1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:383 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Tag-teaming again?

The onus here is on you (JWs) to justify your claims and ordinaces.
    no, its a simple question which you seem to be quite evasive about, if its nothing,
    just say so, i dont mind. What do you do as a Christian, jumble sales? Coffee mornings?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no, its a simple question which you seem to be quite evasive about, if its nothing,
    just say so, i dont mind. What do you do as a Christian, jumble sales? Coffee mornings?
    If you want to discuss this then please start a new thread and stop trying to evade the content of the OP.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:51
    Please excuse my ignorance and blindness. {edit} But you have not clarified anything...
    Hummmmm I think we did. Is it clear to you Robbie?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:58
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Hummmmm I think we did. Is it clear to you Robbie?
    You don't need him; really, you don't. And in more ways than one.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 23:22
    Without ridicule G-man

The Watch tower society of the early 1900's thought WWI was the end of this system
    then I'm sure 1929 was the beginning of the end too. Do you see what I'm trying to express? Jesus wanted Christians to work and live quiet lives without causing problems. To be productive members of civilization. While I believe that someday Jesus will return and restore this universe I think the idea is to help our fellow man.
    Education can be bad it can also be good.

Manny
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 23:592 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    Without ridicule G-man

The Watch tower society of the early 1900's thought WWI was the end of this system
    then I'm sure 1929 was the beginning of the end too. Do you see what I'm trying to express? Jesus wanted Christians to work and live quiet lives without causing problems. To be productive members of civilization. While I believe that someday Jesus ...[text shortened]... hink the idea is to help our fellow man.
    Education can be bad it can also be good.

Manny
    Manny. Your still missing the answers we've given. Yes those were misunderstandings of what the Bible was saying. We admit that and always have. Do you understand that?

But even then by just reading the Bible and all those verses that are speaking of the last days we knew and understood those are very important not just to the JW's but to us all. Do you understand that?

We knew those scriptures are there for a reason and yes, without knowing all the facts and with the "Light" not being completely bright yet with understanding they had some things wrong. But they were close and as time has gone by with the "Light" getting brighter we have a better understanding of it.
    It's not that those thoughts were said to hurt anyone or misguide anyone but with the little understanding they had, they thought they were right. And they were on a few things.
    Isn't science always learning more as more study in put into a subject such as volcanoes? Don't we know more about that then they did just 50 years ago? Or medicine or space?
    This is a natural process of finally learning the facts is it not? Has not science been wrong on many things?
    But the main point here is we have been and are trying to learn the Bible and what it says especially concerning our time period we're all in.
    The Bible is giving us clear warnings for all to see if they decide too. We take it very serious and how can that be wrong especially when we go door to door earthwide trying to share that info with all of you? Maybe you don't want to cause waves or trouble but I'd hope that if you knew of a coming disastor in your part of the world, you'd get out and warn others about it instead of hiding in your house.
    That is all we're doing, and we're sorry if that causes trouble for you.

Also do you not think there were some productive members of the society before the flood in Noah's day? Is that a cause for salvation? I wasn't to God was it?
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 00:08
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Watchtower 1st September 1975 p543

No Jehovah's Witness should want to go to college. Rather, work in the Watchtower Organization!
    Did the JW lead organization really say that? Wow.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 00:28
    Manny. Your still missing the answers we've given. Yes those were misunderstandings of what the Bible was saying. We admit that and always have. Do you understand that?

But even then by just reading the Bible and all those verses that are speaking of the last days we knew and understood those are very important not just to the JW's ...[text shortened]... the flood in Noah's day? Is that a cause for salvation? I wasn't to God was it?
    The point is that what happened in the 1900's and later like 1975 affected people's lives. People gave up houses and stopped paying bills ect........Just because Armageddon was right around the corner. God's people have no fear of Armageddon.

Manny
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:19
    If you want to discuss this then please start a new thread and stop trying to evade the content of the OP.
    i dont read the opening posters posts, he has never said anything either encouraging
    nor has incited me to love and fine works, sorry but I have better things to feed my
    mind with.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:20
    Also God does not fail in his prophecies they always come to pass. The watch tower has made claim at least in the past that they were the voice of God. This is the failure of the watch tower.

Manny
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:283 edits
    Also God does not fail in his prophecies they always come to pass. The watch tower has made claim at least in the past that they were the voice of God. This is the failure of the watch tower.

Manny
    still on about the watchtower society, lol, you people are obsessed

1.firstly we have never claimed to be perfect nor infallible, making you assertion
    rather silly
    2.the watchtower magazine has never claimed to be inspired, making your assertion
    rather silly
    3.we have not originated any prophecy, merely sought to explain prophecy already
    written, making your assertion, silly
    4. Jesus own disciples made many mistakes, as did Kind David, as did Solomon, yet
    God used them in a powerful way, even using them to write many portions of the
    Bible
    5 we have killed no one in two world wars while the church bells of Christendom,
    chimed millions to be slaughtered on the alter of war.
    6. we are engaged in a global education work, self financed in over 300 countries
    printing literature in over 400 languages, we are in the Guinness book of records for
    the distribution of literature
    7.Our house to house ministry has become an i identifying mark and has helped
    literally millions of persons overcome all manner of difficulty from prostitution to
    drug abuse.
    8. while the congregations of Christendom are diminishing we have had a 40%
    increase in our numbers since the 1980's

failed, go to your local church, as your minister what Gods Kingdom is, ask him for a
    free home Bible study, ask him to work voluntarily without a fee, then you'll know
    what FAILURE really is.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:28
    The point is that what happened in the 1900's and later like 1975 affected people's lives. People gave up houses and stopped paying bills ect........Just because Armageddon was right around the corner. God's people have no fear of Armageddon.

Manny
    The point here Manny and one that is many missed is we don't serve God only to a date. We should serve him forever. If we look to a date and then get upset that it didn't work like we wanted it to or that a few thought would be the magical date then what does that show about our faith?
    I was not around in the early 1900's but I was well aware of the time around 1975. I know the WTC never said that 1975 would be when armegeddon would happen. The only thing it said is that it was an important date for mankind because it marked the 6000 years man had been on the earth. That's all and that's all I ever heard or read from the Society.
    The armegeddon issue came up from individuals who thought that would be a great time for armegeddon to happen.
    I never believed it would and most JW's I knew didn't believe that. But I knew a few that insisted on it including a few elders and sold all they had and waited for it to happen. Well guess what when it didn't? Most of them got mad and left just as many did in the early 1900's.
    Again no one knows the hour or the day and if one would use that knowledge and not listen to ones who do those things, they would not get mad and leave but always, always wait on Jehovah.
    If one desides to leave the Watchtower Society because of misunderstandings and does not wait on God to tell us and have some faith that it will happen, then they probably didn't have their heart in it for the right reasons.
    Rjk keeps knocking the JW's for all the ones that are disfellowshipped each year. But why does that happen? If they don't follow the Bible's guidelines for keeping the congregation "Clean" then we're any different then all the churches that don't keep this command. If the person being disfellowshipped repents, they are showing the right heart condition in accepting the punishment and they will be welcomed back in with open arms. Why he can't understand that simple fact in the Bible is beyond me.
    So the point here is all in the heart. If it's not right we will react in a bad way just as many been have done with wrong dates that have been mentioned.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:30

Manny
    Did you not read my above post? I hoped I would have explained this to you. Please read it.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:38
    Did you not read my above post? I hoped I would have explained this to you. Please read it.
    strange that I as a Jehovahs witness have been to college, where i obtained, an HNC in
    art and design, and an HNC in computer science, strange that i have qualifications from
    school, both ordinary grade and higher. Strange that i learned to read and write
    another language provided by the watchtower society, strange that i learned building
    skills (how to do dry wall lining, plastering, rendering) provided by the watchtower
    society, indeed, for an organisation providing free literature to millions of people,
    strange that we should be uninterested in education, mere unexplained phenomena,
    who can say?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you dont incite to love or fine works either apparently, or gather with other Christians
    for that express purpose, in fact, what do you do as a Christian, just out of interest?
    But didn't Christ himself hang out with drunks and losers?? (just sayin' ...continue..)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree