1. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 13:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Pot reintroduced to kettle.
    Funny how two of your posts in this thread are you acknowledging that you are as black as they come.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 13:482 edits
    Yes, so logic must then fail. I was hoping it would.

It's only logical. 😵
    Well, sure, if you assume the rambling in your OP is correct.

I thought it was bollocks.

Did you think you were presenting a good argument?
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 15:57
    In the 1940s, physicist Kurt Godel tried to prove the existence of God with the mathematical proof above. It is based on this argument by Saint Anselm of Canterbury:

1. There is a great being called God, and nothing greater than God can be imagined.

2. God exists as an idea in the mind.

3. With all other things being equal, a being that exists in bot ...[text shortened]... ists, simply that it’s possible that an all-powerful being could exist according to modal logic.
    If God exists of necessity - necessarily exists - then God exists regardless of the empirical circumstances.

A God that exists is part of the collection of mere existent things, and such a conception amounts to idolatry.

Any adequate religious object is necessarily non-existent.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 16:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Funny how two of your posts in this thread are you acknowledging that you are as black as they come.
    What's wrong with black?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 18:08
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Well, sure, if you assume the rambling in your OP is correct.

I thought it was bollocks.

Did you think you were presenting a good argument?
    I just thought it was interesting is all.

Carry on.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 18:08
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    What's wrong with black?
    Racists.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    What's wrong with black?
    If you don't know then those two posts went right over your head.

(I half expect you to ask 'What's wrong with being short?' )
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 19:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you don't know then those two posts went right over your head.

(I half expect you to ask 'What's wrong with being short?' )
    Especially if that was Nigel.....
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 20:491 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    [b]Being able to recognize what is in front of you would be better a better way to put it.

So I'm right? You don't have to believe in his existence, you can just see it? Believing in his existence is at best secondary to actually knowing? If so, why doesn't he make it crystal clear that he exists? Why doesn't he just show himself leaving no dou ...[text shortened]... logical follow-up. What people say or write is not proof of any kind of supernatural existence.[/b]
    That is the point in my opinion and many I'm sure disagree. I believe He has given us all
    we need to know to the point that all of us will be without excuse. Our problems will be
    that we will end up seeing our excuses for all the things we should have done, and all the
    things we should have avoided. God being the central point in reality over all others.

I don't know why He has setup the universe the way He did, or does things the way He is
    doing them. I'm in the same boat you are with that except that as God calls us when we
    receive Him into our lives He changes us.

There is coming a time when all doubt will be removed, but then all choices are set at
    that point too. I admit I'm no different than anyone else, I share the same faults, I have
    the same flaws. It doesn't rest with us to prove God it rests with God to do that, and He
    only does that to those that answer the call of God on their lives.

You want to look for proof when it is all around you, as I've said over and over nothing
    can produce something out of nothing. If you can explain that one without a first cause
    you'd have something.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 23:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    That is the point in my opinion and many I'm sure disagree. I believe He has given us all
    we need to know to the point that all of us will be without excuse. Our problems will be
    that we will end up seeing our excuses for all the things we should have done, and all the
    things we should have avoided. God being the central point in reality over all others. ...[text shortened]... mething out of nothing. If you can explain that one without a first cause
    you'd have something.
    So according to your dogma, only christians go to heaven. Muslims, Buddhists, Janes, Hindu's, Rastafarians, and ESPECIALLY pagans, all go to hell. Some nice god you have there.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 05:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So according to your dogma, only christians go to heaven. Muslims, Buddhists, Janes, Hindu's, Rastafarians, and ESPECIALLY pagans, all go to hell. Some nice god you have there.
    The vast majority of all people will go to Hell, not because God is bad, but because
    we are. This list will also include people who claim to be Christian as well, it isn't a matter
    of human claims that matter, but the reality of God in our lives.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 05:59
    The vast majority of all people will go to Hell, not because God is bad, but because
    we are. This list will also include people who claim to be Christian as well, it isn't a matter
    But haven't you claimed in the past that your "salvation" cannot be cancelled out by how bad you are because how bad you are (or have been, or will be) was preemptively forgiven 2,000 years ago? So you are now saying that you might, in fact, go to "Hell" because of your "sins"?
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 09:00
    A misanthropic God it seems. Heh heh you will all burn - well, a few can be saved maybe, depending on My mood.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 13:223 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan
    A misanthropic God it seems. Heh heh you will all burn - well, a few can be saved maybe, depending on My mood.

If there is a "heh, heh" in God's heart because the sinner will not repent why does He say He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked ?

" Do I take pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord Jehovah, and not in his turning away from his ways that he may live?" (Ezekiel 18:23)

"For I take no pleasure in the death of him who dies, declares the Lord Jehovah; therefore repent and live." (v.32)

You are slandering God's personality. You concoct bitterly a caricature of the Savior God.

" Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord Jehovah, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turns away from his way and lives. Turn away, turn away from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel? " (Exek. 333:11)

This is a window into God's heart. He takes no pleasure that He, out of His eternal righteousness, will not let sin go unpunished. He takes no delight in judgment.

Another slander you launch is that salvation depends on what mood God is in.

The boldness I have before God is to remind Him of His righteous way. Whether He likes me today or doesn't like me today He has to be true to His judgment of Christ on Calvary for my sins. He is faithful and righteous to forgive me of all my sins and cleanse me for uninterrupted fellowship.

It is not dependent upon His mood. It is dependent upon His righteous being. He will not have His claim on two - on Christ the Son and Savior and on me too.

You could pray - "Lord God, whatever mood You are in today, You have promised that if we confess our sins You are faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Whether He likes you today or doesn't like you today, He is bound and committed to His having made His Son the propitiation for the sins of the world. Rather than mock, rather than make sneering sarcasms, you should consider His graciousness toward sinners.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 18:46
    Originally posted by sonship

If there is a "heh, heh" in God's heart because the sinner will not repent why does He say He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked ?

[quote] [b] " Do I take pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord Jeho ...[text shortened]... ther than make sneering sarcasms, you should consider His [b] graciousness
    toward sinners.[/b]
    You are slandering God's personality. You concoct bitterly a caricature of the Savior God.

Silly. If I am slandering anyone's personality then I am slandering KellyJay's personality obviously. The caricature of God is in his account and yours, attributing to God diverse entirely human emotions and behaviours. This human God it is entirely your fantasy, fulfilling your wishes and dreams. Your endless sanctimonious blather is utterly self indulgent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree