1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 May '11 02:48
    http://www.history.com/news/2011/05/17/apocalypses-that-weren%E2%80%99t/?cmpid=Social_Facebook_Hith_05172011_3

Could not resist to post on this one. What cha all think ? I know the bible says no man knows the day or hour. I love the history channel 🙂

Manny
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 May '11 02:51
    Originally posted by menace71
    http://www.history.com/news/2011/05/17/apocalypses-that-weren%E2%80%99t/?cmpid=Social_Facebook_Hith_05172011_3

Could not resist to post on this one. What cha all think ? I know the bible says no man knows the day or hour. I love the history channel 🙂

Manny
    Welcome back Manny. I'll check it out.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 May '11 03:46
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Welcome back Manny. I'll check it out.
    Thanks I just needed a break. I think I need to just chill on this at times.

A lot of hysteria on this subject would you agree?

Manny
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 May '11 05:17
    Thanks I just needed a break. I think I need to just chill on this at times.

A lot of hysteria on this subject would you agree?

Manny
    I know what you mean. It gets really tuff here at times.
    And yes there is. It seems to be really taking off this last decade or so even in Hollywood. Lol. But it's a true thing that it seems to be more and more on everyones minds as the world seems to be going cray both from man made issues and then the weather and the earthqukes and tsunami's, etc.
    It can be scary or it can be exciting as we all know about Bible prophesy's for our future.
    We have to be paying attention....
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '11 05:262 edits
    We have to be paying attention....
    We are...

"1914
    Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the movement that would give rise to the Jehovah’s Witnesses, told his followers that Jesus Christ had returned to earth—albeit imperceptibly—in 1874, and that the world would end in 1914. When that did not happen, other prominent Jehovah’s Witnesses issued ever-later predictions for the year of Armageddon, including 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994."

Edit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apocalypse-Delayed-Story-Jehovahs-Witnesses/dp/0802079733
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '11 06:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    We are...

"1914
    Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the movement that would give rise to the Jehovah’s Witnesses, told his followers that Jesus Christ had returned to earth—albeit imperceptibly—in 1874, and that the world would end in 1914. When that did not happen, other prominent Jehovah’s Witnesses issued ever-later predictions for the year of A ...[text shortened]... "

Edit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apocalypse-Delayed-Story-Jehovahs-Witnesses/dp/0802079733
    Are you picking on the Jehovah's Witnesses? I did not know
    there was that many books on them. Don't forget they are
    good people. I am sure Amazon.com appreciates your
    advertisement.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 May '11 07:02
    We are...

"1914
    Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the movement that would give rise to the Jehovah’s Witnesses, told his followers that Jesus Christ had returned to earth—albeit imperceptibly—in 1874, and that the world would end in 1914. When that did not happen, other prominent Jehovah’s Witnesses issued ever-later predictions for the year of A ...[text shortened]... "

Well I can say from the 1975 on, because I'm not old enough to speak on the others in person, I never saw in writing from the Society that those last two dates were going to be when armegeddon happens. The 1975 was discussed earlier and I have no idea where the date 1994 ever came from. That's the first I've ever heard of that. It must not have been published or written from the Society as I've never heard of it.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '11 07:241 edit
    Well I can say from the 1975 on, because I'm not old enough to speak on the others in person, I never saw in writing from the Society that those last two dates were going to be when armegeddon happens. The 1975 was discussed earlier and I have no idea where the date 1994 ever came from. That's the first I've ever heard of that. It must not have been published or written from the Society as I've never heard of it.
    1994? Lol, perhaps someone has been watching back to the future and got carried away. Who knows, their ignorance knows no bounds.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '11 07:312 edits
    We are...

"1914

i think that you or rather you're source are confusing three different events, the return
    of Christ, the end of the gentile times and Armageddon. Perhaps you or your source
    know the difference so as to employ your powers of discernment? Jehovahs witnesses
    teach that the earth will stand forever, perhaps you or your source are able to tell the
    difference between this and the end of the world as you have iterated.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '11 19:051 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Are you picking on the Jehovah's Witnesses? I did not know
    there was that many books on them. Don't forget they are
    good people. I am sure Amazon.com appreciates your
    advertisement.
    Are you picking on the Jehovah's Witnesses?

No, following the OP.

I did not know there was that many books on them.

Why not?

Don't forget they are good people.

So are atheists, so are you and me, so are Catholics.

I am sure Amazon.com appreciates your advertisement

Yep, they are gonna bust their SvT this year...
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '11 19:54
    [b]Are you picking on the Jehovah's Witnesses?

No, following the OP.

I did not know there was that many books on them.

Why not?

Don't forget they are good people.

So are atheists, so are you and me, so are Catholics.

I am sure Amazon.com appreciates your advertisement

Yep, they are gonna bust their SvT this year...[/b]
    Your last comment was very funny. I don't keep up
    with literature on the Jehovah's Witnesses. It's not that
    important to me and I don't plan on wasting my money
    on those type of books. So if everyone of us are good
    people, then you should have no worries about us.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 May '11 00:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Your last comment was very funny. I don't keep up
    with literature on the Jehovah's Witnesses. It's not that
    important to me and I don't plan on wasting my money
    on those type of books. So if everyone of us are good
    people, then you should have no worries about us.
    PS..All our liturature is free.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 May '11 03:181 edit
    I do agree with this that mankind in general is obsessed with end times and Armagadon (Spelling). 2012 & 2011 and it does seem to come around every 10 years or so. 1997-98 hailbop comet and the heavens gate cult. 2000 and all of the Y2k junk

Manny
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 May '11 03:20
    I do agree with this that mankind in general is obsessed with end times and Armagadon (Spelling). 2012 & 2011 and it does seem to come around every 10 years or so. 1997-98 hailbop comet and the heavens gate cult. 2000 and all of the Y2k junk

Manny
    History Channel does go off on this stuff and sometimes it's borders on ludicrous but still fun to watch.

Manny
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 May '11 04:18
    History Channel does go off on this stuff and sometimes it's borders on ludicrous but still fun to watch.

Manny
    Did you see the movie 2012 with John Cusack? It was all real..right? Lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree