1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 10:33
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Romans must worry you then: A lot!

Submission to Governing Authorities
    13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. [b]The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has institut ...[text shortened]... es, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
    Indeed it becomes rather apparent that not only does the Bible advocate remaining relatively submissive to governmental authorities its does so even to a Roman government that was licentious, bloodthirsty and pagan.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 12:142 edits
    Originally posted by hakima
    I know what you mean...we have that problem in Texas too...

...yet as bad as it is, I still believe...to paraphrase Anne Frank...people are still good at heart and everything will turn out ok...

The Holy One (blessed be They) have promised...
    Wut?

Looking at history anything could be farther from the truth.

People are good at heart? Looking at recorded history, the number of tyrants, wars, slaves, genocides, etc., it is overwhelmingly evident that the nature of mankind is very dark indeed.

Looking at recorded history, Collectivists started off proclaiming themselves as god, then when that no longer worked collectivists proclaimed that they spoke for God, when that no longer worked the proclaimed that there is no God, making themselves the ultimate authority once again. I guess the next step will be backward to proclaiming the state speaks for God, that is, when I look at the spread of Islam around the world.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 12:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed it becomes rather apparent that not only does the Bible advocate remaining relatively submissive to governmental authorities its does so even to a Roman government that was licentious, bloodthirsty and pagan.
    What about when the state requires a mark on your forehead or hand Robbie?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 12:581 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    What are you talking about Whodey? It is clear that the scriptural admonition to remain in subjection to the governmental authorities is a relative one. In what sense are you saying that the government requires a mark on ones forehead and in what sense are you saying that this contravenes Gods word?
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 19:34
    "My punishment is more than I can bear. Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me" (Genesis 4:13-14). God responded, "Not so; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him" (Genesis 4:15-16).

The Mark of the Beast
    16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

Hmmm,. The second seems closest to Whodey's suggestion, as marked (yes "marked" ) in bold. But historically, both have caused a lot of trouble, for example being used to justify racism and slavery in the USA, that Christian land of the free.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 20:39
    If that is true, why is the region such a war zone?
    If only Christianity had been the dominant religion from the 4th Century to the mid-20th Century in Europe, then there wouldn't have been so many wars there.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 May '15 08:31
    The Mark of the Beast
    16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves,[b] to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
    17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. 18 Here i ...[text shortened]... mber of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.[/b]
    So basically the iPhone and the Apple watch.

Oh, and the Apple I was priced at $666.66.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '15 11:44
    "My punishment is more than I can bear. Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me" (Genesis 4:13-14). God responded, "Not so; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one wh ...[text shortened]... or example being used to justify racism and slavery in the USA, that Christian land of the free.
    From your reading would you reason that the ', mark of the beast', is some kind of political stance?
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    01 May '15 20:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    From your reading would you reason that the ', mark of the beast', is some kind of political stance?
    I was observing that when Whodey wrote "What about when the state requires a mark on your forehead or hand Robbie?" he was borrowing a phrase from Revelations, as quoted. What is amusing in Whodey's ouvre is the extent to which he seemingly walks into doors. In virtually every case, the outlandish accusations he levels against others are applicable to his own case and the things he claims to support.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '15 08:47
    I was observing that when Whodey wrote "What about when the state requires a mark on your forehead or hand Robbie?" he was borrowing a phrase from Revelations, as quoted. What is amusing in Whodey's ouvre is the extent to which he seemingly walks into doors. In virtually every case, the outlandish accusations he levels against others are applicable to his own case and the things he claims to support.
    there should be a separate genre for posts like whodeys. whodeyesque slapheadism or something. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree