Ecclesiastes12:1-14

Ecclesiastes12:1-14

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
16 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Interesting circular reasoning. Besides there is nothing "bizarre"about the scriptures you quote, neither do they support your JW orientated belief structure.

Believing it is acceptable to bully members who disagree with your teachings or want to leave your religious organisation, holding dangerous beliefs about blood, not permitting your children to ...[text shortened]... r have presents on their birthdays etc, these are the beliefs and practices which are "bizarre".
Yes, they may be bizarre to you.
Jw's have studied the Bible and have proven to themselves that these are our Creator's
viewpoints.
Since everytime I post, you appear with your uncalled for and repetitive critiscism, it reminds me of the bully who hides in the bush hoping to abuse a kid on the way home from school.
(Romans 8:31) What, then, are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who will be against us?
(Psalm 118:6) Jehovah is on my side; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Chew on that viewpoint and don't bother to post against me, please.

btw, I think Eccl. 12 is a beautiful symbolic description of our mortal path from one who knows us intimately.

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by roigam
(Psalm 118:6) Jehovah is on my side; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Is the Bible talking about you and the JWs here and not other Christians? When you see the words "my","I" and "me" in Psalm 118:6, is the Bible referring to you and not to believers who disagree with you?

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

Since everytime I post, you appear with your uncalled for and repetitive critiscism, it reminds me of the bully who hides in the bush hoping to abuse a kid on the way home from school.
Oh, he reminds you of the bully who hides in the bush hoping to abuse a kid on the way home from school, does he?

As a matter of interest, what does robbie carrobie's "repetitive criticism" of non JW Christians [and divegeester in particular] remind you of?

r

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
Oh, he reminds you of the bully who hides in the bush hoping to abuse a kid on the way home from school, does he?

As a matter of interest, what does robbie carrobie's "repetitive criticism" of non JW Christians [and divegeester in particular] remind you of?
I take those verses personally as no doubt do all other JW's.

Robbie's responses seem to be a way of shaking some sense into the "geister's" head.
Jehovah can make anything grow.
Look at the great beauty we see in flowers, even weeds can be pretty.

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

Aren't all Christians ~ and not just JWs ~ entitled to take the verses in Psalm 118:6 personally too?

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

Robbie's responses seem to be a way of shaking some sense into the "geister's" head.
So, robbie's recent behaviour does not remind you of "the bully who hides in the bush hoping to abuse a kid on the way home from school"? You believe "Jehovah" is working through robbie to make people "grow" on this web site and on this forum? You have read his posts in, say, 2016 so far, and you see "Jehovah" working though him?

r

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
Aren't all Christians ~ and not just JWs ~ entitled to take the verses in Psalm 118:6 personally too?
Sure, if they recognize the true God.
(Isaiah 43:10) “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none.

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

Sure, if they recognize the true God.
(Isaiah 43:10) “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none.
So all Christians can take that verse personally not just you and other JWs. I understand.

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

So if someone were to look at robbie carrobie's posts on this forum in 2016 so far, you would endorse what they found as evidence of "Jehovah" working though him to make people "grow"? I'd find your answer to this interesting because it will give me an insight into how you think your God figure actually works.

Moves
16 Apr 16
2 edits

Jw's have studied the Bible and have proven to themselves that these are our Creator's
viewpoints.
(Romans 8:31) What, then, are we to say ...[text shortened]... ccl. 12 is a beautiful symbolic description of our mortal path from one who knows us intimately.
This is a debating forum, where for example, you post something about which you hold strong views and subsequently someone else, me for example, posts opposing views.

There is no need for me in this example to be "called for" in order to post and therefore accusing my comments of being "uncalled for" is a bit silly. If you find me disagreeing with your religious assertions to be "bullying" then you have a few options, one of which is to alert my posts. Doing so will make you look a bit of a twit of course. I shall continue to challenge you and any other people who post stuff that I feel I should contend or agree with with. You telling me not to, is completely contrary to the purpose of this forum. I suggest you take a day off from posting and fortify yourself before returning .

Moves
16 Apr 16
1 edit

Look at the great beauty we see in flowers, even weeds can be pretty.
I have absolutely no regard for Robbie carrobie's spirituality, nor of his opinion of me. My views on this are recently well documented in another current thread.

r

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
So, robbie's recent behaviour does [b]not remind you of "the bully who hides in the bush hoping to abuse a kid on the way home from school"? You believe "Jehovah" is working through robbie to make people "grow" on this web site and on this forum? You have read his posts in, say, 2016 so far, and you see "Jehovah" working though him?[/b]
I think Jehovah works on His own as He and His Son can read hearts.
Evenso, I believe, God can turn anything said to good.
Out of all the things said, if one thing hits the heart, God can make it grow.
(Matthew 19:26) Looking at them intently, Jesus said to them: “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

rc

Moves
16 Apr 16
1 edit

viewpoints.
(Romans 8:31) What, then, are we to say ...[text shortened]... ccl. 12 is a beautiful symbolic description of our mortal path from one who knows us intimately.
Yes this is a rather accurate portrayal of their behaviour. FMF and divegeester are almost solely concerned with the personal criticism of other people. One only needs to look at their posts to realise this. Over the years I have attempted to ascertain why this is and it seems that FMF has appointed himself as a kind of self appointed judge who feels the necessity at almost every turn to attack, interrogate and personally criticise people and bring them to justice for their words. He has styled himself as 'the scourge' and a 'balloon popper' in reference to the idea that he likes to figuratively interrogate and scourge people on the internet and to 'burst their balloons'. My understanding is that he is merely a kind of internet troll whose joy on the internet comes from making others suffer in some way.

Divegeester I thought might respond to the words of the Christ and try to desist from incessantly personally criticising other people and instead apply the counsel to focus on ourselves first and foremost. Again it was to no avail. Instead he launched into almost obligatory self justification coupled with caustic criticism of the one delivering the message, in this instance me. Even after reminding him that even if he does not respect the messenger the counsel was still good he simply engaged in further personal criticism. I was forced to conclude that despite divegeesters claims to being a Christian he was anything but for what kind of a Christian is it that will not apply the teachings of Jesus Christ in their life. This is my understanding to date.

I would be wary of having anything to do with them for they are simply contentious for contentiousness sake and I cannot think of a single positive outcome I have ever had in corresponding with them over the years.

F

Moves
16 Apr 16
1 edit

I think Jehovah works on His own as He and His Son can read hearts.
Evenso, I believe, God can turn anything said to good.
Out of all the things said, if one thing hits the heart, God can make it grow.
(Matthew 19:26) Looking at them intently, Jesus said to them: “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
You have dodged the question which concerned your earlier apparent suggestion that "Jehovah" was working through robbie carrobie in this forum. If you want to make that assertion then just do. If you have been misunderstood then just say. But don't just dodge.

rc

Moves
16 Apr 16
5 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You have dodged the question which concerned your earlier apparent suggestion that "Jehovah" was working through robbie carrobie in this forum. If you want to make that assertion then just do. If you have been misunderstood then just say. But don't just dodge.
No one is under any duress to be interrogated by you for any reason nor to be subjected to your incessant personal criticisms or anything else, They come here to enjoy the site, not to be subjected to your interrogations and personal criticisms.