1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 17:452 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Oh dear, another spectacular calamitous scientific own goal. The human genome has been 'mapped', that is all, genes have been counted and given names. How all those genes interact and work with each other is going to take geneticists decades to unravel. Claiming the mapping is synonymous with 'understanding' their function is so wide of the mark it's lau ...[text shortened]... uess from a grown man who chooses not read science books for fear they might diminish his faith.
    No own goal, there is no gay gene, you know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. Let us know when you find it. My choice of reading material has no bearing on this, another logical fallacy extraordinaire.

Just finished two books, one on Thomas Cromwell, one on Crime in Glasgow during the Victorian epoch and I am reading one now on Mary Queen of Scots. I don't need to justify my choice of literature to Beano reading balloon heads filled with naught but there own propaganda!

even R J Hinds is preaching rationality now!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 17:483 edits
    Originally posted by redbadger
    yeah there are a few super strength beers and lagers its difficult as a home brewer to achieve that sort of potency. Newcastle Brown is potent its called the wife beater here in the north.you will have to PM me your recipe.
    Newkie brown ale, is it tasty? It looks like a mild bitter. I dunno if I have ever tasted it to be honest. Here is my recipe,

Pale Malt (Maris Otter) (grams) 3310
    Wheat Malt (grams) 465
    Amber Malt (grams) 210
    Crystal Malt (grams) 210
    Chocolate Malt (grams) 135

Fuggle Hops (grams) 22
    Goldings Hops (grams) 22

S-04 yeast

O.G was about 1046
    F.G was about 1012

Was dead easy.

Startrek in ten minutes, gotta go!
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 17:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Newkie brown ale, is it tasty? It looks like a mild bitter. I dunno if I have ever tasted it to be honest. Here is my recipe,

Wheat Malt (grams) 465
    Amber Malt (grams) 210
    Crystal Malt (grams) 210

Fuggle Hops (grams) 22
    Goldings Hops (grams) 22

S-04 yeast

O.G was about 1046
    F.G was about 1012

Was dead easy.

see ya later /yeah newcastle brown is tasty but very gassy maybe that's why it gets you drunk so quick
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 17:56
    No own goal, there is no gay gene, you know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. Let us know when you find it. My choice of reading material has no bearing on this, another logical fallacy extraordinaire.

Just finished two books, one on Thomas Cromwell, one on Crime in Glasgow during the Victorian epoch and I am reading one now on Mary Quee ...[text shortened]... ads filled with naught but there own propaganda!

even R J Hinds is preaching rationality now!
    Claiming there is no gay gene because the human genome has been mapped is unbelievably ignorant nonsense and demonstrates you quite clearly don't know what you're talking about.
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 18:07
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Claiming there is no gay gene because the human genome has been mapped is unbelievably ignorant nonsense and demonstrates you quite clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    probably
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 22:57
    So, uh, yeah. Good points on submission.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Feb '15 02:27
    Originally posted by vivify
    Most of you are probably familiar with the verses that day a woman should submit to her husband "in all subjection", or some variation of that. Do religious people here expect their wives to be completely subjected to them? Any women here expect to obey their husbands in this manner (or already do)? If not, aren't you or your wife disobeying the Word of God?
    I expect my wife to submit to my final word, if and when necessary. But I totally respect her input.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 03:02
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Newcastle Brown is potent its called the wife beater here in the north.
    Newcie Brown has a reputation as a strong beer - certainly stronger than
    traditional draught bitters - but its not as strong as most premium lagers.

I used to drink brown and bitter as a student - ask for a half pint of bitter
    in a pint glass and then split a bottle of Newcie Brown with a mate.
    Good days.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 03:03
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I expect my wife to submit to my final word, if and when necessary. But I totally respect her input.
    You're all heart.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 03:09
    Do you think this attitude of yours towards your partner seeks and finds vindication in Christian doctrine, or ~ was it the other way around, basically ~ did what you take to be Christian doctrine change you or persuade you to adopt your attitude towards her?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 06:49
    Can you explain what you mean, in the context of your post, by "if and when necessary"?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 09:41
    did someone evaluate the decision making skills, intelligence, maturity, etc of both you and your wife and designated you "boss"? can you be fired if you make several bad decisions? can your wife ever be promoted?
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 10:31
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    did someone evaluate the decision making skills, intelligence, maturity, etc of both you and your wife and designated you "boss"? can you be fired if you make several bad decisions? can your wife ever be promoted?
    my wife weighs 9 stone I way 20 stone if I shout s.h.i.t she jumps on the shovel
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 11:472 edits

Wheat Malt (grams) 465
    Amber Malt (grams) 210
    Crystal Malt (grams) 210

Fuggle Hops (grams) 22
    Goldings Hops (grams) 22

S-04 yeast

O.G was about 1046
    F.G was about 1012

Was dead easy.

What is O.G. and F.G. and what are those units?

How long does it take to make a batch of beer like that and how much do you get in finished product?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 13:22
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    I think that's implied when she chooses to marry him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree