1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 13:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is a different kind of Libertarian than we have here.
    Well I have heard plenty enough U.S. libertarians (and libertarians elsewhere too) asserting the rights of employers to set the work conditions for their employees and the rights of employees to work for whichever employer they want (and whose work conditions they sign up for).
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 13:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I did not state i was impressed by it FMF.
    I am not taken in by what you refer to as his "sincerity" at all. I would certainly not cite his "sincerity" in his defence as you are.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 13:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I have heard plenty enough U.S. libertarians (and libertarians elsewhere too) asserting the rights of employers to set the work conditions for their employees and the rights of employees to work for whichever employer they want (and whose work conditions they sign up for).
    I am a Republican, so I could be wrong about what Libertians are supposed to
    believe. Religious and political views can be very tricky to understand.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 13:49
    Religious and political views can be very tricky to understand.
    I have no doubt whatsoever that you misrepresented what the link in your OP said and what it was about and that you did so deliberately and not because it was "very tricky to understand".
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 13:55
    I am a Republican, so I could be wrong about what Libertians are supposed to
    believe.
    So you think in the U.S., libertarians are similar to Democrats?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 13:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not taken in by what you refer to as his "sincerity" at all. I would certainly not cite his "sincerity" in his defence as you are.
    I am merely wiling to ascribe to him sincerity of motive.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 14:00
    I don't understand why. He's been on this forum for ages. His motives are, for all intents and purposes, explicit and demonstrated day after day after day. But, if you feel the need to defend him, it is your prerogative.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 14:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you think in the U.S., libertarians are similar to Democrats?
    No I thought they were closer to Republicans here since Ron Paul is reported
    to have many Libertarian views.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul?PHPSESSID=da8f2e91d958939b5cbafb8ecd3c58d7

http://deni-edwards.hubpages.com/hub/Defining-a-Libertarian-Ron-Pauls-Political-Platform
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 14:161 edit
    No I thought they were closer to Republicans here since Ron Paul is reported
    to have many Libertarian views.
    By promoting employers' rights over the rights of employees [see the article you cited in the OP], the British Government is pushing a far right or raw right wing libertarian policy. For you to link it to U.S. Democratic Party sounds pretty unconvincing.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 14:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    By promoting employers' rights over the rights of employees [see the article you cited in the OP], the British Government is more a far right or raw right wing libertarian policy. For you to link it to U.S. Democratic Party sounds pretty unconvincing.
    I guess you don't have anything else to do, but I got to leave now.

P.S. Before I go get groceries. I will just say I see no harm that Christian
    women wearing a cross or crucifix for it is not like Muslim women wearing
    those masks that conceals their identity.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 14:31
    Were you still "ascrib[ing] to him sincerity of motive" when, after 20 or so posts pointing out his "error", he was still sticking to his "sincere" interpretation of the U.K. Govt's policy?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 14:35
    Before I go get groceries. I will just say I see no harm that Christian
    If I were an employer based in Britain, involved in the kind of business I currently do here where I am, I would not forbid either of these things you mention with my dress code.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 14:371 edit
    Yes, a referee but not a bully.
    All the government is saying is that it cannot legislate in order to force employers to allow the wearing of the cross. The government has not raised this issue, I could be wrong but I remember two women who worked for B.Airways who were told not they could not wear the cross whilst in the corporate uniform. It was a cause celebre at the time It must have gone to a tribunal. I am sure the original objection of the employer was that the cross was jewelry.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 15:21
    I guess you don't have anything else to do, but I got to leave now.

P.S. Before I go get groceries. I will just say I see no harm that Christian
    Well there you go, your bias openly displayed. BTW, the US government used to have a policy of not interfering with business, you can see where that got us. 60-80 hour work weeks, unsafe working conditions, no health benefits for employees, if they died as a result of a work related accident, too bad. Get the wife and kids off the company housing, we need it for the next boob who takes on his old job. Yessir, we really need to go back to those days.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 11:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well there you go, your bias openly displayed. BTW, the US government used to have a policy of not interfering with business, you can see where that got us. 60-80 hour work weeks, unsafe working conditions, no health benefits for employees, if they died as a result of a work related accident, too bad. Get the wife and kids off the company housing, we need it for the next boob who takes on his old job. Yessir, we really need to go back to those days.
    He he he You guys are funny. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree