1. weedhopper
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 04:46
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I think you need to re-read my post and perhaps whodey's post and put the statement you pulled into context. I was addressing the incoherence of whodey's position. His pointing to "striving" does not make it any less incoherent. You seem to have inferred something that's not there.
    You're right ToO--I reached a conclusion that was not based on your text---sorry 'bout that!😵 I was reading way too much into the word striving, and assumed that whodey believed as I do--that God expects us to strive to be like Him, and is pleased when we do. Re-reading his posts, I see that I may be in error. Well, you know what they say about assuming. 😉
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '09 06:092 edits
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    You're right ToO--I reached a conclusion that was not based on your text---sorry 'bout that!😵 I was reading way too much into the word striving, and assumed that whodey believed as I do--that God expects us to strive to be like Him, and is pleased when we do. Re-reading his posts, I see that I may be in error. Well, you know what they say about assuming. 😉
    No I agree with that assessment. We are asked to walk in faith. In other words, what we percieve God has said we follow we follow. It is just like Christ in that we are to be about the Fathers business. It is, in fact, a walk of faith in order to please our God.

So there is a distinct difference in maintaining an appearance of following Christ and one actually doing so. It all has to do with ones heart which the Bible time and again is clear about throughout both Old and New Testaments. We are to seek God with all our heart. The heart is the key in what we love the most no matter if we stumble from time to time.

So who knows and tests what is in our hearts? Is it man? No. It is God alone. Therefore, I see little use in judging others in such a way other than to point out and correct fellow Christians when they seem to go astray.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree