1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Mar '11 22:04
    I just read one discription of what Enlightenment is like.
    The Ultimate Truth reveals that the only thing going on in the universe is spontaneous manifestation. Perfect, automatic, machine-like emergence.
    The substance of emergence is consciousness. The very fabric of space time is consciousness. Consciousness is all there is or could be.
    On a gut level this feels right.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Mar '11 02:38
    Originally posted by buckky
    The Ultimate Truth reveals that the only thing going on in the universe is spontaneous manifestation. Perfect, automatic, machine-like emergence.
    The substance of emergence is consciousness. The very fabric of space time is consciousness. Consciousness is all there is or could be.
    On a gut level, it feels right to me as well. While I could add much more to your brief descrption, I feel that this subject needs to be kept as simple as possible, for all universal truths are incredibly simple (to describe in words), but very hard in practice.
    In the absence of a "happy accident" that may give you an insight into enlightenment,( a satori occurance), or satori itself, one must rely on their own wits to guide them through the maze of Maya to lead them back to their origonal nature,( that origonal nature being enlightened and one with "god",(or the "Ground of Being"😉), which is the inevitable end for all "souls".

(Sorry, I had to rush that a bit-gotta run. Please feel free to ask any furthur questions or clarifications)
  3. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    19 Mar '11 02:471 edit
    So as not to dilute it with words, here's my perspective-

😀
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 01:12
    Christ is enlightenment.

All others are counterfeits.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 04:26
    You are on the right track here, because the gross matter is coming from the subtle spiritual creative energies of first cause.... God.

Gods consciousness is all pervading, and it is with this Super Consciousness that God can "will things into being".

Spiritual energy is superior to material energy because the spiritual energy manipulates the material energy.

Material energy has no volition to act independently.......and this is where science has it back the front by saying that material energy acts independently under its own volition.

Conscious awareness is the symptom of the spiritual energy.....there can be no consciousness if there is no spiritual soul.......it cannot exist without the soul.

Consciousness can exist without the body.......and in fact it does, because after death the first thing you realize with you conscious awareness is, that your not dead.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 04:451 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Consciousness can exist without the body.......and in fact it does, because after death the first thing you realize with you conscious awareness is, that your not dead.
    There is absolutely no evidence to support this assertion.

Postulating that there is life after death is not "Enlightenment". It is pure speculation. Basing a "religion" on a wild hopeful guess about what happens after death is like building a sandcastle where the sea meets the beach. Spirituality need not be akin to building sandcastles - or even simply imagining sandcastles.

It ought surely to be about contemplating what is possible and what is real, exploring our consciousness and that of others, what our spirits are capable of, and perfecting our human experience and spiritual selves. My spiritual mind map is positive, optimistic, life affirming, and wastes none of its time conjuring up hypothetical 'meaning' by saying there must be more to life than this and claiming to know what 'God's instructions' are.

To my way of thinking, the road to "Enlightenment" is the one that circumnavigates the manipulative, cultural clutter created by religionists claiming to be absolutely sure about the fruits of their imagination and their essentially dysfunctional 'feelings' that life is somehow 'not enough' and that somehow life would be meaningless if it were to end.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 08:17
    Another response, upon which time and thought was expended, simply ignored. One wonders why Dasa never seems to want to engage in any discussions.
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 08:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is absolutely no evidence to support this assertion.

Postulating that there is life after death is not "Enlightenment". It is pure speculation. Basing a "religion" on a wild hopeful guess about what happens after death is like building a sandcastle where the sea meets the beach. Spirituality need not be akin to building sandcastles - or even simply [i] ...[text shortened]... omehow 'not enough' and that somehow life would be meaningless if it were to end.
    Absolutely! rec'd.
  9. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 14:42
    Originally posted by josephw
    Christ is enlightenment.

All others are counterfeits.
    Do you also believe that only white people are human ?
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 18:09
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You are on the right track here, because the gross matter is coming from the subtle spiritual creative energies of first cause.... God.

Gods consciousness is all pervading, and it is with this Super Consciousness that God can "will things into being".

Spiritual energy is superior to material energy because the spiritual energy manipulates the material ene ...[text shortened]... e after death the first thing you realize with you conscious awareness is, that your not dead.
    Quote: "Consciousness can exist without the body.......and in fact it does, because after death the first thing you realize with you conscious awareness is, that your not dead."

I would like to take that as a thought-provoking idea, and not debate its factuality one way or the other.

I had a brief moment in a dream last night, wherein I suddenly realized I did not have a name. It was not that I had forgotten my name, it is that I did not have one. That is, the "I" that was realizing it, was not the "I" that has my name.

And I had not been smoking anything.

Upon reading your post, I put it together with this moment from my dream. I think the "I" that I would realize is not dead, is nameless -- devoid of all of the aspects I now think make up my identity, which my named self cannot help but think are essential to, and would be the only direct evidence of, the continuity of my self.

(Words are never adequate, at least, mine do not seem to be.)

So instead of considering/debating whether to form a belief about the continuity of the nameless self, as if it were a fact, I think it makes more sense to to consider what it would mean to form a commitment to it, as if it were a principle. Finding how that commitment affects the way I live, is the rest of the story.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 21:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Another response, upon which time and thought was expended, simply ignored. One wonders why Dasa never seems to want to engage in any discussions.
    Because he is insecure.

Or, you're not one of the two possible candidates for acceptance in his religion.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 21:36
    Do you also believe that only white people are human ?
    What kind of fool reply is that?

That has got to be the biggest dumb ass thing anyone has ever said to me in this forum!
  13. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 22:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    What kind of fool reply is that?

That has got to be the biggest dumb ass thing anyone has ever said to me in this forum!
    Don't you see the connection between being prejudice towards a race, and the idea that your religion is the best or only religion ? The KKK thinks of themself as a Christian organization. The whole mindset of my way is the only way is very much like the racist that feels surperior to all other races but his own. Telling others that they will burn in Hell if they don't come around to your way of thinking is beyond just wrong. Christians seem to have a nose in the air attitude when it comes to other religious thought.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '11 23:39
    Don't you see the connection between being prejudice towards a race, and the idea that your religion is the best or only religion ? The KKK thinks of themself as a Christian organization. The whole mindset of my way is the only way is very much like the racist that feels surperior to all other races but his own. Telling others that they will burn in Hell if t ...[text shortened]... Christians seem to have a nose in the air attitude when it comes to other religious thought.
    "Don't you see the connection between being prejudice towards a race, and the idea that your religion is the best or only religion ?"

No I don't.

Jesus is the only way. He said so Himself. I'll take Him at His word.

I recommend that you and everyone else do the same.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Mar '11 07:12
    Originally posted by JS357
    Quote: "Consciousness can exist without the body.......and in fact it does, because after death the first thing you realize with you conscious awareness is, that your not dead."

I would like to take that as a thought-provoking idea, and not debate its factuality one way or the other.

I had a brief moment in a dream last night, wherein I suddenly realized ...[text shortened]... principle. Finding how that commitment affects the way I live, is the rest of the story.
    Sounds like an awesome "dream" if you realized that directly the way you described.
    Have you had any other dreams like that? or was it a 'one off'?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree