1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 00:13
    Originally posted by hakima
    Sadly, for the same reason Baltimore is, I surmise....

For me, I stopped sorting out the correctness of a religion based on interpretations of institutions or others' actions based on their interpretations a very long time ago...in fact, it is likely for me that the founder of the religion (the Mormon prophet Joseph Smith) of which I was raised into is mos ...[text shortened]... e Goddess...are all forms and manifestations of That One Love...however named...

OM Shanti Om
    Nicely put. In terms of my own studies in my Jewish heritage:

Shema Yisrael YHVH eloheinu YHVH ehad.

“Hear, O Israel, ‘the One that is’, our god, ‘the One that is’ is one.”

Names are names—and names are sometimes metaphors. And none of the names are exhaustive.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 00:431 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You are a puke. You should be banned.
    The Muslims criticize Christianianity as false because they say Allah has no son. So where is the love. The Christian God is one of love and He has an only begotten Son to prove it. 😛
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 01:34
    "Li annaho hakatha ahabba Allaho al alam hatta bithal ibnihi al wahid likay la yahliko kol man yo'min bihi bal takoon laho al hayah al
    abadiya "
    John 3:16

The Christian sacred text says Allah loves...
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 02:12
    Sadly, for the same reason Baltimore is, I surmise....

For me, I stopped sorting out the correctness of a religion based on interpretations of institutions or others' actions based on their interpretations a very long time ago...in fact, it is likely for me that the founder of the religion (the Mormon prophet Joseph Smith) of which I was raised into is mos ...[text shortened]... e Goddess...are all forms and manifestations of That One Love...however named...

OM Shanti Om
    Far out.

What really worries me is when religion combines with the state. There is nothing more dangerous than heads of state speaking for God.

Christians learned this the hard way, however, Islam still persists to want to combine the two.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 02:211 edit
    "Li annaho hakatha ahabba Allaho al alam hatta bithal ibnihi al wahid likay la yahliko kol man yo'min bihi bal takoon laho al hayah al
    abadiya "
    John 3:16

The Christian sacred text says Allah loves...
    The Holly Bible is my sacred text and I don't see a word about Allah in it, unless Allah is "the god of this world" or 'the ruler of this world" or the Antichrist.
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 02:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holly Bible is my sacred text and I don't see a word about Allah in it, unless Allah is "the god of this world" or 'the ruler of this world" or the Antichrist.
    Bless you on your path, Brother Hinds...

Peace be upon you

_()_
  7. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 02:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Far out.

What really worries me is when religion combines with the state. There is nothing more dangerous than heads of state speaking for God....however, Islam still persists to want to combine the two.
    I know what you mean...we have that problem in Texas too...

...yet as bad as it is, I still believe...to paraphrase Anne Frank...people are still good at heart and everything will turn out ok...

The Holy One (blessed be They) have promised...
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 02:50
    "Allah" is the Arabic word for "God" and has been used by Arab Christians for thousands of years. It is also used by Christian speakers of Malay-based languages ~ Malaysianand Indonesian. In Malaysia, there has been a long running political struggle over the word "Allah" with Malaysian Christians fighting hard not to be denied the right to use it.

"The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ʼĔlāhā, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God". The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah". (Even the Arabic-descended Maltese language of Malta, whose population is almost entirely Roman Catholic, uses Alla for "God".) Arab Christians, for example, use the terms Allāh al-ab (الله الأب) for God the Father, Allāh al-ibn (الله الابن) for God the Son, and Allāh al-rūḥ al-quds (الله الروح القدس) for God the Holy Spirit." wiki
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 05:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Allah" is the Arabic word for "God" and has been used by Arab Christians for thousands of years. It is also used by Christian speakers of Malay-based languages ~ Malaysianand Indonesian. In Malaysia, there has been a long running political struggle over the word "Allah" with Malaysian Christians fighting hard not to be denied the right to use it.

"The Aramai ...[text shortened]... ابن) for God the Son, and Allāh al-rūḥ al-quds (الله الروح القدس) for God the Holy Spirit." wiki
    If that be true, then why the saying "Allah has no son" in Islam?

In Christianity, God does have a Son and His name is Yahshua (Jesus). In Islam, Muhammad is Allah's prophet. However, Christianity does not recognize Muhammad as a prophet of God. So Allah must be another god.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 05:49
    If that be true, then why the saying "Allah has no son" in Islam?

In Christianity, God does have a Son and His name is Yahshua (Jesus). In Islam, Muhammad is Allah's prophet. However, Christianity does not recognize Muhammad as a prophet of God. So Allah must be another god.
    Like I say, "Allah" is the word for God used by hundreds of millions of Christians around the world. No one is claiming that the mythologies and folklore of Islam and Judaism and Christianity are the same.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 09:12
    Christians learned this the hard way, however, Islam still persists to want to combine the two.
    Not all Christians. Using religion in politics is still fairly standard in most majority Christian countries including the US.
  12. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 10:02
    If that is true, why is the region such a war zone?
    Western imperialism including (not restricted to) American invasions and American political subversion and American economic imperialism. American protection of sectarian ideologies such as Saudi investment in the Wahhabi sect and its violent teaching. American promotion and subsidy of the violent Zionist movement.

Obviously, the destruction of the Iraqi state left a vacuum of anarchy in which Isis prospers today, closely linked with the sectarian violence which the American occupying force sponsored.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 10:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like I say, "Allah" is the word for God used by hundreds of millions of Christians around the world. No one is claiming that the mythologies and folklore of Islam and Judaism and Christianity are the same.
    And We gave him Isaac and Jacob; each did We guide aright, and Noah did We guide aright aforetime, and of his progeny, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 6:85)

And who is better in faith than he who submits himself to Allah, and he is a doer of good, and follows the religion of Abraham, the upright? And Allah took Abraham for a special friend. (Al Quran 4:126)

And We bestowed blessings on him and Isaac. And among their progeny are some who do good and others who clearly wrong themselves. (Al Quran 37:114)

And worship Allah and associate naught with Him, and show kindness to parents, and to kindred, and orphans, and the needy, and to the neighbor that is a kinsman and the neighbor that is a stranger, and the companion by your side, and the wayfarer, and those whom your right hands possess. Surely, Allah loves not the proud and the boastful. (Al Quran 4:37)

Those who believe and do good deeds — the Gracious God will create love in their hearts. (Al Quran 19:97)
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 10:18
    Far out.

What really worries me is when religion combines with the state. There is nothing more dangerous than heads of state speaking for God.

Romans must worry you then: A lot!

Submission to Governing Authorities
    13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 10:311 edit
    The Irish North and South are Christians and they have certainly been very good at keeping religion separate from politics. Apart from murderous sectarian political violence I suppose.

The English of course are above this, as long as we ignore the role of the monarch as head of state and of the state religion, the role of bishops in the House of Lords and the plague of "faith schools" spreading sectarian bigotry throughout the land.

Yep. Christians have certainly learned the hard way - they have learned nothing the hard way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree