1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 08:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't overlook the difference between killing and Murder. According to Jesus, it is murder that God commanded man not to do. For example, we are allowed to kill for food and as a part of war. We are not allowed to hate our brother without justification.

The Instructor
    "We are not allowed to hate our brother without justification."

Where do you see we are allowed to hate anyone, with or without justification?
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 08:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "We are not allowed to hate our brother without justification."

Where do you see we are allowed to hate anyone, with or without justification?
    Kelly
    “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.

(Matthew 5:21-22 NKJV)

The Instructor
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 08:441 edit
    I've gone over this hundreds of times, in detail!
    That scripture lets everyone know God has appointed a time for all us to
    die. God has put up all the boundaries in the universe for freezing, boiling,
    evaporation, the lives of man, and so on. He can choose to do with all of
    the above as He wills.
    Kelly
    Nobody dispute whether he can kill (assuming he exists). What is being asked is whether he has the right to do so.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 11:51
    [b]“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.

(Matthew 5:21-22 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
    It says it is angry, not hate, and you who are supposed to love those
    Jesus died for, who you can see, how can you love God who you cannot see?
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 12:40
    i would say that he has just as much right to kill as we have.

we cannot argue that it is morally wrong when we ourselves kill lower life forms.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 14:11
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    we cannot argue that it is morally wrong when we ourselves kill lower life forms.
    Why can we not argue that? Many people in fact do do so.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 14:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why can we not argue that? Many people in fact do do so.
    why do you demand of god a morality you do not uphold?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 16:07
    How does that have any bearing on the question? You are the source of the life of your children. Do you therefore have the right to kill them?
    But I'm not the one who gave them their life, God did. So no I would have no right to ever take their life.

But getting back to my original question which was based on how some feel that God has taken from our viewpoint, innocent life's in the past as with the flood or when his people were ordered by him to attack other nations. Was God wrong and cruel in doing that? Did he have justification at all?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 18:291 edit
    It says it is angry, not hate, and you who are supposed to love those
    Jesus died for, who you can see, how can you love God who you cannot see?
    Kelly
    I had associated hate with anger, probably because of what John wrote in 1 John 3:15. However, I see your point that one can be angry with another without going to the point of hatred.

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 18:30
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But I'm not the one who gave them their life, God did. So no I would have no right to ever take their life.

But getting back to my original question which was based on how some feel that God has taken from our viewpoint, innocent life's in the past as with the flood or when his people were ordered by him to attack other nations. Was God wrong and cruel in doing that? Did he have justification at all?
    God gives and takes away, God puts up and takes down. No different than
    the story within scripture about potter and clay, the universe is His to do
    with as He wills.
    Kelly
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 18:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why do you demand of god a morality you do not uphold?
    I do uphold the morality that I demand of God. I just don't uphold your strawman morality.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 18:35
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I still don't think its a valid claim. Giving life does not automatically give you the right to take it.

If the story is true then God was wrong and cruel and did not have sufficient justification.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 18:36
    God gives and takes away, God puts up and takes down.
    Yes we all know perfectly well that he can do so and does so with impunity (if he exists). That is not the question. You are avoiding the question. The question is whether or not he has the right to do so, or whether he is morally right to do so.
    Simply saying over and over that he does do so, doesn't answer the question.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 18:49
    Yes we all know perfectly well that he can do so and does so with impunity (if he exists). That is not the question. You are avoiding the question. The question is whether or not he has the right to do so, or whether he is morally right to do so.
    Simply saying over and over that he does do so, doesn't answer the question.
    Life is on loan from God. If you borrow your neighbors car, does that give you the right to keep it forever?

The Instructor
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 19:03
    Life is on loan from God. If you borrow your neighbors car, does that give you the right to keep it forever?

The Instructor
    True, the universe belongs to Him, our lives included, everything we have
    it all belongs to God. Which is one of the reasons why we are told that no
    matter we need to praise God in whatever state we are in, for this is the
    will of God for us. This should remind us too, that we cannot look at our
    lives and think, because we are doing well God is pleased with us, or to have
    bad things occur to us that God is mad at us. When it rains, both the good
    and bad get wet.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree