1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 13:491 edit
    About "Double truth":
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_(religious)#.22Double_truth.22_theories

I like this section in particular:
    "Other Christian sects, especially Fundamentalists, go to the other extreme, and urge their followers to reject any science that conflicts with the literal interpretation of scripture. In their view, real scientific evidence always supports the Bible, and scientists only hold beliefs contrary to the Bible because of evidence, and because scientists desire to find a reason instead of God, in order to continue their sinful life styles."
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 14:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    About "Double truth":
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_(religious)#.22Double_truth.22_theories

I like this section in particular:
    "Other Christian sects, especially [b]Fundamentalists
    , go to the other extreme, and urge their followers to reject any science that conflicts with the literal interpretation of scripture. In their view, real scien ...[text shortened]... ists desire to find a reason instead of God, in order to continue their sinful life styles."[/b]
    yeah so what about it? real science does not contradict the Bible! but its not because scientists are any more sinful than the rest of humanity or that they desire to disprove or find a reason not to believe in God its simply because much of what passes for science is nothing of the sort๐Ÿ˜‰
  3. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 18:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah so what about it? real science does not contradict the Bible! but its not because scientists are any more sinful than the rest of humanity or that they desire to disprove or find a reason not to believe in God its simply because much of what passes for science is nothing of the sort๐Ÿ˜‰
    examples pls
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 00:21
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    examples pls
    yeah, like fish becoming men, there's a start!
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 00:562 edits
    yeah, like fish becoming men, there's a start!
    how about sperm just turning into grown men, or eggs just turning into chickens!...how silly is that!!!
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 03:122 edits
    Fish becoming men is a fine example. It's not something to be dumbed down or dismissed, i.e. "egg becoming chicken."

Fish becoming man is much more complicated and is not anything more than a theory. So why is theory accepted as established science or fact? It's because of the predisposition and bona fide dogma that exists in the scientific community.

The missing link is still missing but that doesn't stop science sweeping it under the carpet, does it.
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 03:22
    And by the way, I'm a Fundamentalist but I'm not a bible literalist. Every true Christian is actually a Fundamentalist if you look up the definition.

The word Fundamentalist or 'fundy' has been changed by the secular culture to mean something entirely different. It's been 'upgraded' to mean zealous, fanatic, militant bible-thumping bible literalist.

It was a move intended to damage the reputation of Christians, not unlike the way people who allege to have had UFO experiences, are said to believe in 'little green men.'
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 03:271 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    So why is theory accepted as established science or fact?
    The theory of gravity is also not anything more than a theory.

The germ theory of disease is also not anything more than a theory.

Atomic theory is also not anything more than a theory.

So why are these accepted as science? For the same reason the theory of evolution is accepted as science.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 05:07
    The missing link is still missing but that doesn't stop science sweeping it under the carpet, does it.
    References please. Which missing link is still missing?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '07
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 08:182 edits
    I fail to see the actual point of this thread

Is it just a good passage from wiki or is there a question or topic raised by the OP?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 08:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    References please. Which missing link is still missing?
    the forum has already established that Zahlanzi is the missing link!
  12. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 12:12
    the forum has already established that Zahlanzi is the missing link!
    Well the, It's not missing any more.

--- Penguin.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 20:11
    And by the way, I'm a [b]Fundamentalist but I'm not a bible literalist. Every true Christian is actually a Fundamentalist if you look up the definition.

The word Fundamentalist or 'fundy' has been changed by the secular culture to mean something entirely different. It's been 'upgraded' to mean zealous, fanatic, militant bible-thumping bible literali ...[text shortened]... ople who allege to have had UFO experiences, are said to believe in 'little green men.'[/b]
    What is the definition of 'fundamentalism' according to you? Also, what is a "true" Christian? Is that in opposition to, say, a false Christian?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '09 22:23
    ask me! ask me!
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 01:07
    ask me! ask me!
    Nerd. ๐Ÿ˜›

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree