1. Maryland
    Moves
    04 May '10 16:29
    Remember if god is responsible for all things, then he is responsible for mucous, pus, tooth decay, and alzheimers disease, not to mention defecation by products.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 May '10 16:34
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    "Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen."

Unlike Voltaire, there was never a need for retreat in Paul's writings.
    🙂

The difference between what is human and what is divine. Such simple things can be such obstacles for some.

Like a bright light shinning in one's eyes. One must look away.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 May '10 17:23
    "Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen."

Unlike Voltaire, there was never a need for retreat in Paul's writings.
    He was famous for changing his mind, however...
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '10 02:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    🙂

The difference between what is human and what is divine. Such simple things can be such obstacles for some.

Like a bright light shinning in one's eyes. One must look away.
    What it is to be "human" is changing.

I've seen that light and it is bright indeed.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 May '10 03:11
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    He was famous for changing his mind, however...
    Funny, I don't recall that particular trait in any list of Paul's accomplishments. His unparalleled genius is often cited, as is his ascension within Judaism prior to conversion. I've heard scholars speak on his mastery of the ancient languages in which he conversed, as well as his ability to convey detailed and complex concepts with inventive economy.

But, unlike you, I've never heard that he was famous for changing his mind. Perhaps you are privy to information I've missed?
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 May '10 18:33
    Funny, I don't recall that particular trait in any list of Paul's accomplishments. His unparalleled genius is often cited, as is his ascension within Judaism prior to conversion. I've heard scholars speak on his mastery of the ancient languages in which he conversed, as well as his ability to convey detailed and complex concepts with inventive economy.
    ...[text shortened]... hat he was famous for changing his mind. Perhaps you are privy to information I've missed?
    Well I'm not an avid student of your scripture, but didn't he have a bit of a change of heart on the road to Damascus? Or was that a different Paul?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 May '10 23:15
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Well I'm not an avid student of your scripture, but didn't he have a bit of a change of heart on the road to Damascus? Or was that a different Paul?
    Oh. That change of mind. My bad.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 May '10 12:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What it is to be "human" is changing.

I've seen that light and it is bright indeed.
    "What it is to be "human" is changing."

Absurd.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 May '10 22:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    "[b]What it is to be "human" is changing."

Absurd.[/b]
    Really? Are you saying that the language is not changing. And why is the language changing? Because the concepts the language refers to is changing.

More precisely, an everyday man say...1000 years ago would have been defined more by their ability to defend their family(propensity for violence) and gathering food. While this may be true in some places still, surely you can see that people have redefined their roles.

A lot of things are changing. What it means to be "human" is in a transitory phase. I'm hoping humans in the future will be enlightened and connected with spirit. Certainly a new way to be "human" rather than the un-connected, disassociated human of the past.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree