This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 23:45
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That is because most women today know they are too sinful to be unconditionally obedient. 😏
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 23:50
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    If you are as intelligent as you claim you would know, without asking, exactly what that meant. I believe you really knew and that is probably why you did not accept the date.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 00:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is because most women today know they are too sinful to be unconditionally obedient. 😏
    I find you, and your religion, repugnant.

The amount of suffering and pain caused by these vile beliefs is to much to comprehend.

And my anger at the despicable inhumanity of religion is what drives me to oppose religion
    and faith based beliefs.

For those who defend belief based on faith, a method of belief formation that allows belief
    in and of anything, I ask you to explain how you can claim faith to be positive when it allows
    this piece of human scum, and his smug belief in his putrid religion to exist.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 02:11
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I find you, and your religion, repugnant.

The amount of suffering and pain caused by these vile beliefs is to much to comprehend.

And my anger at the despicable inhumanity of religion is what drives me to oppose religion
    and faith based beliefs.

For those who defend belief based on faith, a method of belief formation that allows belief
    in ...[text shortened]... when it allows
    this piece of human scum, and his smug belief in his putrid religion to exist.
    From an Atheist's Point of View

YouTube

The Above Atheist Describes Her Near to Near Death Experience As Scary And Funny After An Overdose On Drugs

YouTube
  7. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 10:37
    "Do you expect your wife to submit to you?"

No.

If I did, she would leave me.

If I had, she wouldn't have married me.

Been married 15 years next Oct. Knew each other 4 before that.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 10:58
    Originally posted by moonbus

No.

Someone has to submit for a marriage to last that long. So you must submit to your wife. 😏
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 10:59

No.

I've been married more than 20 years and my spouse and I haven't even ever raised our voices against each other. We've moved country three times and made a stack of joint decisions of a comparable magnitude without ever feeling one was submitting to the other in terms of will or authority or priority. I have known plenty of people who have had marriages that have had a power imbalance built into them, or an assumption to that effect at their very core, but not always successfully.
  10. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 11:052 edits
    Someone has to submit for a marriage to last that long. So you must submit to your wife.
    Think outside the box. Or if you can't, at least recognize that others do. Marriage need not be based on submisison.
  11. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 11:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've been married more than 20 years and my spouse and I haven't even ever raised our voices against each other...
    A successful marriage is not necessarily one in which there are no disagreements. A successful marriage is one in which disagreements, if and when they arise, are settled in a manner which is agreeable to both partners.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 11:30
    A successful marriage is not necessarily one in which there are no disagreements. A successful marriage is one in which disagreements, if and when they arise, are settled in a manner which is agreeable to both partners.
    Oh there have been plenty of disagreements. πŸ™‚
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 11:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've been married more than 20 years and my spouse and I haven't even ever raised our voices against each other. We've moved country three times and made a stack of joint decisions of a comparable magnitude without ever feeling one was submitting to the other in terms of will or authority or priority. I have known plenty of people who have had marriages that hav ...[text shortened]... uilt into them, or an assumption to that effect at their very core, but not always successfully.
    In just over a month my wife and I will have been married 48 years. I have always expected her to submit to me. However, in practice there are many times that I have submitted to her. We also make a lot of joint decisions, but I am sure she would submit to my judgment if I really demanded it.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 11:33
    Think outside the box. Or if you can't, at least recognize that others do. Marriage need not be based on submisison.
    Well, keep up whatever works for you. 😏
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 11:41
    We also make a lot of joint decisions, but I am sure she would submit to my judgment if I really demanded it.
    Do you believe that she should ~ and if so, is it for religious reasons?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree