1. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 14:26
    If as we are lead to believe by most Christians, Hell is a large fire into which many of our souls will go, then how does it hurt. If we have left our bodies behind is there a new body with special pain receptors just so that we can be endlessly tortured ? What is the purpose of this anyway ? Revenge ? Rehabilitation ? What does the Devil get out of it ?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 14:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If as we are lead to believe by most Christians, Hell is a large fire into which many of our souls will go, then how does it hurt. If we have left our bodies behind is there a new body with special pain receptors just so that we can be endlessly tortured ? What is the purpose of this anyway ? Revenge ? Rehabilitation ? What does the Devil get out of it ?
    I am led to believe, by certain christians, that it may not be a physical pain, but rather a mental one brought on by the soul's realization of their "separation from god." Presumably this would be a bad thing that would lead to much wailing and gnashing of teeth (in the metaphorical sense).
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 14:49
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I am led to believe, by certain christians, that it may not be a physical pain, but rather a mental one brought on by the soul's realization of their "separation from god." Presumably this would be a bad thing that would lead to much wailing and gnashing of teeth (in the metaphorical sense).
    This makes a lot of sense to me, seeing that I believe the great
    pain will be seeing God for who God really is, and the reality of it
    all, side by side with the choices made in this life time. The fantasy
    that cloaked this universe will be dispelled by the Light of God,
    the Truth and Life will be seen, and those that rejected it will get
    what they wanted, and will live with the results of those choices
    forever. Hell will created by the design of those going into it, the
    knowledge of how they kept the truth from showing up in their
    lives and the lives of others.
    Kelly
  4. England
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 14:52
    as the soul is being given its judgement this will make you curse god that is what the devil in his domain wants and gets. the burning and stinging of the soul will be painful. as the heaven soul will be at peace
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 16:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    what they want ...[text shortened]... ledge of how they kept the truth from showing up in their
    Kelly
    I am separated from god now. How would hell be any different?
  6. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 16:31
    All the flames and vultures pecking out your insides and stuff...
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 21:25
    A person in hell will burn up and cease to exist forever and ever.
  8. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 21:322 edits
    It's just one of those places you shouldn't want to go 2.
    Free heating....on a hot summers day!
  9. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 21:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    what they want ...[text shortened]... ledge of how they kept the truth from showing up in their
    Kelly
    Seeing God for who he really is....

Are you afraid that you will only see that he is that little man behind the curtain?
  10. Colorado
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 22:03
    Hell is just a place where unrepentant souls go to burn off their sins or “karmic debt”. Nobody stays there forever or is erased from existence. Too many passages in the Bible contradict what the church has led people to believe.

The good news is that hell is totally avoidable. God is our father and we are his children. All we need to do is accept our rightful inheritance.

If evil is suffering and good is bliss, it makes sense to choose good in order to end our needless suffering. This is of coarse over simplifying it, but you get the gist.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 22:12
    i just gotta rec this one!! brilliant!
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 22:16
    come on guys, did none of you watch 'Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey'? (it was on telly here the other week in NZ) Great film.

Hell, is your hairy grandmother with bad teeth wanting a kiss from you when you're 8.

The devil is just angry. Like a teenager really.
  13. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 22:24
    If as we are lead to believe by most Christians, Hell is a large fire into which many of our souls will go, then how does it hurt. ...
    What is a sensation? Do you feel pain in you limbs or in your brain? If in our limbs, how do anesthetics work? Why don't people feel pain when they are under anesthesia? Do people feel pain when they sleep? Is this only when something stimulates nerves, or is it can it be found in a dream? Do we end thinking when we die? If not, how do we think without brains? If we think without a brain or body, then can we feel pain without a brain or body? Is there any end to questions? If you don't know, why do you ask?
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 22:34
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Seeing God for who he really is....
    Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the satisfaction for our sins."

~John 4:19~

"We love Him because He first loved us."

~1 John 4:9-10~
  15. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 22:37
    Who says it is any different? Who knows, perhaps without your physical brain chemistry helping you to deny and/or ingore the obvious (as it is fairly well recongnized is an ability of humans--I mean really, my Mom has to know that her sense of style is horrible, but sinse realizing it would be too painful, she refuses to feel that pain and continues to expose her warped perspective to the rest of the family), you will be forced to actually feel what is true already.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree