1. Colorado
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 04:58
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    Well, for one thing apparently you have to believe that the Bible is true-blue history, that Jonah truly was swallowed by a big fish, the Job was not or ever will be only a metaphor for humaity, that God created the Earth in 6 days, that the tribes of Israel were created by a insetuous rape of a father by his daughters, etc. There's more, but I don't want to flood the page.
    Why is this necessary? Jesus often spoke in parables for example. Could it be that even if the Bible is not based totally on actual events, one can still be saved through Jesus?
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 05:07
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Yup.
    When you die, you die.
    Sorry.
    It's like mortality and that.
    What makes you 100% sure?
  3. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 05:49
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If you are 100% sure where you will spend Eternity?

Well because I am a Christian and I would love for you to be saved so I can see you at the big feast in heaven someday. I am praying for you all to come to know the truth, that will set you free from all sin and doubt/fear.

http://www.heargoodnews.org/gospel/doyouknow.html
    What the hell kind of a thread is this to start?
    And what the hell makes YOU so sure that you're even following the right guy? Maybe the JEWS were right. You'd feel pretty stupid then, wouldn't you - kicking back with Satan and all his hellish creations for eternity!
    Get real.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 06:12

Well because I am a Christian and I would love for you to be saved so I can see you at the big feast in heaven someday. I am praying for you all to come to know the truth, that will set you free from all sin and doubt/fear.

That was the crappiest movie I've seen since Heaven's Gate.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 07:03
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Maybe I’m misinterpreting what you’re saying but there seems to be a contradiction here. The question was “do you think that by believing Jesus died on the cross for you, he'll accept you into Heaven and there is nothing else you need to do?”

You said “No. Because if you read revelation some do not make it.”

Now you’re saying that there ar ...[text shortened]... else is required to be accepted by Jesus if believing is not enough, or is it enough after all?
    You are unsaved, taht is why satan has blinded you with doubt to believe that there is contradiction when there is not.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 07:09
    Originally posted by Bromage
    What the hell kind of a thread is this to start?
    And what the hell makes YOU so sure that you're even following the right guy? Maybe the JEWS were right. You'd feel pretty stupid then, wouldn't you - kicking back with Satan and all his hellish creations for eternity!
    Get real.
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org/
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 07:10
    You are unsaved, taht is why satan has blinded you with doubt to believe that there is contradiction when there is not.
    I find it very difficult to understand how 'before' and 'after' which are explicit
    in the Bible constitutes 'doubt.'

It is a fact that something has blinded you to Truths in the Bible. The
    jury is still out on whether it is Satan or your own obtuseness.

Nemesio
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 07:13
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    I find it very difficult to understand how 'before' and 'after' which are explicit
    in the Bible constitutes 'doubt.'

It is a fact that something has blinded you to Truths in the Bible. The
    jury is still out on whether it is Satan or your own obtuseness.

Nemesio
    Look I know where I am going

Read 1 John 5:13

Jesus says he is the way and I put all 100% of my trust in him alone, that is all I and anyone else needs.
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 07:29
    How do you know that I am not saved? How do you know that you are saved? Blaming it on the devil doesn’t really explain much.

What did you mean by this?

No. Because if you read revelation some do not make it.

Jesus says that not all self-proclaimed Christians will go to Heaven, so what are the requirements according to Jesus? How do you know that you've met them?
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 07:311 edit
    Look I know where I am going

Read 1 John 5:13

Jesus says he is the way and I put all 100% of my trust in him alone, that is all I and anyone else needs.
    So it doesn't matter that you ignore Jesus's teachings? In a single thread in the general forum you displayed both racism and sexism, both of which Jesus is shown to be against in John 4:4-26.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 07:33
    Clearly, you don't put 100% of your effort into following his commandments
    (to love one another as God loves you) given your profound sexism and
    racism, not to mention your repeated slander of the Roman Catholic Church.

Don't pack a sweater, where your going; it's going to be hot!

Nemesio
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 17:01
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once: we owe God a death:…and let it go which way it will, he that dies this year is quit for the next.

—William Shakespeare, Henry IV

I figure I’ll be with Jay Peatea. Anyone who says they’re 100% certain about such things is surely being self-deceptive—not the same thing as faith at all, at all. 100% trust is a decision; it's not the same as 100% certainty.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 17:13
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Anyone who says they’re 100% certain about such things is surely being self-deceptive
    Curious: was that comment made with the required per centage of certainty?
  14. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 17:18
    LOL! Almost absolutely not! 😉
  15. Jupiter
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 17:19

I'm not even 100% certain that you are just gullable, you may be taking the piss.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree