1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '09 00:12
    Originally posted by buckky
    The mantra's they give you have a strong effect for the better. A feeling of well being and calm comes about over a period of time. I have found out since that the mantra's were ment for those living a life of recluse in an ashram or community, and not ment for the general public. My mother started meditating after I did, and she quit because it freightened h ...[text shortened]... e takes place. It opened my mind to many new way's of thinking, and perceiveing the world.
    it seems Buckky, that in practice, you are focusing the mind on a particular object, in this case, the mantra! and by continually repeating it, refocusing it again and again. why this should work, i do not know, its interesting, never the less.
  2. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    03 May '09 00:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it seems Buckky, that in practice, you are focusing the mind on a particular object, in this case, the mantra! and by continually repeating it, refocusing it again and again. why this should work, i do not know, its interesting, never the less.
    You know when I first got envolved with TM it felt like the mantra's were true magic sounds. It was amazing to me that thinking a certain sound could produce any effect at all. It's still amazing that it works at , but something takes place that's for sure.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 May '09 03:38
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Funny you should mention this.

LSD is not for everyone. You cannot hide from your own creations and the negatives of yourself while on LSD.

While I only took it a handful of times and would never recommend that others take it, LSD was very helpful to me mentally. It allowed me an objective perspective that I never would have otherwise had.

But LSD is bad, MmmKay.....
    "Objective" perspective? Through LSD? You must be high or something.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 May '09 15:21
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Funny you should mention this.

LSD is not for everyone. You cannot hide from your own creations and the negatives of yourself while on LSD.

While I only took it a handful of times and would never recommend that others take it, LSD was very helpful to me mentally. It allowed me an objective perspective that I never would have otherwise had.

But LSD is bad, MmmKay.....
    Interesting point of view.

I've heard LSD has been negative to some people, but then again it never caused me any harm.
  5. Joined
    28 Mar '09
    Moves
    12 May '09 17:04
    Originally posted by buckky
    I heard an East Indian guru type of guy once say that taking LSD is like putting yourself into a cannon, and blasting your way through the celling to get a look ay the sky. You might get a glimpse but the damage done might not be woth it.
    Learn a good spiritual practice first, then add medication if so desired. It can make the ascent up to the sky a lot smoother. Try broadening your horizons a little and get into a sweat lodge or something. Psychedelics are better described of there properties by the professionals that have been experiencing their effects for thousands of years, Mexican Shamans.
  6. Joined
    28 Mar '09
    Moves
    12 May '09 17:20
    Originally posted by rwingett
    "Objective" perspective? Through LSD? You must be high or something.
    Can anyone truly be objective about anything? Wouldn't gaining true objectivity be Enlightenment. I don't think one can gain objectivity through meditation or LSD. It simply does not exist for us in the flesh. We can't even know if our consciousness extends after death. Those that are telling you otherwise are shams trying to get your money and your flesh. Or they simply are lying to themselves so that they can serve another. I absolutely label myself as a christian. I am just more worried about the Now life then the afterlife. "god" forgives me, I forgive you.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:06
    get enlightened or die trying...what else is there? truly?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:10
    we should always be meditating or 'keeping one eye on the prize' so to speak. To think of meditating and not meditating will cause opposition in the mind
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    we should always be meditating or 'keeping one eye on the prize' so to speak. To think of meditating and not meditating will cause opposition in the mind
    just take LSD, its quicker and more efficient.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:15
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    just take LSD, its quicker and more efficient.
    bit hard to come by these days, anyway i seem to trip out quite a bit without it
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:17
    bit hard to come by these days, anyway i seem to trip out quite a bit without it
    i seem to trip out quite a bit without it

really? I never heard that one before.

meditation?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:26
    [b] i seem to trip out quite a bit without it

really? I never heard that one before.

meditation?[/b]
    you've never heard of people tripping without acid? what about sleep dep? maybe because i've taken acid before i can trip easier- i don't know the exact mechanics of it but i can vouch for my own experiences and i tell you i have tripped as hard on nothing as i have on acid
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:31
    you've never heard of people tripping without acid? what about sleep dep? maybe because i've taken acid before i can trip easier- i don't know the exact mechanics of it but i can vouch for my own experiences and i tell you i have tripped as hard on nothing as i have on acid
    Oh I see, you're talking about flashbacks.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:36
    Oh I see, you're talking about flashbacks.
    No , not flashbacks at all. I've just sat there and the walls have all fallen away (for example). Quite rooted in the present i'm sure
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 May '09 18:37
    No , not flashbacks at all. I've just sat there and the walls have all fallen away (for example). Quite rooted in the present i'm sure
    if you're not talking about flashbacks, then no, I've never experienced that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree