1. London
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 20:23
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    If he were found guilty, but stayed an official of the government, yes. If he were suspected, but the crime were not investigated because the government would fear the result, again yes. If the crime were investigated, he were found guilty, and were punished accordingly, no.
    If the crime were investigated, he was found guilty and punished - but remained an official of the government (say, he worked from prison; or say he rejoined his office once his punishment was over)?
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 20:441 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    According to Dr. Hank Lindstrom's February 7 broadcast, they still do.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Bibleline/

after approximately 15 minutes into the broadcast.

He gave the example that when Kennedy was assassinated, they accepted a large collection of indulgences to save his soul. Is this true?
    No.

But RHP sells indulgences.

Indulge in chess.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 22:11
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    If the crime were investigated, he was found guilty and punished - but remained an official of the government (say, he worked from prison; or say he rejoined his office once his punishment was over)?
    Ah well, that's a bit more complicated. If he simply remained an official, I'd say yes. If he applied for a similar or the same job after getting his punishment and rehabilitation, and he were seen as qualified (including personal qualities like being trustworthy), I don't think I would object to letting him get the job (although a lot of factors would play in here, and one would have to look at the individual case).
  4. London
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 00:091 edit
    Ah well, that's a bit more complicated. If he simply remained an official, I'd say yes. If he applied for a similar or the same job after getting his punishment and rehabilitation, and he were seen as qualified (including personal qualities like being trustworthy), I don't think I would object to letting him get the job (although a lot of factors would play in here, and one would have to look at the individual case).
    And if he were to work from prison?

Even a person who is undergoing punishment can be productive. If the Federal Reserve had a brilliant economist who is incarcerated for a serious crime, would you object to his contributing his talents to society? Does the fact that he is in the employ of the government imply that it condones his crimes?
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 00:02
    I have been unable to locate an email address for the Doctor. Does anybody know it? Halitose? Coletti?
  6. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 03:05
    I have been unable to locate an email address for the Doctor. Does anybody know it? Halitose? Coletti?
    Never heard of him before. Guess I don't listen to a lot of Christian radio much. The only person I listen too regularly on the radio (and only recently) is R.C. Sproul. Also the Apologetics.com podcast is very good.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 21:50
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    And if he were to work from prison?

Even a person who is undergoing punishment can be productive. If the Federal Reserve had a brilliant economist who is incarcerated for a serious crime, would you object to his contributing his talents to society? Does the fact that he is in the employ of the government imply that it condones his crimes?
    If it were in a society in which prisoners generally were allowed or forced to continue to work within their own profession and for the same employer (maybe without being paid), I guess it would be acceptable and wouldn't mean that the government condones his crimes. But I don't know of any society which does that.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 22:25
    According to Dr. Hank Lindstrom's February 7 broadcast, they still do.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Bibleline/

after approximately 15 minutes into the broadcast.

He gave the example that when Kennedy was assassinated, they accepted a large collection of indulgences to save his soul. Is this true?
    It's true; I just brought one on-line. For $69.99 plus tax I get to abort me a baby! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 22:542 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's true; I just brought one on-line. For $69.99 plus tax I get to abort me a baby! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    What's the going rate on Wolfpack-style verbal abuse in the forums? I wonder if we can get a wholesale discount.

Have fun with the abortion. I'm saving up for a serial killing spree, myself.

If I get really lucky and come into some big money, I'm going to become an astronomer.
  10. The sky
    Moves
    11 Feb '06 23:37
    What's the going rate on Wolfpack-style verbal abuse in the forums? I wonder if we can get a wholesale discount.

Have fun with the abortion. I'm saving up for a serial killing spree, myself.

If I get really lucky and come into some big money, I'm going to become an astronomer.
    You can have all that for free if you join RBHILL's belief system.
  11. Earth Prime
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 15:43
    You can have all that for free if you join RBHILL's belief system.
    he's not the only one. and he isn't our leader.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 15:53
    Originally posted by Coconut
    he's not the only one. and he isn't our leader.
    I thought about saying "if you become a Christian fundamentalist", but not all Christian fundamentalists believe that it doesn't matter how you act, so this would have been unfair. The reason why I picked RBHILL is that he has been most outspoken about this belief.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree