1. Wat?
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 09:44
    , assuming there may be a God of course, in the same way we have emotions?

;For the books of christian knowledge do say clearly that he/ made man/ in his own image.

Does he/, if he/ is amongst us, deliberately cause landslides, floods, disasters on a huge scale, because he/ didn't get his/ 'eggs and bacon' for breakfast, or prayers?

Would he/ sometimes forget to take the two or three extra seconds required to self-compose, before re-addressing initial thoughts if they are necessary to be re-addressed, as in most 'human' conditions, and would he/ respond just as negatively as some perceive him/ to do so?

he/ 'oblique' refers to all sexes as they possibly can be.

-m. 😉
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 10:024 edits
    Originally posted by mikelom

;For the books of christian knowledge do say clearly that he/ made man/ in his own image.

Does he/, if he/ is amongst us, deliberately cause landslides, floods, disasters on a huge scale, because he/ didn't get his/ 'eggs and bacon' for breakfast, or prayers?

Would he/ someti ve him/ to do so?

he/ 'oblique' refers to all sexes as they possibly can be.

-m. 😉
    It seems to me that you are invariably trying to view or rather reduce God to human
    terms perhaps as an aid to understanding, like the pantheon of Greek Gods who had
    human traits, felt jealous, were capricious, vengeful etc etc. Of course there are
    specific instances where God (the Biblical God) has been made to feel ,'hurt', 'regret'
    over a course of action and yes there have also been occasions when God (the Biblical
    God) has used natural forces for some end although i cannot think of one instance
    when it was done in an arbitrary fashion. The phrase, 'made in Gods image', is
    interesting, for without a doubt we are endowed with the faculty of conscience and
    can exercise justice, display mercy, apply wisdom, demonstrate love, the difference
    being, we are human and prone to aberration, where it is held that God has these
    qualities in perfect balance.

(Psalm 78:40) . . .How often they would rebel against him in the wilderness, They
    would make him feel hurt in the desert!

(Exodus 32:14) And Jehovah began to feel regret over the evil that he had
    spoken of doing to his people. . .
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 10:19
    Quite a strange question. Considering you are assuming God, you can also assume God has emotions.

It is like asking, "Assuming there may be unicorns, how long is its horn?"
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 10:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It seems to me that you are invariably trying to view or rather reduce God to human
    terms perhaps as an aid to understanding, like the pantheon of Greek Gods who had
    human traits, felt jealous, were capricious, vengeful etc etc. Of course there are
    specific instances where God (the Biblical God) has been made to feel ,'hurt', 'regret'
    over a ...[text shortened]... ehovah began to feel regret over the evil that he had
    spoken of doing to his people. . .
    BUT God is a human term, and only a human perception, so I must treat the term as human.

There are Gods living amongst us, who are super-human (c.f. Nietzsche), and they do super human things. They are human, but act like Gods, so are they not on his level of image?

What's the difference between an 'arbritary' God, and a 'Biblical' one?

Did somebody 'write' a few holes?

-m. 😉
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 10:282 edits
    BUT God is a human term, and only a human perception, so I must treat the term as human.

There are Gods living amongst us, who are super-human (c.f. Nietzsche), and they do super human things. They are human, but act like Gods, so are they not on his level of image?

What's the difference between an 'arbritary' God, and a 'Biblical' one?

Did somebody 'write' a few holes?

-m. 😉
    God is human to you, because that is your perception, to others, its not the case.

Ol Nietzsche spent his time wailing from the mountain tops about the new morality
    and still failed to find anything better than the morality of the Christ, poor old guy, if
    he'd shaved his moustache maybe, just maybe, he would have had a chance with
    the chicks and it would have saved him from his madness.

An arbitrary God acts upon a whim, it is clear that the Biblical God is both patient and
    understanding, issues warnings repeatedly and spares not even his own when
    exercising justice.

there are no holes here, only the ones you are digging for yourself or the ones you
    are digging and covering over with leaves for me 😉
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 11:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there are no holes here, only the ones you are digging for yourself or the ones you
    are digging and covering over with leaves for me 😉
    I wouldn't hurt you! 😳

It's not in my nature.

-m.
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 11:07
    Originally posted by lausey
    Quite a strange question. Considering you are assuming God, you can also assume God has emotions.

It is like asking, "Assuming there may be unicorns, how long is its horn?"
    No it's not!

The question would be, "Assuming a unicorn existed, how long do you think its 'possible' horn might be?"

If you can interpret that subtle, but massive, difference.

-m. 😉
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 11:421 edit
    I wouldn't hurt you! 😳

It's not in my nature.

-m.
    Spoken like a true son of the East. You must forgive my Viking ways.
  9. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 13:45
    No it's not!

The question would be, "Assuming a unicorn existed, how long do you think its 'possible' horn might be?"

If you can interpret that subtle, but massive, difference.

-m. 😉
    Not really, because there are many interpretations of "God" as there are religions. Which implies there are infinite possibilities for God. Therefore, asking if God has emotions is quite simplistic.
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 14:08
    Originally posted by lausey
    Not really, because there are many interpretations of "God" as there are religions. Which implies there are infinite possibilities for God. Therefore, asking if God has emotions is quite simplistic.
    Fair enough.

Maybe I need to rephrase the question?

If you believe in YOUR God, does Your God have emotions and therefore..... etc. etc. destruction?

Is that simpler for you?

-m.
  11. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 15:40
    Fair enough.

If you believe in YOUR God, does Your God have emotions and therefore..... etc. etc. destruction?

Is that simpler for you?

-m.
    Yes (i.e. makes it simpler). 🙂
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 15:56
    Fair enough.

Is that simpler for you?

-m.
    Another approach might be: is the concept of a god that has, and acts on, emotions that are triggered by events in the universe, consistent with other attributes normally attributed to a god, such as creator of the universe and omniscience as to its past, present, and future?

It seems difficult to envision such a god; because in my experience, emotions that are "triggered" by events, seem to have an element of surprise, but such an omniscient god would never be surprised by any events in the universe, pleasantly or otherwise. So I would say that such a god would not experience emotions. But being omniscient, that god would know what they felt like, in an intellectual sort of way.🙂
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 16:42
    Fair enough.

Is that simpler for you?

-m.
    The Christian God has emotions and what He chooses to do about them
    is up to Him.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 16:50
    Originally posted by JS357
    Another approach might be: is the concept of a god that has, and acts on, emotions that are triggered by events in the universe, consistent with other attributes normally attributed to a god, such as creator of the universe and omniscience as to its past, present, and future?

It seems difficult to envision such a god; because in my experience, emotions that ...[text shortened]... t being omniscient, that god would know what they felt like, in an intellectual sort of way.🙂
    If you knew that something was going to happen that you intensely disliked
    and then it happened. Do you really think your dislike for it would diminish
    to the point you would no longer feel anger when it actually happened?
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 17:141 edit
    John 11:34 “Where have you laid him?” he asked.

“Come and see, Lord,” they replied.

35 Jesus wept.

36 Then the Jews said, “See how he loved him!”

And God has anger towards sin. And he has passion to forgive if you ask him to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree