Education - Why Bother When Armageddon is so Near?

Education - Why Bother When Armageddon is so Near?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Ok, take a trip just outside of Baghdad today....

" Regarding Babylon, it was foretold: “She will never be inhabited, nor will she reside for generation after generation. And there the Arab will not pitch his tent, and no shepherds will let their flocks lie down there.” (Isaiah 13:20) This prophecy did more than predict a city’s fall. It showed that B ...[text shortened]... Isaiah has been fulfilled: “I will sweep her with the broom of annihilation.”—Isaiah 14:22, 23.
No problem. I can predict any city to fall. Sooner or later it certainly will. If I don't have tell the year or day, then i will be right. Consider me a holy prophet, or just understand it as a logical prediction.

Babylon will fall? Yeah, big deal. So will any city.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by FabianFnas
No problem. I can predict any city to fall. Sooner or later it certainly will. If I don't have tell the year or day, then i will be right. Consider me a holy prophet, or just understand it as a logical prediction.

Then prove it wrong by making it inhabited again like it used to be, or shut-up.

P.S. Caution! Saddam Hussein tried. You know what happened to him don't you?

rc

Moves
19 Dec 11
1 edit

perhaps you will name the leader that will invade it, what army, the manner in which it
will fall, the Bible does, so if you are a prophet, then prophesy.

F

Moves
19 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
perhaps you will name the leader that will invade it, what army, the manner in which it
will fall, the Bible does, so if you are a prophet, then prophesy.
When did I say I am a prophet? (More than very ironically)
When did I say that prophecies work? FYI: They don't.

The bible's does not. Not more than Nostradamus'. Nostradamus' prophecies are as good as the bible's. Or bads as. Meaning: neither works.

F

Moves
19 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Then prove it wrong by making it inhabited again like it used to be, or shut-up.

P.S. Caution! Saddam Hussein tried. You know what happened to him don't you?
"Why Are You Christians So angry?"

You just proved Thread 143778 wrong.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Dec 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Not a very impressive prophecy when it's fulfilment can quite easily be arranged by humans with a vested interest in *making it come true*. Indeed it's about as impressive as a magic trick whereby you draw a card from a marked pack, show it to the "magician", put it back and then he finds it.

Show us some prophecies which say: in the year [some specific yea ...[text shortened]... me specific natural disaster]. A [specified] number of homes will be destroyed, and so on...
Oh so all the peoples that have lived in that region have all agreed to not ever live in that area that was Babylon? And all these people believe in the Bible and all have said and decided to go along with this plan? Right!!!!!!
But as for as you wanting specific dates and times you know that really doesn't exist in the Bible with prophecy so why do you think anyone could produce such a thing now? Was a specific date told to Noah about the flood starting?
If God did this in dealing with humans then every want to be Christian would all float along and then when this mystery date and time and place you think exist, all would then jump on the band wagon and hitch a ride.
That's not the way it works. If you truly love God and want to live your life in accordance to his ways, you'll live that way all your life and not just when a date is coming up that you don't want to miss out on.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Dec 11

"Why Are You Christians So angry?"

You just proved Thread 143778 wrong.
I am not angry at all. You only think so because of your defective mind.
You just annoy me like a little knat buzzing around my ear with meaningless
noise.

F

Moves
19 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I am not angry at all. You only think so because of your defective mind.
You just annoy me like a little knat buzzing around my ear with meaningless
noise.
Good. Keep you alert.

Moves
19 Dec 11

So no coherent responses from the JW's regarding the OP content then?

Guess I'll pull the kids outta school - they will be thrilled!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
So no coherent responses from the JW's regarding the OP content then?

Guess I'll pull the kids outta school - they will be thrilled!
Just because you and a couple others here don't accept the answers do not mean you know more about the spirituality of this subject. You just disaggree and have your own opinion. Unless you come with some revelation from God or a good amount of spiritual knowledge we don't have then you not accomplishing much in trying to teach us God's ways.
Mans ways have never been much to go on as history proves.........

Moves
19 Dec 11

Just because you and a couple others here don't accept the answers do not mean you know more about the spirituality of this subject. You just disaggree and have your own opinion. Unless you come with some revelation from God or a good amount of spiritual knowledge we don't have then you not accomplishing much in trying to teach us God's ways.
Mans ways have never been much to go on as history proves.........
I don't need to come up with "some revelation"; you (JWs) need to come up with clarity and justification of these crazy prophesys and ordinances.

The truth sets you free.

rc

Moves
19 Dec 11
1 edit

I don't need to come up with "some revelation"; you (JWs) need to come up with clarity and justification of these crazy prophesys and ordinances.

The truth sets you free.
you dont incite to love or fine works either apparently, or gather with other Christians
for that express purpose, in fact, what do you do as a Christian, just out of interest?

Moves
19 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you dont incite to love or fine works either apparently, in fact, what do you do as a
Christian, just out of interest?
Tag-teaming again?

The onus here is on you (JWs) to justify your claims and ordinaces.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Dec 11

The truth sets you free.
The clearity and justifications have been shown. Not our fault you can't see them...

Moves
19 Dec 11
1 edit

The clearity and justifications have been shown. Not our fault you can't see them...
Please excuse my ignorance and blindness. {edit} But you have not clarified anything...