1. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110481
    02 May '10 01:59
    Doubt is not a pleasant position, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    02 May '10 02:30
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Doubt is not a pleasant position, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire
    I doubt that.
  3. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110481
    02 May '10 04:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    I doubt that.
    Are you certain?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91563
    02 May '10 08:31
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Doubt is not a pleasant position, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire
    The psycology of non-dualism is fascinating.
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    02 May '10 20:11
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The psycology of non-dualism is fascinating.
    I'm certain I doubt that.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    02 May '10 20:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    I'm certain I doubt that.
    I doubt that you are certain.
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    02 May '10 23:13
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I doubt that you are certain.
    I doubt you doubt that I am certain you doubt that I'm certain.
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18218
    03 May '10 02:19
    Originally posted by josephw
    I doubt you doubt that I am certain you doubt that I'm certain.
    I doubt it.
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    03 May '10 13:06
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I doubt it.
    I'm not certain that you do.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    04 May '10 09:08
    Paul's certainty that Christ was Lord came from him witnessing Christ being woven into his personality, transforming him.

    Jesus said that when He entered into someone He would manifest Himself to that person. He manifests Himself by dispensing the personality of Jesus into the receiver's personality. Through patience and obedience the receiver witnesses himself being transformed into the image of Christ.

    This changing of the believer's being is persuasive that they are indeed on the right track.
  11. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110481
    04 May '10 09:49
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Paul's certainty that Christ was Lord came from him witnessing Christ being woven into his personality, transforming him.

    Jesus said that when He entered into someone He would manifest Himself to that person. He manifests Himself by dispensing the personality of Jesus into the receiver's personality. Through patience and obedience the receiver witnesses ...[text shortened]... This changing of the believer's being is persuasive that they are indeed on the right track.
    Paul wast the world's greatest huskster. Jesus is a glorified human scapegoat.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91563
    04 May '10 11:52
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Paul wast the world's greatest huskster. Jesus is a glorified human scapegoat.
    Thats one way to look at it...
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    04 May '10 13:55
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Paul wast the world's greatest huskster. Jesus is a glorified human scapegoat.
    Now that is interesting. You start a thread with an impressive display of original thought, (that is quoting Voltaire). Like a wise man of few words, ( or an experienced Internet troll ), you use a few words to go back and forth about you doubt or you are certain. (???)

    Seems like the one acting the huckster is you Joe.
  14. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110481
    04 May '10 14:02
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Now that is interesting. You start a thread with an impressive display of original thought, (that is quoting Voltaire). Like a wise man of few words, ( or an experienced Internet troll ), you use a few words to go back and forth about you doubt or you are certain. (???)

    Seems like the one acting the [b]huckster
    is you Joe.[/b]
    Are nyou certain?
  15. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    04 May '10 14:04
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Doubt is not a pleasant position, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire
    "Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen."

    Unlike Voltaire, there was never a need for retreat in Paul's writings.
Back to Top