1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 21:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My God can choose to forget and to not know things at His will.
    And you know this how?
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 22:23
    No, I think that would be you.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 00:58
    But, by the same logic your God can choose to remember things He's forgotten, which means He's not forgotten them and there is a contradiction.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 01:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And you know this how?
    It is written in the Holy Bible.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 01:07
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    But, by the same logic your God can choose to remember things He's forgotten, which means He's not forgotten them and there is a contradiction.
    You don't seem to understand that all things are possible with God. 😏
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 07:30
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    We can toss a log on a fire and watch until it's consumed by the fire. But logic doesn't presume we can then reverse the process and pull that same log out of the fire after it's been consumed. By the same token a memory can be forgotten. But we can't "by the same logic" recall a memory that is no longer there. If God has the capacity and willingness to forget our sins it means he won't be throwing it up in our faces later on... because the memory of it will literally be gone.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 07:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And you know this how?
    It's in that book you are too afraid to read and understand.

And by "fear" I mean the fear of your peers discovering you doing more than displaying ignorance and hurling insults... which pretty much sums up the definition of what trolls do.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '14 09:11
    Originally posted by lemon lime

And by "fear" I mean the fear of your peers discovering you doing more than displaying ignorance and hurling insults... which pretty much sums up the definition of what trolls do.
    Seriously? God confess to having voluntary amnesia? I must read that book now. It must be hilarious.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 04:51
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Seriously? God confess to having voluntary amnesia? I must read that book now. It must be hilarious.
    That's good, very good! First you overcome your fear of opening the book, and then you can overcome your fear of reading it. And before you know it, you may even get over the fear someone might see you reading it. Then, you can work to understand what you are reading. But don't try going through it too fast, take little baby steps until you've learned to master the art of thinking.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 06:46
    We can toss a log on a fire and watch until it's consumed by the fire. But logic doesn't presume we can then reverse the process and pull that same log out of the fire after it's been consumed. By the same token a memory can be forgotten. But we can't "by the same logic" recall a memory that is no longer there. If God has the capacity and willingness to f ...[text shortened]... on't be throwing it up in our faces later on... because the memory of it will literally be gone.
    If you believe that your god can "forget" then that iis contrary to what most
    Christians on here say about god living "outside of time".

Do you believe time is the same for god as us?
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 08:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If you believe that your god can "forget" then that iis contrary to what most
    Christians on here say about god living "outside of time".

Do you believe time is the same for god as us?
    Wow, did you get really loaded tonight or what? When you move your hand through the air does it look like it's strobing? I did drugs back in the early 70s, but I've been clean for the past 40 years. So what's it like now? Pretty much the same? Ya got the munchies?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 09:46
    Wow, did you get really loaded tonight or what? When you move your hand through the air does it look like it's strobing? I did drugs back in the early 70s, but I've been clean for the past 40 years. So what's it like now? Pretty much the same? Ya got the munchies?
    i seem to remember you being a decent debater. this idiocy you display as of late is most unsettling. are you an imposter?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 13:01

Yeah, I guess I am trolling when I point out the pseudoscience BS in those YEC politically motivated video's that RJ keeps posting. Yep, I'm the assshole for pointing out the twisted logic of those dudes.
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 18:22
    That's good, very good! First you overcome your fear of opening the book, and then you can overcome your fear of reading it. And before you know it, you may even get over the fear someone might see you reading it. Then, you can work to understand what you are reading. But don't try going through it too fast, take little baby steps until you've learned to master the art of thinking.
    🙄😵
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Nov '14 18:28
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i seem to remember you being a decent debater. this idiocy you display as of late is most unsettling. are you an imposter?
    ... this idiocy you display as of late is most unsettling. are you an imposter?

Are you asking if I'm pretending to be an idiot?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree