1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    then its not possible for me to sin, he already knows, really he should stop me doing it
    Would you an angel to grab your spoon or fork in you hand to stop
    you from over eating if you were about to do that? Would you want
    to go blind for a second or two if someone who looks alluring to you
    sexually shows up so you don't see them and you lust after them?
    What is it you want God to do to you?

By the way God is stopping sin, it is just a process of showing sin for
    what it is first so everyone knows it should be stopped. At least that
    is why I think we are going through this mess.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 06:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Would you an angel to grab your spoon or fork in you hand to stop
    you from over eating if you were about to do that? Would you want
    to go blind for a second or two if someone who looks alluring to you
    sexually shows up so you don't see them and you lust after them?

By the way God is stopping sin, it is just a pro ...[text shortened]... nows it should be stopped. At least that
    Kelly
    Must of typed this when I first woke up, here is what it should have
    said. Sorry!

Would you want an angel to grab your spoon or fork in your hand to
    stop you from over eating if you were about to do that? Would you
    want to go blind for a second or two if someone who looks alluring to
    you sexually shows up so you don't see them and you lust after
    them?

By the way God is stopping sin, it is just a process of showing sin for
    what it is first so everyone knows it should be stopped. At least that
    Kelly
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 08:57
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Now I don't know what strawman of a god you have in your head but he's certainly doesn't sound like the God of Christianity if he's not eternal.
    Now that is a strawman too. There is no such thing as 'the God of Christianity' especially when talking about specific details.
    I can guarantee that the vast majority of Christians past and present have not really considered the concept of eternity that you talk about, and the concept of time being a part of the universe and thus created by God is certainly not a fundamental part of Christianity.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 09:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Now that is a strawman too. There is no such thing as 'the God of Christianity' especially when talking about specific details.
    I can guarantee that the vast majority of Christians past and present have not really considered the concept of eternity that you talk about, and the concept of time being a part of the universe and thus created by God is certainly not a fundamental part of Christianity.
    God being the Alpha and the Omega seems to cover it.
    Kelly
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 09:53
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    God being the Alpha and the Omega seems to cover it.
    Kelly
    Not sure what you mean by that.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 12:24
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    how powerful is god, does he know everything about everything.... if so, he knows the future, he knows the outcome, he knows i will sin tomorrow...

if we have free will is it possible god has already worked out every possibility
    Life is full of paradoxical dilemmas. For God to be God He must be omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. Otherwise He isn't God.

We are not as God. We don't know everything. But be sure of this one thing. We are free moral agents. We are not automatons.
  7. Joined
    16 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 12:31
    god is an athiest
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 12:38
    Originally posted by psychoalpha
    god is an athiest
    Isa 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

I think you're right! 🙂
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 12:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    Life is full of paradoxical dilemmas. For God to be God He must be omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. Otherwise He isn't God.
    You mean he isn't the god you want him to be.

We are not as God. We don't know everything. But be sure of this one thing. We are free moral agents. We are not automatons.
    Why should we be sure of that, and do either of us know what that really means anyway?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 13:00
    You mean he isn't the god you want him to be.

[b]We are not as God. We don't know everything. But be sure of this one thing. We are free moral agents. We are not automatons.

Why should we be sure of that, and do either of us know what that really means anyway?[/b]
    You raise a profound point here. It is thought by many that we can't know anything for sure. If that is true then it is futile to even discuss anything at all.
    But as soon as someone says they know the truth someone comes along and says we can't know the truth. That's true for one who doesn't know the truth and for the one that thinks he knows the truth but really doesn't.

But what if someone, such as myself, does in fact know the truth? How can you know for sure that I know the truth? You can't, until you know the truth yourself.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 13:06
    You raise a profound point here. It is thought by many that we can't know anything for sure. If that is true then it is futile to even discuss anything at all.
    But as soon as someone says they know the truth someone comes along and says we can't know the truth. That's true for one who doesn't know the truth and for the one that thinks he knows the truth but ...[text shortened]... can you know for sure that I know the truth? You can't, until you know the truth yourself.
    So why tell us "to be sure" when you know that such a statement has no real value? It sounded to me like you were urging us to simply believe you without justification or reasoning.

You also forgot to mention that even though you may know the truth, you can never know for sure that what you think is the truth is actually the truth.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 13:42
    So why tell us "to be sure" when you know that such a statement has no real value? It sounded to me like you were urging us to simply believe you without justification or reasoning.

You also forgot to mention that even though you may know the truth, you can never know for sure that what you think is the truth is actually the truth.
    If I say I'm not sure I know the truth then I fall into the same arena of doubt as others. There would be no point.
    They killed Jesus because he had made himself equal with God. Jesus knew who he was and did not compromise. What would be the point?

I'm not asking anyone to believe me. I'm asking you to believe God.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 13:58
    If I say I'm not sure I know the truth then I fall into the same arena of doubt as others. There would be no point.
    I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying that you cannot admit your doubt? That you do not doubt because there would be no point in it? That you are ashamed to be associated with others? Please clarify.

They killed Jesus because he had made himself equal with God. Jesus knew who he was and did not compromise. What would be the point?
    They killed Jesus because it was politically expedient to do so.
    I don't know what you mean about Jesus not compromising. Apparently he wanted to be killed.

I'm not asking anyone to believe me. I'm asking you to believe God.
    But first we must believe you as the message from God is coming via you. In fact we must first believe (via you) that God exists, and only then can we believe your claim that God says we have free will.
    Of course all that is a total waste of time, because we do not yet know what you mean by free will.
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 14:20
    I can guarantee that the vast majority of Christians past and present have not really considered the concept of eternity that you talk about,------whitey--------

whoah! Are you omniscient?

I don't really know how to respond to this. It's so obvious that Chrsitianity proposes an eternal God. You'll be saying next that Christians don't believe Jesus existed!!!
  15. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 14:21
    Not sure what you mean by that.
    Christians do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree