1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 00:35
    http://news.yahoo.com/someones-handing-leaflets-eastern-ukraine-telling-jews-register-173828220.html

Is this a reliving of history? Or is it propaganda?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 00:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    http://news.yahoo.com/someones-handing-leaflets-eastern-ukraine-telling-jews-register-173828220.html

Maybe political disorder creates an opening for the relatively safe reemergence of political agendas that have been fermenting all along.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 00:56

Appears to be a "reliving of history" which doesn't come as a surprise. Despite Anti Semitism, God's four unconditional covenants with Abraham, the father of the Jewish Race, and his progeny guarantee their future. (Genesis 17:7)
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 01:06
    A significant element of the western-backed mob, that overthrew the elected government a few weeks ago, was ~ and is ~ extreme far right groups, members of which have been reportedly patrolling the streets of several Ukranian towns since the coup. Perhaps that is an explanation.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 01:07
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Appears to be a "reliving of history" which doesn't come as a surprise. Despite Anti Semitism, God's four unconditional covenants with Abraham, the father of the Jewish Race, and his progeny guarantee their future. (Genesis 17:7)
    And yet Christians have been persecuting Jews for 2,000 years.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 03:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    But Jews persecuted Christians first.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 03:431 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But Jews persecuted Christians first.
    Jews aren't handing out leaflets in eastern Ukraine telling Christians to register.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 06:481 edit

I see it as propaganda. A try from Russia to destabilize Ucraine. This destabilization is crucial for Russia before a new annectation.
    "Come to the warm and cosy Russia where you can be safe. You don't need to stay in the antisemite Ucraien anymore. Just embrace us when we come."
    I recognize propaganda when I see it.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 08:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Jews aren't handing out leaflets in eastern Ukraine telling Christians to register.
    Are you claiming that Christians are handing out these leaflets?
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 11:56

I think it is a trend you are likely to see repeated more and more. This world is in such shotty condition politically, financially and morally... there needs to be a 'scapegoat' for all the problems. Stories like this don't surprise me and it is how it starts. First we figure out who's who and where they live, then we go after them. It has happened before in the not to distant past, and likely to happen again.

Remember Hitler blamed the Jews as the reason for the economy being the way it was, when it was really the self serving hypocrites who made the laws that were to blame... it was a distraction to what the 'real powers that be' were up to.

To some, it is a reliving of history, especially those who went through WWII at the hands of the Nazis and remember. To others, it is and will always be propaganda... somewhere in between the two lies the truth, time will tell.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 12:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't forget: Christians have been cheating at golf, on their taxes, on their wives; beating-raping-killing others of all race, religion and creeds; overthrowing governments; blaspheming everything holy and common; engaging in abhorrent activities of all kinds and even -gasp- using chess engines to get higher but meaningless ratings on insignificant chess sites.

This just in: so has everyone else.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 12:59
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Don't forget: Christians have been cheating at golf, on their taxes, on their wives; beating-raping-killing others of all race, religion and creeds; overthrowing governments; blaspheming everything holy and common; engaging in abhorrent activities of all kinds and even -gasp- using chess engines to get higher but meaningless ratings on insignificant chess sites.

This just in: so has everyone else.
    I don't see anything other than a facetious parallel between Christians cheating at golf or chess and 2,000 years of Jews being persecuted by Christians ~ especially in the part of the world where the Ukraine is located. If you are not aware of the strains of Christian politics and theology, as well that have contributed to this, then I can assure you it is a fascinating and disturbing topic.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 13:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't see anything other than a facetious parallel between Christians cheating at golf or chess and 2,000 years of Jews being persecuted by Christians ~ especially in the part of the world where the Ukraine is located. If you are not aware of the strains of Christian politics and theology, as well that have contributed to this, then I can assure you it is a fascinating and disturbing topic.
    I merely take umbrage with a blanket generalization which insinuates a lack of persecution on the part of non-Christians toward either Jews or other-affiliated people.

I am very much aware of some schools of thought which teach a twisted version of the Scriptures with an end result of prejudice toward the Jews.
    I am equally aware of what constitutes theology as well as that which does not constitute theology... the aforementioned prejudice being part of that latter group, specifically.

And while the track record of those power brokers appropriating the moniker of Christian has been abysmal from the Dark Ages forward, the track record of atheists towards the Jews--- in a shorter frame of time--- is far, far worse.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 13:20
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I merely take umbrage with a blanket generalization which insinuates a lack of persecution on the part of non-Christians toward either Jews or other-affiliated people.
    I insinuated nothing of the sort. The rest of your post I mostly agree with ~ although I think we would perhaps disagree about the significant role played by Christian prejudice in the Holocaust ~ and this history-of-Christian-persecution-of-Jews reality was what my original post was alluding to.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 13:23
    I encountered this news story during my morning coffee and news read.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/04/hitlers-hate-flourishing-in-america/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree