1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Jul '16 21:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The vast majority of all people will go to Hell, not because God is bad, but because
    we are. This list will also include people who claim to be Christian as well, it isn't a matter
    of human claims that matter, but the reality of God in our lives.
    Just for clarity, some of the Christian posters in this forum have indicated that, having accepted Jesus once, salvation is guaranteed. You seem to be saying that this is incorrect and that one is still bound to ethical standards to ensure salvation. In other words being a Christian isn't enough, one must live the life. The necessity of Grace is because humans are imperfect and will fall short, so that Christ's sacrifice is to make up for those that put in the effort but fail rather than an automatic absolution of anything one does after accepting Christ. Is this a fair representation of your position?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '16 05:39
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Just for clarity, some of the Christian posters in this forum have indicated that, having accepted Jesus once, salvation is guaranteed. You seem to be saying that this is incorrect and that one is still bound to ethical standards to ensure salvation. In other words being a Christian isn't enough, one must live the life. The necessity of Grace is becau ...[text shortened]... on of anything one does after accepting Christ. Is this a fair representation of your position?
    No what I'm saying is those that actually give their lives to Jesus Christ making Him their
    Lord are saved by Him. Anyone can mouth the words, anyone can make a claim, anyone
    can live working to earn God's favor. Grace is not given just because you say you are
    saved, it is given by God. If God isn't in it, than human claims are worthless.

It isn't "living the life" that would make it us being good enough, it is Jesus Christ in us!
    It is to His glory not ours we are saved, it is to His Glory that when God calls sinners that
    sinners actually turn to God and be reborn in Christ. We are saved, given God's Spirit
    not as a get out of Hell free card, but walk in the Spirit and do the works God has for us
    to do, to learn of God.

It is never by man's effort, man cannot take credit for God's gift we can only receive it.
    So if we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord, He gives us His Spirit and we walk out our lives
    with Him we are sealed with God's Spirit. Salvation begins for us when we are restored
    to God through Christ, so all of those who belong to God, belong to God. There will not
    be anyone through their own efforts get good enough to over come.

Going through the motions is not a good formula for salvation, only being real with God
    can one except God to be real with them. I hope I answered your question if not please
    don't let me off the hook.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '16 06:37
    Going through the motions is not a good formula for salvation, only being real with God can one except God to be real with them. I hope I answered your question if not please don't let me off the hook.
    So having accepted Jesus once, "salvation" is guaranteed but only if there are good deeds too? No good deeds, or only 'going through the motions' type deeds, means "salvation" can be lost, is that what you mean?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '16 06:47
    We are saved, given God's Spirit not as a get out of Hell free card, but walk in the Spirit and do the works God has for us to do, to learn of God.
    But the bit about "do the works God has for us to do" is not actually compulsory? The only compulsory thing is the belief that you are "saved"? Have I understood you correctly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree