Does life have value?

Does life have value?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
You two provoke thoughts when I read what you write, not trying to disagree or agree with
either of you, so sorry not trying to relate to the point you were making. 🙂
I find this helpful on the question of the value of life.

God made man and then brought all the animals before Adam to name them. This is chapter two of Genesis. Whatever Adam named them, that was what they were.

I take this somewhat more than him just applying a label to them. I see this as Adam having some authority to define each of those creatures and bestowing some value to them in a deputy authority fashion.

"`And Jehovah God formed from the ground every animal of the field and every bird of heaven, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called any living animal, that was its name." (Gen. 2:19)

Man, as a deputy authority participates in bestowing value upon all the other creatures in principle. (Whether Adam named microscopic creatures, I do no know).

But what about the deputy Adam himself ? His value and meaning is defined by God.
What God does He delegates to Adam.

Only in creating man do we see God so intimately involved other than saying "let there be". He takes counsel with Himself in a more striking way and uniquely because of all the valued beings the topmost one is man. (Gen. 1:26,27) .

Moves
03 Jun 17
3 edits

Originally posted by sonship
I would rather put it this way....blurble blurble blurble
Do you realise that your post is nearly 2 feet long?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 17

Originally posted by divegeester
I would rather put it this way....blurble blurble blurble
That depends on the size of the font.

Moves
03 Jun 17
1 edit

That depends on the size of the font.
It's all the same size.
It was a 2 foot, 24 inch post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 17

Originally posted by LemonJello
For a moment, forget the atheist/theist distinction. For my characterization of 'schizophrenia' here, it doesn't matter whether one is a theist or an atheist.

You mean you could then give be a parallel example using an atheist.
Give one please.

A longer reply is above this.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 17

It's all the same size.
I'm flattered that you printed out a hard copy and measured it.
If that is how you took the time to measure the length.

But I still think length would be determined by the size of the letters printed.

Moves
03 Jun 17

I'm flattered that you printed out a hard copy and measured it.
If that is how you took the time to measure the length.

But I still think length would be determined by the size of the letters printed.
I'm just making an objective calibrated comment on how you go on a lot in here instead of being out in the streets ministering a version of whoever's ministry is is you are replicating, in order to prevent people from meeting Jesus in hell while he watches them with his angels while they burn for eternity.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jun 17

2 feet long, but only 1 and a half inches of substance.

It's akin to those massive packets of crisps you can buy that contain barely a mouthful.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
03 Jun 17

It's all the same size.
He's close to becoming a prophet. Just stand back.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 17

I'm just making an objective calibrated comment on how you go on a lot in here instead of being out in the streets ministering a version of whoever's ministry is is you are replicating, in order to prevent people from meeting Jesus in hell while he watches them with his angels while they burn for eternity.
Oh I see, a sneaky guilt trip you had in mind in favor of your interpretation of no eternal punishment.

You could also measure how many inches are the chit chat one liners you wrote this week. How many feet ?

Moves
03 Jun 17

Oh I see, a sneaky guilt trip you had in mind in favor of your interpretation of no eternal punishment.

You could also measure how many inches are the chit chat one liners you wrote this week. How many feet ?
You've accused fmf of causing hundreds of people in here to go to hell, and I've counter accused you of wasting your time in here while you are causing hundreds of people to go to hell who could be hearing your salvation ministry. Instead you are in here exchanging mammoth 2 foot long self-serving post with LemonJelly.

Your version of Jesus is going to burn hundreds more people in hell, who would have escaped, because you are in here pontificating.

Moves
03 Jun 17

Sonship's Jesus: I love you child, I died for you

Child: I don't get you, but there is no one to explain you to me.

Sonship's Jesus: that's no excuse...now burn for eternity!!

c

Moves
03 Jun 17

Sonship's Jesus: I love you child, I died for you

Child: I don't get you, but there is no one to explain you to me.

Sonship's Jesus: that's no excuse...now burn for eternity!!
Interesting how a 'supposed Christian' is criticizing a real Christian, while not explaining his own views, or his own Jesus.

Snake. Exactly how the serpent behaves.

Moves
03 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
Interesting how a 'supposed Christian' is criticizing a real Christian, while not explaining his own views, or his own Jesus.

Snake. Exactly how the serpent behaves.
Which views of mine are you specifically interested in then boy?

c

Moves
03 Jun 17

Which views of mine are you specifically interested in then boy?
You're a tough guy now?

Is there a hell?
You don't believe in what sonship does, so is there any hell at all?