1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 08:17
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Once again you choose not to engage but scoff instead. If I were a compatabilist I could just let you off because it's inevitable , but I'm not. What I find interesting about your approach is that you think I'm talking nonsense but you somehow feel it's important to take the time to have a dig anyway. Me thinks you scoff too much!
    But you ARE spamming. 3 threads for one topic? This is nonsense man, keep it to one thread.
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 11:26
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    But you ARE spamming. 3 threads for one topic? This is nonsense man, keep it to one thread.
    stop being a titty baby, nobody asked you to read his threads.
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 12:38
    Three wouldn't be so bad.

It's a lot more than three, and I've tried to engage in a few of them.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 12:58
    Originally posted by dottewell

I'm holding out for the Green Door to open.
  5. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 13:00
    In answer to your question; I don't have a clue.

...don't worry bro. you are asking all the right questions.
    How do you argue against causality? How do you know that your experience of free will isn't just an illusion?
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 16:50
    Originally posted by dottewell

What difference does it make? I was unaware of any rule that said you could not post a lot of threads. The threads only look repetitive to you because you are uninterested in the details (for example the subtle difference between Door 18 and 17 ) . In any case Door 18 was a direct response to whiteheads objection to door 17 , I had no plans for it.I also start fresh threads because you run out of room eventually (eg why so angry 1+2) If the mods made it so that we didn't have to click for 30 minutes to reach the end of a thread I would happily continue.

Also , many of the threads on this forum are repetitions in various forms of many of the same classical issues such as free will . Open you eyes.
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 16:54
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    How do you argue against causality? How do you know that your experience of free will isn't just an illusion?
    I argue against causality because it's ultimately logical that causality must break down . When you think about it what caused theuniverse and what caused that (inifinite regress) or something coming from nothing or God. All these competing models have one thing in common causality starts to creek at the seams.

I do not know that free will isn't an illusion but neither do I know that my life is not a dream. What I do know is that our experience of free will is strong enough for us to question whether determinism really is the only truth to reality.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 17:54
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I'm holding out for the Green Door to open.
    Don't worry, Bosse. I get it.
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 18:00
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Don't worry, Bosse. I get it.
    I think half these people know just what's behind there but they aren't telling.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 21:05
    What difference does it make? I was unaware of any rule that said you could not post a lot of threads. The threads only look repetitive to you because you are uninterested in the details (for example the subtle difference between Door 18 and 17 ) . In any case Door 18 was a direct response to whiteheads objection to door 17 , I had no plans for it.I al ...[text shortened]... itions in various forms of many of the same classical issues such as free will . Open you eyes.
    there are 3050 posts on the evolution thread, you don't scroll through all them else you might learn something.

Sop being disingenuous.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 21:06
    I argue against causality because it's ultimately logical that causality must break down . When you think about it what caused theuniverse and what caused that (inifinite regress) or something coming from nothing or God. All these competing models have one thing in common causality starts to creek at the seams.

I do not know that free will isn't a ...[text shortened]... l is strong enough for us to question whether determinism really is the only truth to reality.
    All you have ultimately, is what aristotle, not a god said;

it must come come somewhere ,
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 07:531 edit
    there are 3050 posts on the evolution thread, you don't scroll through all them else you might learn something.

Sop being disingenuous.
    You're mind reading like visted has been saying recently. I find the yellow triangle tedious. How do you know that I am not being honest? I know I am but how do you know , are you sure you are not projecting an aspect of yourself on to me?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 09:13
    If the mods made it so that we didn't have to click for 30 minutes to reach the end of a thread I would happily continue.
    It is a pain when thread go past 20 pages, but there are ways round it.
    1. click on a page then modify the url where it says page=number to a higher number.
    2. when you are at the end of a thread you post in regularly bookmark it there and you will be able to get back there.
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 17:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is a pain when thread go past 20 pages, but there are ways round it.
    1. click on a page then modify the url where it says page=number to a higher number.
    2. when you are at the end of a thread you post in regularly bookmark it there and you will be able to get back there.
    I'll try it , but it still sounds a lot simpler just to continue on another thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree