1. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:05
    I want to self-deceptively indulge my egotistical tendencies.

To this end, would you recommend that I believe in God, or not believe in God?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:09
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole

Both groups seem to be equally adept at accomplishing your goal.
  3. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:18
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Both groups seem to be equally adept at accomplishing your goal.
    So, on balance, would you say that accusation that believers are prone to believe in God to indulge their egotism, and atheists are prone not to believe in him to indulge theirs, are equally true, to the extent that they are true at all?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:32
    So, on balance, would you say that accusation that believers are prone to believe in God to indulge their egotism, and atheists are prone not to believe in him to indulge theirs, are equally true, to the extent that they are true at all?
    Not at all.

Human beings are extremely self-centered and the vast never seem to grow out of it.

Maybe you should be looking at how to overcome one's delusion that one is not indulging in egotistical tendencies.
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:57
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Not at all.

Human beings are extremely self-centered and the vast never seem to grow out of it.

Maybe you should be looking at how to overcome one's delusion that one is not indulging in egotistical tendencies.
    Maybe you should be looking at how to overcome one's delusion that one is not indulging in egotistical tendencies.[/b]

Why should he ? You never admitted to having any pride when debating with me. This was the delusion I was trying to get you to see. But you won the pride game hansomly . You proved to me that you had no pride whereas everything I said was full of pride. This was the point where I thought you deluded because you thought you could be free of pride. No need for repeated confession or repentance remember?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 22:03

Instead of asking us, why not start on your journey and simply consult yourself?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 22:46
    Originally posted by knightmeister

Why should he ? You never admitted to having any pride when debating with me. This was the delusion I was trying to get you to see. But you won the pride game hansomly . You proved to me that you had no pride whereas everything I sa ...[text shortened]... you thought you could be free of pride. No need for repeated confession or repentance remember?[/b]
    You continue to be bound and determined to "win". Are you going to chase me from thread to thread? Like I said before, I'm not looking for a debate. I'm looking to discuss and understand.

Your willingness to distort the facts in an effort to make a point seems to have no bounds.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 22:51

You should believe that you are God.
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 22:58
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    if you want to get really prideful, believe in god then believe you are better than god
  10. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 23:44
    Okay.

Go ahead and worship me!
  11. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 23:44
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Instead of asking us, why not start on your journey and simply consult yourself?
    If I'm being self-deceptive, how can I consult myself?
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 00:37
    If I'm being self-deceptive, how can I consult myself?
    Ask yourself (very nicely) to stop lying to yourself. If that doesn't work, demand the truth from yourself or threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue. You'll come around eventually.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 07:531 edit
    Nice.

What if you deceive yourself into believing you are Muffy? Might that not be even more indulgent?
  14. The sky
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 14:46
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Nice.

What if you deceive yourself into believing you are Muffy? Might that not be even more indulgent?
    True. But I think that much self-deception would be hard to achieve for Pawnokeyhole. Everybody knows I am Muffy.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 20:36
    True. But I think that much self-deception would be hard to achieve for Pawnokeyhole. Everybody knows I am Muffy.
    It's true. She smited me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree