1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 02:36
    Does God really care how you worship him?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 02:40
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It's impossible to know.
  3. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 04:391 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 04:401 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    But still you give him respect by spelling his name with a capital 'g'?

[Edit] The posting preceeding this has been removed of some reson. The question was something like "There is not God". Then why spelling god with a capital G like to give the NonExistant respect?[/Edit]
  5. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 04:51
    There is no God so the question is a nonsense. If however, you are deperate to believe Biblical nonsense in spite of good sense and any evidence whatsoever you would also have to believe that God is:

'is jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticide, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully' Richard Dawkins.

The TRUTH of God is that he is the biggest mass murderer in history and does not care about you or anyone else. Surely it is time to dump the Bible for what it is - a whole bunch of jewish tribal propaganda.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 09:36
    Originally posted by clearlight
    There is no God so the question is a nonsense. If however, you are deperate to believe Biblical nonsense in spite of good sense and any evidence whatsoever you would also have to believe that God is:

'is jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, ...[text shortened]... urely it is time to dump the Bible for what it is - a whole bunch of jewish tribal propaganda.
    How can you "know" that there is no god? It's entirely possible that there is a god who is something other than what the bible depicts him as.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 09:59
    Originally posted by rwingett
    How can you "know" that there is no god?
    How can you "know" that there is one?
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 10:08
    I think the question is: do YOU care how I worship? Is it any of your business? Is my worship (or lack of) for you to judge, criticize, interpret, censure, condemn, denounce, or reprimand? Or, should you just let me take responsibility for my own thoughts, feelings, and actions (as long as I am not injuring someone else) and try with all your might to do the same for yourself?
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 10:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    How can you "know" that there is one?
    You can't.
  10. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 10:26
    You can't.
    I always thought of you as an atheist, but you're more agnostic, aren't you?
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 10:32
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    I always thought of you as an atheist, but you're more agnostic, aren't you?
    No, I am an atheist.

I have seen nothing to cause me to believe a god exists and much to cause me to suspect he does not. I go by the assumption that god does not exist, but do not claim to "know" it.
  12. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 10:36
    No, I am an atheist.

I have seen nothing to cause me to believe a god exists and much to cause me to suspect he does not. I go by the assumption that god does not exist, but do not claim to "know" it.
    Interesting. If you don't claim knowledge on the question of divinity, doesn't that make you an
    agnostic by definition? The only reason I don't call myself an atheist is that I fail to see how I can
    possibly know one way or the other, though I too tend to think of the supernatural as highly unlikely.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 10:503 edits
    Christ said the Father is looking for someone to worship him in spirit and in truth. Of course, we must wait for Rwingett to tell us what the REAL Jesus actually said about the matter that was not actually added to the text many years later. We all know that Jesus did not really believe in any silly notion about being a spirit or there being a God. I think that is evident by studying his life story. 😛
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 10:513 edits
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    Interesting. If you don't claim knowledge on the question of divinity, doesn't that make you an
    agnostic by definition? The only reason I don't call myself an atheist is that I fail to see how I can
    possibly know one way or the other, though I too tend to think of the supernatural as highly unlikely.
    Well trust me, Rwingett has ALL the answers so believe him when he says that on one can know the truth......wait a second, how does he then know the truth about this? Now my head hurts.

Anyhew, do you or can you know anything with 100% certainty?
  15. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 11:031 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Anyhew, do you or can you know anything with 100% certainty?
    No, but you can test your assertions and reach different degrees of certainty about the physical world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree