1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 21:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No one is under any duress to be interrogated by you for any reason nor to be subjected to your incessant personal criticisms or anything else, They come here to enjoy the site, not to be subjected to your interrogations and personal criticisms.
    He made a comment earlier that seemed to suggest he thinks "Jehovah" is working through you on this forum to help someone "grow" or maybe other people too. It's an interesting claim. I once asked him what "Jehovah" was doing to "save" my Muslim neighbours as I'd never seen any JWs knocking on doors in my street but he didn't seem to know how "Jehovah" was working in that case. However, in your case, he seems to to be saying he does know. It seemed worth following up.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 22:17
    Yes this is a rather accurate portrayal of their behaviour. FMF and divegeester are almost solely concerned with the personal criticism of other people. One only needs to look at their posts to realise this. Over the years I have attempted to ascertain why this is and it seems that FMF has appointed himself as a kind of self appointed judge who fe ...[text shortened]... ot think of a single positive outcome I have ever had in corresponding with them over the years.
    This post is entirely "personal criticism" 🙄
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 22:401 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This post is entirely "personal criticism" 🙄
    On the contrary it an accurate portrayal of what has transpired and my understanding of you and your friends behavior on this chess site backed up with both reference and reason. Now naturally you are seeking some long and protracted contentious argument but I am not interested, sorry, try someone else that finds that kind of thing interesting.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 22:41
    On the contrary it an accurate portrayal of what has transpired.
    So were mine.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 22:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So were mine.
    sorry I am not interested, try someone that finds these contentious for contentiousness sake arguments of yours interesting.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 05:14
    sorry I am not interested, try someone that finds these contentious for contentiousness sake arguments of yours interesting.
    Robbie, why can't women start divorce proceeding in JW?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 07:22
    If you are not interested why do you keep posting at me? 😕
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 08:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Robbie, why can't women start divorce proceeding in JW?
    huh? I have no idea what is the source of your information but can tell you that to put it mildly its complete nonsense. There is a single basis given for divorce in the Christian Greek scriptures, that being marital infidelity. Thus the innocent party whether a man or a woman is free to pursue a divorce if they are the victim of marital infidelity.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 11:54
    huh? I have no idea what is the source of your information but can tell you that to put it mildly its complete nonsense. There is a single basis given for divorce in the Christian Greek scriptures, that being marital infidelity. Thus the innocent party whether a man or a woman is free to pursue a divorce if they are the victim of marital infidelity.
    Are women allowed to handle microphones during Kingdom Hall meetings?

Hard to know when to separate fact from fiction.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 12:022 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Are women allowed to handle microphones during Kingdom Hall meetings?

Hard to know when to separate fact from fiction.
    Yes if there are no brothers available for the task, infact in the congregation at Girvan the sisters handle the literature and the microphones.

Yes I agree there has been so much nonsense written about Jehovahs Witnesses its difficult for the seeker of truth to wade through it.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 19:08
    Ok, I see this:

"Divorce & Jehovah's Witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses interpret Scripture to indicate that the only grounds for divorce and remarriage is adultery. If a Witness divorces for any reason other than adultery they cannot remarry without risk of being disfellowshipped.

Separation from a partner is allowed in the case of spiritual or physical endangerment, or willful non-support; but in such cases remarriage is not permitted. Remarriage would be considered adultery and a reason to be disfellowshipped."

This is from this site: JW facts:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/divorce.php

Your wife divorces you for say lack of love or some such, having nothing to do with adultery.

She divorces you but can never marry again? Why should that be a problem? Why would JW's want to control people's lives like that?

Seems to me another example of religion sticking it's nose into areas that should be out of their realm of control.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 19:20
    Seems to me another example of religion sticking it's nose into areas that should be out of their realm of control.
    What do you believe should be in a religions 'realm of control'?

It seems to me that religion can stick its nose into any realm it likes. Why should it be restricted? A religion is in part a set of radical beliefs about the nature of reality and as such should generally affect just about every aspect of life. That it often doesn't just goes to show that most adherents are not true believers.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 19:532 edits
    Ok, I see this:

"Divorce & Jehovah's Witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses interpret Scripture to indicate that the only grounds for divorce and remarriage is adultery. If a Witness divorces for any reason other than adultery they cannot remarry without risk of being disfellowshipped.

Separation from a partner is allowed in the case of spiritual or physica ...[text shortened]... example of religion sticking it's nose into areas that should be out of their realm of control.
    First of all there is one official website of Jehovahs witnesses and its jw.org, jwfacts is an apostate anti witness website, you can make of that what you wish.

Secondly the Bible is quite clear and its tedious to have to repeat it, there is a single ground for divorce, marital infidelity. Jesus himself states that if anyone divorces and remarries on any other ground they make themselves an adulterer, or have you never read,

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.” Matthew 19:9 - NIV

This makes rather a mockery of your first statement that women cannot initiate a divorce and the second objection that it is done to control people is nothing more than a piece of nonsense and I really wish you would refrain from using these scriptural principles as a vehicle for your anti religious propaganda.

I will repeat it so that you make no mistake about it, for any Christian living by Biblical principles there is a single scriptural reason for divorce, that being adultery. Jehovahs witnesses did not author this, did not originate it and did not interpret it, its self evident to any reasonable and rational person reading the Bible with an unprejudiced mind.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 00:411 edit
    I will repeat it so that you make no mistake about it, for any Christian living by Biblical principles there is a single scriptural reason for divorce, that being adultery.
    Why can't women get divorced for reasons of their being subjected to assault and violence, or because of marital rape or their being victims of chronic psychological bullying? Do you think 19 words written by Matthew 2,000 years ago covers this subject sufficiently well?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 10:31
    First of all there is one official website of Jehovahs witnesses and its jw.org, jwfacts is an apostate anti witness website, you can make of that what you wish.

Secondly the Bible is quite clear and its tedious to have to repeat it, there is a single ground for divorce, marital infidelity. Jesus himself states that if anyone divorces and remarri ...[text shortened]... self evident to any reasonable and rational person reading the Bible with an unprejudiced mind.
    But issues like wife beating or husband beating is not grounds for divorce? Or is it they can get divorced but don't EVER get married and expect to continue in JW?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree