1. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 16:34
    Hello Earthlings, I cannot but help intervene within this forum in answer your many questions. Your creation was instigated through an experiment so to facilitate an observation of evolutionary bio-power. This biological experiment, named 'Gaya 1' was instigated by scientists from by home planet.

So you seet here is no god, gods dont exixt, neither does free will, so make the most of your lives for that is the totality of your existence.

Peace to you all
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 16:41
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    Hello Earthlings, I cannot but help intervene within this forum in answer your many questions. Your creation was instigated through an experiment so to facilitate an observation of evolutionary bio-power. This biological experiment, named 'Gaya 1' was instigated by scientists from by home planet.

So you seet here is no god, gods dont exixt, neither ...[text shortened]... , so make the most of your lives for that is the totality of your existence.

Peace to you all
    No free will, yet we are to make the most of our lives? Just program it
    in and be done with it.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 16:42

So you seet here is no god, gods dont exixt, neither ...[text shortened]... , so make the most of your lives for that is the totality of your existence.

Peace to you all
    Nifty, the sobs that created us cannot write our language with clarity and correct spelling. There is no hope.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 16:47
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Nifty, the sobs that created us cannot write our language with clarity and correct spelling. There is no hope.
    yes I've made some mistakes, but it's because my grammataisser is not functioning correctly, many apololologies
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 17:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No free will, yet we are to make the most of our lives? Just program it
    in and be done with it.
    Kelly
    One of our fold, agent Darwin, came to show you the way. he showed that evulutionism is abritary, therfore there is no free will, life is quite like the essense of greek tragedy, just as another of our fold agent Nietzsche pointed out.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 17:03
    yes I've made some mistakes, but it's because my grammataisser is not functioning correctly, many apololologies
    apalling gees axe epted!
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 17:07
    One of our fold, agent Darwin, came to show you the way. he showed that evulutionism is abritary, therfore there is no free will, life is quite like the essense of greek tragedy, just as another of our fold agent Nietzsche pointed out.
    How can one make the most or worse out of one's life if they do not
    have the free will to act? That does not compute! 😉
    Kelly
  8. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 17:09
    ...just as another of our fold agent Nietzsche pointed out.

Well then...amor fati!
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 17:12
    Kelly
    Ah, oh curious one, let me explain...

you are born into this world a tabla rasa, you are then programmed with cultural ideologies and psycholgical pain, through your upbringing and so on. So although it feels as if you have free will you're actually limited to your pre-programming be it cultural or psychological. To make the most of your life you need to aim for authenticity.For more info on this read 'being and time' by agent Heidegger who unfortuantly lost his way and latter joined the nazi party, we had to pull him out and re-educate him.
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 17:13
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    apalling gees axe epted!
    Ah, a fellow traveller.
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 17:13
    Kelly

you are born into this world a tabla rasa, you are then programmed with cultural ideologies and psycholgical pain, through your upbringing and so on. So although it feels as if you have free will you're actually limited to your pre-programming be it cultural or psychological. To make the most of your life you need to aim for authenticity.For more info on this read 'being and time' by agent Heidegger who unfortuantly lost his way and latter joined the nazi party, we had to pull him out and re-educate him.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 17:30

you are born into this world a tabla rasa, you are then programmed with cultural ideologies and psycholgical pain, through your upbringing and so on. So although it feels as if you have free will you're actually limited to your pre-programming be it cultural or psychological. To make the most of your life you ne ...[text shortened]... ntly lost his way and latter joined the nazi party, we had to pull him out and re-educate him.
    How can I aim for anything if I've no free will to act? Processing,
    processing, does not compute, does not compute.
    Kelly
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 17:311 edit

you are born into this world a tabla rasa, you are then programmed with cultural ideologies and psycholgical pain, through your upbringing and so on. So although it feels as if you have free wil ...[text shortened]... oined the nazi party, we had to pull him out and re-educate him.
    To make the most of your life you need to aim for authenticity.

Ah, an existentialist! But does this not mean that we still have some ability to choose within the constraints of our existential condition? And is not any other understanding of “free will,” as applied to human beings, simply silly?

Another existentialist, Jose Ortega y Gasset, said: “Man [sic] is the only animal that needs to create himself.” Nietzsche also, I think, regarded the philosopher as an artist who is his own work-in-progress (an unorthodox definition, no doubt). [Leslie Paul Thiele, Friedrich Nietzsche and the Politics of the Soul; of course, Nietzsche seemed quite willing to contradict himself.] In this sense, is not existential authenticity the willingness to take on this challenge, even in an otherwise meaningless world? (There are theistic existentialists, who don’t necessarily view the world as meaningless, per se.) And how can we do that without some free exercise of will?

Even amor fati is a choice...
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 21:24
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]To make the most of your life you need to aim for authenticity.

Ah, an existentialist! But does this not mean that we still have some ability to choose within the constraints of our existential condition? And is not any other understanding of “free will,” as applied to human beings, simply silly?

Another existentialist, Jose Ortega y Gasset, ...[text shortened]... how can we do that without some free exercise of will?

Even amor fati is a choice...
    [/b]
    Yes, we have free will to a degree, if we had total free will we would exist within a godlike status, so we have a partial free will to choose amongst variable paths.

Existentialism i thought that died a death with Satre and the authenticity suggestion comes from Heidegger who was pre-existentialism.

But another philosophy that outdates Satre and indeeed Socrates, is Buddhism, which suggests stripping yourself of your layers of psychological and culturally bound layers, as you would strip an onion to get to the core, the core being authenticity, your true self.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 21:381 edit
    Yes, we have free will to a degree, if we had total free will we would exist within a godlike status, so we have a partial free will to choose amongst variable paths.

Existentialism i thought that died a death with Satre and the auth ...[text shortened]... n to get to the core, the core being authenticity, your true self.
    OOOOHHHHHHhhhhhhh, hold on now....free will to a degree.
    Naw, that too does not compute, no free will, free will, no free will, free
    will, processing, processing....zzzzbbzzztzzzzz BANG, smoke and
    flames.

I think it isn't possible, no free will means no free will, while on the
    other hand having free will to act within a degree is just as the
    Christian faith has it.

You see this now?

Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree