Ego

Donationbuckky
Spirituality 14 Sep '11 11:26
  1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 11:26
    It seems that the ego tells us that we are on the right path even if that path is leading us in the wrong direction. The ego wants us to believe the illusion, because without the illusion the ego dies. The ego tells us that the religion of our family must be right because how could we have been born into anything other than the correct religion ? The ego tells us what we want to hear. Trying to tame the ego is like a dog chasing it's tail. It's very difficult to get beyond the trap of the ego, but what choice do we have ? Live in a pretend world or try to get a look at reality ? Once you realize you know nothing about anything then you might have a chance at knowing somehting worth knowing. You might know a lot of things about this or tha,t but you know nothing about yourself, and you think you do, and that is what keeps you in the dark on all things.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 11:43
    Originally posted by buckky
    It seems that the ego tells us that we are on the right path even if that path is leading us in the wrong direction. The ego wants us to believe the illusion, because without the illusion the ego dies. The ego tells us that the religion of our family must be right because how could we have been born into anything other than the correct religion ? The ego tell ...[text shortened]... ng about yourself, and you think you do, and that is what keeps you in the dark on all things.
    Yes, the ego will kick and scream and not want any resposibility like a child.
    The fact is that most of us are born into lies. Lies about our ture identities. Throughout the generations the true meaning of our identities has been lost.
    Not all evolution is linear and many histories coexist on Planet Earth.
    The past has been a very complex affair and it seems we need to put the pieces back together to find our origonal natures.

My parents didn't lie to me conciously, but they did tell me a lot of stuff (normal stuff that most kids hear) that was simply not true. You pass 20 and realize for yourself that your parents were just crappping on about (religous)stuff when ,asked about it furtthur, it was revealed that they really didn't know and hence whatever religon they were taught was not effective.It may have been partially true ,at best, with prolly the best parts omitted (imo).
    The lie of the bearded man in the sky has been told so many times that the origonal meaning was nearly totally lost.

Somehow my parents version,(and a lot of you other christians out there too versions), of christianity was not satyisfying (for my "soul"😉.

It was not until I came upon the stories concerning the ego that I became interested in religon,Zen especially.
    The mystery of "who am i?" left me stumped and, through my suspension of anylitical thought, a whole new vista opened up to me and I saw the world in a whole new light. Same world, but just something more ...quite beyonds words for a forum of this nature, possibly be able to explain it one to one
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 18:12
    My ego tells me to agree, so I am suspicious. I will attempt to punish the liver in order to lull ego into a false sense of security...
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 18:38
    Originally posted by buckky
    It seems that the ego tells us that we are on the right path even if that path is leading us in the wrong direction. The ego wants us to believe the illusion, because without the illusion the ego dies. The ego tells us that the religion of our family must be right because how could we have been born into anything other than the correct religion ? The ego tell ...[text shortened]... ng about yourself, and you think you do, and that is what keeps you in the dark on all things.
    You have spoken the truth.

Well done and you should continue to stay on that track.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 18:39

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree