eve forsook the lordship of their Creator and decided to do their own thing. The serpant suggested that they would be as gods. In other words, they became their own god by doing what they wanted to do above all else.

Is it then any wonder that the world is so screwed up with everyone doing as they will? The only hope for order to to take the approach Christ did. Reading the gospels it is plainly evident that he was consumed with doing the will of his Father. So we can either follow his example or do our own thing I suppose.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 12:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is it then any wonder that the world is so screwed up with everyone doing as they will?
    So God made us this way? Why did he make 'sin nature'?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 12:16
    sign says 45. It is fine until we are stopped and have to appear before the Judge.
    Which happens because you broke other peoples law (which says you mustn't drive over 45). The reason for the judging and punishment are: deterrence, and prevention of repeat offences.

We do what we think is right in our own eyes never expecting to
    life.

But any such judging would be meaningless. There is no rational reason for judging and sentencing someone for crimes he was ignorant of, and for which repeat offences or deterrence are not factors.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 21:42
    One time my friend had to speed and go around a police road block - he didn't have time to stop as he was rushing his father to the hospital (cardiac arrest)
    Let's hope they understood.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 21:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Which happens because you broke other peoples law (which says you mustn't drive over 45). The reason for the judging and punishment are: deterrence, and prevention of repeat offences.

[b]We do what we think is right in our own eyes never expecting to
    life.

But any such judgi ...[text shortened]... one for crimes he was ignorant of, and for which repeat offences or deterrence are not factors.[/b]
    As any Judge will tell you, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 22:091 edit
    Let's hope they understood.
    I'm sure whether they understood ,(or the "law" ), was the furthest thing from my friends mind.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 23:50
    I'm sure whether they understood ,(or the "law" ), was the furthest thing from my friends mind.
    What a pity. 😀
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Oct '11 23:54

i suspect there is more to what crowley meant. after all, he did write an entire book on it and started a 'secret' society based on its precepts.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Oct '11 00:02
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i suspect there is more to what crowley meant. after all, he did write an entire book on it and started a 'secret' society based on its precepts.
    Wasn't he that Satanist?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree