1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 07:55
    ...... if you cant be replaced you cant be promoted!!!
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 08:34
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    ...... if you cant be replaced you cant be promoted!!!
    And if you can be replaced then you might be replaced.

Also, no-one is ever truly irreplaceable or essential to a business.

You are right, though, many people struggle to be irreplaceable and miss out on opportunities as a result.

I am struggling to see the spirituality aspect in all this, but then you usually hide your true meaning behind a row of dots ........

Another bad tendency in the work place is to try to keep your knowledge secret. My policy has always been to share my knowledge with my work mates as much as possible, that way we all benefit.
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 08:40
    Originally posted by twhitehead

You are right, though, many people struggle to be irreplaceable and miss out on opportunities as a result.

I am struggling to see the spirituality aspect in all this, but then you usually hide your true meaning behind a row ...[text shortened]... ways been to share my knowledge with my work mates as much as possible, that way we all benefit.
    I have found that the more information I share, the more people come to me for information.... It has two benefits, firstly the people you teach can do the stuff you have done and are now getting bored of (which lets you concentrate on what you want to do next), and secondly everybody thinks you are a true guru, and you get appropriate rewards.... (mostly smug satisfaction😀)
  4. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 09:39

I am struggling to see the spirituality aspect in all this, but then you usually hide your true meaning behind a row ...[text shortened]... ways been to share my knowledge with my work mates as much as possible, that way we all benefit.
    You have a problem with me dont you?

I try to express my feelings as truthfully as possible,you just dont look at what i say deep enough!

Im amazed you agreed with me on this though!

The Spiritual part is that i am sharing my opinion on something that could help my fellow man,see?

No dots for you,ok.Satisfied!!! sheesh!!!!
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 09:39
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    I have found that the more information I share, the more people come to me for information.... It has two benefits, firstly the people you teach can do the stuff you have done and are now getting bored of (which lets you concentrate on what you want to do next), and secondly everybody thinks you are a true guru, and you get appropriate rewards.... (mostly smug satisfaction😀)
    Then you are not seeking to be irreplaceable....well done!!!
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 10:27
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    You have a problem with me dont you?
    With some of your opinions, not you as a whole.

I try to express my feelings as truthfully as possible,you just dont look at what i say deep enough!
    I am trying but you refuse to clarify, when I don't get it.

I'm amazed you agreed with me on this though!
    I don't contradict you simply for the sake of contradicting you. When you say something I agree with, I have no problem with saying so. In this thread I agree with you completely and they are wise words you started the thread with.
    A related saying is "a good employee works himself out of a job".

The Spiritual part is that i am sharing my opinion on something that could help my fellow man,see?

No dots for you,ok.Satisfied!!! sheesh!!!!

Thank you.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:28

Well said
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Oct '07 15:14

My policy has always been to share my knowledge with my work mates as much as possible, that way we all benefit.
    I'll bet they just loooove the constant corrections you "share."
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '07 19:20
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]My policy has always been to share my knowledge with my work mates as much as possible, that way we all benefit.
    I'll bet they just loooove the constant corrections you "share."[/b]
    I agree with him on this one, it is better to help those around you up
    than try to climb over them. Why so negative nothing was said that
    suggested that was going on?
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 07:371 edit
    I also agree...
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 14:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I agree with him on this one, it is better to help those around you up
    than try to climb over them. Why so negative nothing was said that
    suggested that was going on?
    Kelly
    TH has continually exhibited nothing short of a critical and contrarian nature. If he's anything in person as he is on-line, I doubt there are many who can withstand his withering criticisms for long.
  12. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 16:21
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    TH has continually exhibited nothing short of a critical and contrarian nature. If he's anything in person as he is on-line, I doubt there are many who can withstand his withering criticisms for long.
    Hear,hear!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree