Eternal damnation?

Eternal damnation?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
15 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
There are only 3 names for God in my King James Bible.
YAHWEH, Lord and I AM.

Jehovah does not appear, anywhere. You made it up.
bwahahahahahah, Lord is not a name, it is a title, 'I am', is not a name, I is a personal pronoun and am is a version of the verb be and is usually found with a predicate noun, for example, ' I am a slap-head', which you have no doubt, often repeated.

The Authorized King James Version (1611) renders Jehovah in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 26:4, and three times in compound place names at Genesis 22:14, Exodus 17:15 and Judges 6:24

May i suggest you look them up and stop wasting my time with ludicrous assertions. Try Biblegateway.com or boohoo.com if you are having a bad hair day.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
15 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
bwahahahahahah, Lord is not a name, it is a title, 'I am', is not a name, I is a personal pronoun and am is a version of the verb be and is usually found with a predicate noun, for example, ' I am a slap-head', which you have no doubt, often repeated.

The Authorized King James Version (1611) renders Jehovah in Exodus 6:3, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2, ...[text shortened]... ludicrous assertions. Try Biblegateway.com or boohoo.com if you are having a bad hair day.
The name Jehovah does not appear in the passages you have quoted.
The word Lord appears. Not Jehovah.

In Isaiah 12:2 it says YAH not Jehovah.

rc

Moves
15 May 13

The name Jehovah does not appear in the passages you have quoted.
The word Lord appears. Not Jehovah.
really Johnny, well maybe you have a duff translation.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
15 May 13

really Johnny, well maybe you have a duff translation.
In Isaiah 12:2 the word there is YAH
not jehovah.

rc

Moves
15 May 13

Exodus 6:3

King James Version (KJV)

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%206:3&version=KJV

I am not going through the rest, i know what it says.

rc

Moves
15 May 13

In Isaiah 12:2 the word there is YAH
not jehovah.
Sigh, why do i bother?

Isaiah 12:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2012:2&version=KJV

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
15 May 13

King James Version (KJV)

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

I am not going through the rest, i know what it says.
In my King James version it says Lord at Exodus 6:3 not Jehovah.
Why do you insist on changing the sacred text?

rc

Moves
15 May 13
1 edit

In my King James version it says Lord at Exodus 6:3 not Jehovah.
Why do you insist on changing the sacred text?
did i change the text at Biblegateway.com? why do you insist on making false accusations? You have not made a single accurate assertion this whole thread? Johhny, truth is truth you cannot hide from it, it has a potency all of its own.

King James Version (KJV)

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
15 May 13

Why must you change things just to suit you and your perfidious
organization???

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
15 May 13
1 edit

did i change the text at Bible gateway.com? why do you insist on making false accusations? You have not made a single accurate assertion this whole thread? Johhny, truth is truth you cannot hide from it, it has a potency all of its own.
There is nothing wrong with my King James Bible.
Look at any King James Bible and you will see what I have told you is true.
You have changed things to suit yourself and your perfidious organization.

The name Jehovah is not mentioned.

rc

Moves
15 May 13

Why must you change things just to suit you and your perfidious
organization???
anyone is free to check it for themselves. read it for themselves and compare the truth with your insidious and evil machinations.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
15 May 13

Oh for crying out loud! You lot are enough to make a man take up Satanism as a hobby. I think I preferred the squabbles about body bits to be honest. God's name is whatever he wants to call himself. I bet he likes Bob now. There's a thought, I shall found a church of Bob with my own version of the bible where any reference to the sky fairy is rendered Bob and the eternal torment bit becomes tickled for eternity. I'll get back to you with any other change the church of Bob might make, I'm off out to purchase a suitable frock for archbishoping about in.

rc

Moves
15 May 13
1 edit

There is nothing wrong with my King James Bible.
Look at any King James Bible and you will see what I have told you is true.
You have changed things to suit yourself and your perfidious organization.
well thats your affair not mine.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
15 May 13

Originally posted by Kepler
Oh for crying out loud! You lot are enough to make a man take up Satanism as a hobby. I think I preferred the squabbles about body bits to be honest. God's name is whatever he wants to call himself. I bet he likes Bob now. There's a thought, I shall found a church of Bob with my own version of the bible where any reference to the sky fairy is rendered Bob and ...[text shortened]... urch of Bob might make, I'm off out to purchase a suitable frock for archbishoping about in.
In the passages he mentions, the name Jehovah does not appear.
My King James Bible does not have the name Jehovah in any of
the verses he mentioned.

rc

Moves
15 May 13
4 edits

Originally posted by Kepler
Oh for crying out loud! You lot are enough to make a man take up Satanism as a hobby. I think I preferred the squabbles about body bits to be honest. God's name is whatever he wants to call himself. I bet he likes Bob now. There's a thought, I shall found a church of Bob with my own version of the bible where any reference to the sky fairy is rendered Bob and urch of Bob might make, I'm off out to purchase a suitable frock for archbishoping about in.
I agree once again your thread is being reduced to a farcical state by these ill mannered and ill willed reprobates. I did mention some reasons why the doctrine of eternal torment might have been formed on the basis of scripture but it has largely been ignored.