1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 14:47
    The Bible is what it is. The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner. Somehow many are able to do just that and delude themselves into believing that the entirety of the Bible is the "inerrant word of God".
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 15:37
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    The Bible is what it is. The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner. Somehow many are able to do just th ...[text shortened]... d delude themselves into believing that the entirety of the Bible is the "inerrant word of God".
    Thank goodness that the teachings of Jesus (while he walked the earth) were miraculously (by and large) protected and immune from such a proliferation of inconsistencies, discrepancies, and outright contradictions that plague the rest of scripture.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 16:011 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Thank goodness that the teachings of Jesus (while he walked the earth) were miraculously (by and large) protected and immune from such a proliferation of inconsistencies, discrepancies, and outright contradictions that plague the rest of scripture.
    lol. Remarkable how much GoaD is unable to comprehend and how willing he is to display it on thread after thread.

GoaD is such a simp.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 19:441 edit
    lol. Remarkable how much GoaD is unable to comprehend and how willing he is to display it on thread after thread.

GoaD is such a simp.
    For everyone to comprehend your position, you first need to explain it.

'I sense much fear in you.'
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 19:51

GoaD is such a simp.
    As much as I think you have considerable value to add to this forum, I also believe you to be one of the biggest wimps here. Your “pay no attention to man behind the curtain” approach to posting is a throwback to the early 2000s. Here in this forum I believe that the only currency worth having is honesty and transparency.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 19:531 edit
    For everyone to comprehend your position, you first need to explain it.
    As if my position on the gospel preached by Jesus were the only thing you've failed to comprehend. For anyone interested, the "Gay Marriage" thread is as good a place to start as any. Of course a casual stroll through your posting history will get them there as well.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 20:06
    As if my position on the gospel preached by Jesus were the only thing you've failed to comprehend. For anyone interested, the "Gay Marriage" thread is as good a place to start as any. Of course a casual stroll through your posting history will get them there as well.
    Unfortunately, your own posting history is a little more tenebrous, constructed as it is out of smoke and mirrors.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 20:17
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    As much as I think you have considerable value to add to this forum, I also believe you to be one of the biggest wimps here. Your “pay no attention to man behind the curtain” approach to posting is a throwback to the early 2000s. Here in this forum I believe that the only currency worth having is honesty and transparency.
    Perhaps if you and GoaD were put your efforts into something beyond trolling, you'd be able to add considerable value as well.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 20:51
    Perhaps if you and GoaD were put your efforts into something beyond trolling, you'd be able to add considerable value as well.
    Jesus said he was sent by God, was he correct and do you believe him?

Checkmate I believe.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 21:00

Checkmate I believe.
    I guess I knew that wasn't likely to happen. Perhaps someday.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 07:02

Checkmate I believe.
    Not quite checkmate, but it does put the fellow in zugzwang. (Answering that pellucid question is not to his advantage, and he knows it).
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 10:502 edits
    Not quite checkmate, but it does put the fellow in zugzwang. (Answering that pellucid question is not to his advantage, and he knows it).
    lol. Yet another thing that GoaD has failed to comprehend. For anyone interested, the "Gay Marriage" thread is as good a place to start as any. Of course a casual stroll through his posting history will get them there as well.

Remarkable how much GoaD is unable to comprehend and how willing he is to display it on thread after thread.

GoaD is such a simp.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 14:11
    The Bible is what it is. The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner. Somehow many are able to do just th ...[text shortened]... d delude themselves into believing that the entirety of the Bible is the "inerrant word of God".
    God - "Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

ThinkOfOne - "You lie. I shall not surely die. For you doth know that in the day I eat thereof, then my eyes shall be opened, and I shall be as the gods, knowing good and evil."

And the God said unto ThinkOfOne, "Because you have lied about what I have spoken, you are cursed with it, not being able to know the truth, but to project the confusion of your own mind, which contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions, which you will refuse to admit. Now upon thy belly shalt thou go, and the dust of this forum shalt thou eat all the days of thy life."
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 14:42
    lol. Yet another thing that GoaD has failed to comprehend. For anyone interested, the "Gay Marriage" thread is as good a place to start as any. Of course a casual stroll through his posting history will get them there as well.

Remarkable how much GoaD is unable to comprehend and how willing he is to display it on thread after thread.

GoaD is such a simp.
    Yes, you said that already.

While you're here, 'Jesus said he was sent by God, was he correct and do you believe him?'
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 15:33
    Yes, you said that already.

While you're here, 'Jesus said he was sent by God, was he correct and do you believe him?'
    But Ghost, how can ThinkOfOne believe anything the Bible says when he thinks the "Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions?"

Any claim that ThinkOfOne makes concerning what to believe that's said in the Bible would be hypocritical.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree