1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 16:462 edits
    DREAMS AND VISIONS: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World?

http://www.amazon.com/DREAMS-AND-VISIONS-Awakening-ebook/dp/B0078FAA3M

YouTube

I just ordered it on Amazon, should be a great read.

The book also Claim that the Christian church is growing fastest in Iran and Iraq.

"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' Isaiah 65:1 NIV
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 06:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    DREAMS AND VISIONS: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World?

http://www.amazon.com/DREAMS-AND-VISIONS-Awakening-ebook/dp/B0078FAA3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42EcTqEjHE

I just ordered it on Amazon, should be a great read.

The book also Claim that the Christian church is growing fastest in Iran and Iraq.

"I revealed myself to those who did no ...[text shortened]... me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' Isaiah 65:1 NIV
    I finished the book in 4 days. I would like for all chirstians to read this book. There are also some websites with testimonies about some of the dreams and visions. I will post it latter.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 16:51
    I finished the book in 4 days. I would like for all chirstians to read this book. There are also some websites with testimonies about some of the dreams and visions. I will post it latter.
    I am interested to hear about it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 17:14
    The testimony that I know of one Iranian woman in our congregation is dramatic.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 22:26
    http://www.answering-islam.org/Testimonies/index.html

The best testimony from the book was about imams taking a believer by gun piont and when they got him to a secret location they said that they were having dreams of Jesus. And that he would understand about being held up by a gun to make it look like they were not Christians at first. But then he lead them all to Jesus 12 of them.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 22:46
    Why the thumbs down on top. Are you jealous that God give muslims dreams?

Well if he gave you a dream for 30 straight days of himself would you write him off still?
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 03:371 edit
    "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' Isaiah 65:1 NIV
    If anyone was ever a God-hating mocker of Chrisitans, I was. After my conversion, I immediately started ingesting the words of Scripture. When I got to the verse you just cited (Isa 65:1), I looked at it from a personal perspective and wept.

That verse thus became my personal favorite in all the bible.

FYI, I was attracted to this thread because of the subject heading. Both immediately before and for some time after my conversion, I had powerful dreams of unquestionable relevance and meaning, and they changed my life forever.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 04:57
    Why the thumbs down on top. Are you jealous that God give muslims dreams?
    Do you actually think before you post? Do you seriously think anyone would be jealous of God?

Also, I wonder if you can explain to us why Christians like you are so fond of conversion stories, and "The Church is growing" stories. Do you feel insecure? Are you not completely convinced that your religion is true and you need to constantly keep looking for evidence of it and tell others about it as a means of deliberate self assurance?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 05:16
    Originally posted by sonship
    The testimony that I know of one Iranian woman in our congregation is dramatic.
    In the last 20 years here in Indonesia I have seen just as many Christians convert to Islam as I have seen Muslims convert to Christianity.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 14:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    In the last 20 years here in Indonesia I have seen just as many Christians convert to Islam as I have seen Muslims convert to Christianity.

I wasn't speaking of converts from Islam to Christianity or from Christianity to Islam.

I was talking about Middle Eastern people meeting Jesus. In the last twenty years I have met a lot of people who bought Christmas presents, attended to a building with a steeple and a cross (either voluntarily or taken as a child) or who admired the "golden rule" who decided to label themselves as atheists.

A lot of them said they use to be Christians too. Some even went to Seminary and decided that being called Reverend so-and-so wasn't as exciting as they thought it would be.

A lot of these "cultural Christians" also say that now they are loud and proud non-Christians.

I expect this phenomenon to encrease rather than diminish.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 14:57
    I wasn't speaking of converts from Islam to Christianity or from Christianity to Islam.
    OK, but you said "The testimony that I know of one Iranian woman in our congregation is dramatic" without explaining what the "testimony" was. I assumed it was connected to the OP. Was it not?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 15:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK, but you said "The testimony that I know of one Iranian woman in our congregation is dramatic" without explaining what the "testimony" was. I assumed it was connected to the OP. Was it not?
    Questions, questions, questions and questions.
    You like to ask a lot of questions FMF.

I think you understood me ok.
    I don't think you like what I wrote.
    But I trust that you understood it adaquately enough.

Exptected reply - then why did I explain ... etc. etc. ?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 15:06
    I think you understood me ok.
    I don't think you like what I wrote.
    But I trust that you understood it adaquately enough.
    I thought your answer was non-sequitur. What was the "testimony" of the Iranian woman in your congregation? Is she a convert from Islam to your religion?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 16:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    I thought your answer was non-sequitur. What was the "testimony" of the Iranian woman in your congregation? Is she a convert from Islam to your religion?

She was brought up a cultural Moslem more or less accepting the prevailing traditions of that part of the world.

Jesus became real to her in what I would call a atypical and dramatic way. I would have to go back and read her explanation in detail.

I am not prepared right now to remember WHY she was interested in Jesus. She was seeking for God to be real.

Many people cannot say that they know God. Many religious people can tell you -

How to pray.
    How to fast.
    How to give alms.
    What position to sit in.
    Where to do the hadji.
    What to eat and when.

If you press them and ask them if they know God, you will find that many will eventually admit that they do not know God in any kind of personal way. Even the thought that one COULD know God seems to be strange to them.

Some religious people get sick and tired of the fact that they do not really know God. I think she was of this attitude.

Having said all that, I add - That people who have a unique experience that no one seems to understand except others who have had that experience, is not strange.

Yes, she fellowships with other Christians in a corperate way.

The true God initiates a spiritual experience that is not only vertical but horizontal as well. That is horizontal in love for the brotherhood.

Yes, we meet in the home of her and her husband. And she also gathers in the homes of other believers in Christ and in larger meeting facilities with larger numbers of fellow Christians.

Meeting collectively, of course, is not the sole characteristic of our faith.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 17:01

She was brought up a cultural Moslem more or less accepting the prevailing traditions of that part of the world.

Jesus became real to her in what I would call a atypical and dram ...[text shortened]... Christians.

Meeting collectively, of course, is not the sole characteristic of our faith.
    It's an interesting anecdote. And its content is pretty much as I imagined. That's why I shared my anecdotal evidence with you. Some of the converts I know [and have known] were more sincere and committed than others. It sounds like your Iranian friend is really into the change she's made. Have you met any Americans who have converted to Islam?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree