1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 May '13 14:46
    Originally posted by sonship
    From the point of view of history, the adoption of the doctrine after 1200 years is very important.

You're placing overdue importance to it, even if it is true.

From the standpoint of history - what Jesus spoke there in the New Testament predates whatever handy-dandy council you'd like to use as a lynchpin.

I am not despising all ec ...[text shortened]... astical councils and other red herrings.
    so you think the bible in its current understanding is final. we have gleemed every bit of information from it and got it 100% accurate. any changes from now on are mistakes. is this right?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '13 15:061 edit
    so you think the bible in its current understanding is final. we have gleemed every bit of information from it and got it 100% accurate. any changes from now on are mistakes. is this right?

No. I do not believe that there is nothing else the living Spirit of God may reveal to us in the pages of the Bible.

If there is some hope for those the Bible says have not had their names recorded in the book of life ? Paul says "Love hopes all things" .

It has not been revealed to me. No doubt there are things which we do not know. Possibly there are things which we do not notice and that the Holy Spirit will bring TO our notice.

I have heard the best arguments from Universalists.
    I have heard the best arguments from Annihilationists.

It was said to me "God desires all men to be saved ..." Do you think that man's decision can prevail against God's desire ?

Good question. My advice would be to seek the wisest decision before God based upon what is clearly revealed to us now.

I told some of you - I somewhat WANTED to be convinced of Universalism. I open mindedly listened to their arguments and those of Annihilationists. In good conscience I could not go along with their belief.

In this matter I would not wait to see if perhaps we are missing something that the Holy Spirit will make clearer to us in another age. I think that He has revealed to us what He wants us to know at this time.

Trust in Christ accordingly. You can still do that and be opened to fresh light upon the word of God when God deems the need arises for some new age.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 May '13 15:17

No. I do not believe that there is nothing else the living Spirit of God may reveal to us in the pages of the Bible.

If there is some hope fo ...[text shortened]... pened to fresh light upon the word of God when God deems the need arises for some new age.
    " No. I do not believe that there is nothing else the living Spirit of God may reveal to us in the pages of the Bible."

are there any lines of text that currently are not understood?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '13 15:26
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b] " No. I do not believe that there is nothing else the living Spirit of God may reveal to us in the pages of the Bible."

are there any lines of text that currently are not understood?[/b]
    Yes probably.

We are very bothered though, by the lines which we DO understand.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '13 15:29
    Satan and his evil angels and his demons will be tormented forever and ever.

The humans not wanting to co-partake of this miserable and unavoidable destiny must get off of the Satanic train and line up under the Son of God. PERIOD.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 May '13 15:48
    Yes probably.

We are very bothered though, by the lines which we DO understand.
    can you think of any?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '13 16:41
    can you think of any?
    I can think of passages I understand which bother me.
    I can think of passages I do not understand.

Being bothered by Bible passages is not so bad a thing.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 May '13 17:01
    I can think of passages I understand which bother me.
    I can think of passages I do not understand.

Being bothered by Bible passages is not so bad a thing.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
    the ones that you dont understand, are they universally not understood or is just to yourself?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '13 17:111 edit
    the ones that you dont understand, are they universally not understood or is just to yourself?
    I would not say all passages not understood by me are not understood necessarily by everyone else.

Experience with God increases understanding. It is not simply a matter of having a nimble intellect.

You have to understand that deepening experience and deepening obedience leads often to deeper understanding of the word of God.

Often we have a blind spot merely because we have not followed God in this or that thing He has requested we follow Him on. Our reluctance to walk in the light may hinder Him from granting further light.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree