1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 10:48
    @galveston75 said
    Really? In black and white written right in front of your face but yet you cannot see..............
    Yes, really. Where is "go door to door" in "black and white written right in front" of my face in Acts 1:8?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 10:49
    @galveston75 said
    Why not pray to them and ask yourself for clarification?
    Good retort. I look forward to his reply

Perhaps it will include some more words he looked up in the dictionary which you have never heard of but like the meaning of 😉
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 11:12
    @divegeester said
    Good retort. I look forward to his reply

Perhaps it will include some more words he looked up in the dictionary which you have never heard of but like the meaning of 😉
    Oh boy...I really hope so!!!!!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 11:17
    @galveston75 said
    Oh boy...I really hope so!!!!!
    I’m pleased you are excited about SecondSon’s forthcoming reply.

My dictionary is at the ready.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 11:331 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Matthew 28:19, 20

19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Matthew 10:11-13
    11 “Into whatever city or vil ...[text shortened]... g you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house.
    Lets take your first reference

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
    (Matthew 28:19-20 KJV)

First Jesus here was addressing the 11 disciples not a multitude of thousands. Jesus never told the thousands to go door to door. Going door to door is optional and not a commandment of Christ. You want to go door to door, then go ahead. You do not want to do it then dont. It is not a requirement or commandment. There is virtue in going door to door if you can manage to do it but the JWs force the members to do it and it is a requirement of their membership

Next if you going with what Jesus said then this is the purpose of going door to door

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:

Youall do not preach the commandments of Christ. You preach your own JW doctrine almost none of which was taught by Christ.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 11:591 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Why not pray to them and ask yourself for clarification?
    Why pray for clarification about something I already know clearly?

I would advise you to investigate the legitimacy of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

You've been flamboozeled.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 12:18
    @josephw said
    flamboozeled.
    This is actually a good one! 😁
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 13:00
    @divegeester said
    This is actually a good one! 😁
    I know its meaning because I have been both flamboozeled and a flamboozeler.

Like everyone else except Jesus. Jesus is real.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree