"Eternity"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Jun 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Sonship knew the answer, but RJHinds didn't. To me it seems that Sonship is the real Genius, and RJH is not.

Okay, Napoleon is dead. The answer is yes. How hard was that?
I told you on page 3...

His body is dead, if that is what you mean.

So why must you have a yes or no answer from me, when you will take something else from sonship? You just want to harrass me, that's all.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Jun 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Yes. Discussion with an open mind rather than an open book.
"Yes. Discussion with an open mind rather than an open book." Not quite enough, wolfgang. There's also the little matter
of a desire to learn the truth, which is often problematic for those who are ill disposed to unlearn falsehoods and lies.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jun 14

"Eternity"

The New Heaven and Earth: Revelation Chapter 21: 1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will [a]dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them[b ], 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “[c]It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. 7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. 8 But for the cowardly and [d]unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and [e]brimstone, which is the second death.” 9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls [f]full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”

The New Jerusalem: 10 And he carried me away [g]in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her [h]brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper. 12 [i]It had a great and high wall, [j]with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 The one who spoke with me had a [k]gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall. 16 The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the [l]rod, [m]fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal. 17 And he measured its wall, [n]seventy-two yards, according to human [o]measurements, which are also angelic measurements. 18 The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like [p]clear glass. 19 The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; 20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

22 I saw no [q]temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its [r]temple. 23 And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth [s]will bring their glory into it. 25 In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed; 26 and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it; 27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those [t]whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life." New American Standard Bible

"Footnotes: a.Revelation 21:3 Or tabernacle. b.Revelation 21:3 One early ms reads, and be their God. c.Revelation 21:6 Lit They are. d.Revelation 21:8 Or untrustworthy. e.Revelation 21:8 I.e. burning sulphur. f.Revelation 21:9 Lit who were full. g.Revelation 21:10 Or in spirit. .Revelation 21:11 Lit luminary. i.Revelation 21:12 Lit having. j.Revelation 21:12 Lit having. k.Revelation 21:15 Lit measure, a gold reed. i.Revelation 21:16 Lit reed. m.Revelation 21:16 Lit twelve thousand stadia; a stadion was approx 600 ft. n.Revelation 21:17 Lit one hundred forty-four cubits. o.Revelation 21:17 Lit measure. p.Revelation 21:18 Lit pure. q.Revelation 21:22 Or sanctuary. r.Revelation 21:22 Or sanctuary. s.Revelation 21:24 Lit bring. t.Revelation 21:27 Lit who have been." http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+21-22&version=NASB

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jun 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Eternity"

The New Heaven and Earth: Revelation Chapter 21: 1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice ...[text shortened]... 21:27 Lit who have been." http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+21-22&version=NASB
"Eternity"

The River and the Tree of Life Revelation "Chapter 22: 1 Then he showed me a river of the water of life, [u]clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of [v]the Lamb, 2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve [w]kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; 4 they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. 5 And there will no longer be any night; and they [x]will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

6 And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

7 “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who [y]heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.”

8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9 But he *said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who [z]heed the words of this book. Worship God.”

The Final Message 10 And he *said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.”

12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man [aa]according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things [ab]for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and [ac]from the holy city, which are written in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with [ad]all. Amen."

"Footnotes: u.Revelation 22:1 Lit bright. v.Revelation 22:1 Or the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was. w.Revelation 22:2 Or crops of fruit. x.Revelation 22:5 Lit do not have. y.Revelation 22:7 Lit keeps. z.Revelation 22:9 Lit keep. aa.Revelation 22:12 Lit as his work is. ab.Revelation 22:16 Or concerning. ac.Revelation 22:19 Lit out of. ad.Revelation 22:21 One early ms reads the saints.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+21-22&version=NASB

Note: The Eternal State follows the Millennium. Satan and the fallen angels and human unbelievers will ultimately suffer the eternal consequences of revolt [Satan and one third of the angels against sovereign, omnipotent God in eternity past] and rejection [of Christ by unbelievers in time], while this same God will bless believers in Christ forever in the eternal state.

F

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Red Hot Pawn Spirituality Forum Thread Topic: "Eternity." Not "stuff that religionists like yourself come up with."; "Grampy Bobby"; or "a non-sequitur fuelled by your personal religious beliefs." Please stay on topic. Thank you.
So, when I discuss your personal religious beliefs about eternity on the early pages of this thread, you ask me to "stay on topic". But throughout this thread, and the last few pages especially, most of what you have been doing, for all intents and purposes, is discussing [or rather regurgitating] your personal religious beliefs about eternity. People will be forgiven for thinking that actual "discussion" is what you are averse to. 😕

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by CalJust
People have used the doctrine of eternity in one of two ways:

1. For the promise of good times after the bad time had here on earth. This was typically expressed in Negro Spirituals, which focused on the Chariot taking them Home, and the River that they will cross. (Aside: not sure if the N word is still allowed in this case. I apologize if it offends any ...[text shortened]... and sisters right here, we will have carried out Christ's command to "Go and do thou likewise!"
1. For the promise of good times after the bad time had here on earth. This was typically expressed in Negro Spirituals, which focused on the Chariot taking them Home, and the River that they will cross. (Aside: not sure if the N word is still allowed in this case. I apologize if it offends anybody)

Negro is not what I consider the so-called "N-word".

It is true that the black slaves had a general understanding that they would live forever in heaven, certainly in a better state then the suffering they endured.

Crossing Jordon or being taken home were expressions for that pleasant and endless life with Jesus that would not be stopped by death.

2. For the threat of punishment to coerce other people into their way of thinking about God. This is the most common way in which the Afterlife is evoked here on RHP, by persons obsessed with the drive to change others to their point of view!

I do not see my presentation of eternal judgment as coercing people into the Christian faith.

To illustrate: It is not coercing people into safety by warning them of certain consequences.

1.) If you drive 100 miles an hour in the High School parking lot, you will lose your driver's license and go to jail.

Improper response: "You are just coercing me through fear into your way of driving."

2.) You are on the Titanic. Somehow you are warned that the ship is sinking into the cold depths of the ocean out in the middle of nowhere. You better prepare and get near a life boat with a life jacket.

Is the proper reponse "Oh, you are just trying to coerce me through fear into your opinion. You are just munipulating me with threats. Stop threatening me to adapt your viewpoint."

3.) If you jump out of the window of this 10 story building the law of gravity will pull you down to the pavement below. You will be smashed to death.

Wrong response: "You are trying to scare me into believing as you believe. This is coercion as a tactic to get me to adapt your opinion."

4.) We know that we are all guilty before God. We are in danger of eternal separation from God. God has made provision for our reconciliation, our salvation, our being justified and our being made righteous both in position and in disposition through His Son Jesus Christ.

A wrong response: "You are threatening me to become a Christian. This is coercion with "eternal damnation" as your scare tactic to force me to believe as you do."

Yes, Jesus DID tell that parable about the rich man and poor Lazarus. But the vast majority of his parables and stories,

In no parable did Jesus ever mention someone by a name.
I have never believed that this was a parable with a specific named person. Rather it was something that happened that Jesus knew about.

I must suspend discussion here for a time.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
15 Jun 14
1 edit

2.) You are on the Titanic. Somehow you are warned that the ship is sinking into the cold depths of the ocean out in the middle of nowhere. You better prepare and get near a life boat with a life jacket.

Is the proper reponse "Oh, you are just trying to coerce me through fear into your opinion. You are just munipulating me with threats. Stop threatening me to adapt your viewpoint."
.[/b]
Hi sonship,

Let's just take this one example of yours. We could treat all the others in the same way.

My point would be that your logic would hold for mere humans. But what if the owner/ builder of the Titanic was omniscient, and knew, when and before he built the ship and allowed it to sail that only a handfull of people would be saved, but that the majority (even if there had been enough life boats) would have chosen NOT to enter a lifeboat and be drowned? Would not a human court of law have convicted such a person of culpable homicide?

Question: "Mr Smith, did you or did you not know that the ship would go down with all these souls lost?"

Answer: "Yes, my lord."

Q: "Why on earth did you then not abandon the voyage?"

A: "Well my lord, we had enough lifeboats, and it really is not MY fault that the people did not use them. We TRIED, Sir, really, we TRIED to encourage them all to get in, but you know what they say about horses being led to the water.."

OK, so I have answered your question. Can you please answer this one, which everyone in the Eternal Hellfire group has so far avoided.

In your opinion, DOES GOD GET WHAT HE WANTS IN THE END?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jun 14

Hi sonship,

Let's just take this one example of yours. We could treat all the others in the same way.

My point would be that your logic would hold [b]for mere humans
. But what if the owner/ builder of the Titanic was omniscient, and knew, when and before he built the ship and allowed it to sail that only a handfull of people would be saved, ...[text shortened]... al Hellfire group has so far avoided.

In your opinion, DOES GOD GET WHAT HE WANTS IN THE END?[/b]
I'll answer your question though I'm confident it will not suffice.

God isn't lacking anything. God doesn't need something now or at 'the end' to make Him complete or to satisfy some desire.

It is you that needs something from God. God has what you lack and he's offering it to you as a free gift. Eternal life. Free to you, but not without a price. The price was paid for you. Just believe!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by josephw
.. Just believe!
'Just believe' is the problem. You always stop at 'believe'. On the other hand thats where the teachings of Christ and the Apostles begin, since there is a whole lot more that comes after belief. John said it this way :

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us. (1 John 3:23-24 KJV)

Believe and keep the commandments of Christ. That is how Christ dwells in you. Those who do not keep his commandments, Christ does not dwell in them.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
Any evidence you have that each human identity lives or exists for "eternity" is welcome. We can discuss it.
Well, there is God's Word!

Just take God at His Word. Otherwise you have nothing else to go by as evidence for anything regarding eternal life. Nothing at all.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
'Just believe' is the problem. You always stop at 'believe'. On the other hand thats where the teachings of Christ and the Apostles begin, since there is a whole lot more that comes after belief. John said it this way :

[i]And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandm ...[text shortened]... how Christ dwells in you. Those who do not keep his commandments, Christ does not dwell in them.
Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

How do you square the idea that being justified,(which one must be to be saved)by the works of the law, as you seem to think you can be, with the above verse which clearly says you can't?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 14
2 edits

Galatians 2:16
[b]Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

How do you square the idea that being justified,(which one ...[text shortened]... of the law, as you seem to think you can be, with the above verse which clearly says you can't?[/b]
I have answered your questions like this countless times but you refuse to read and understand the Bible. Instead you just pick an choose which doctrine you like and stop there.

BOTH Faith in Christ and Good Works are ESSENTIAL for eternal life.
Faith alone is not sufficient.
Works alone is not sufficient
But Christ will be the judge.

Here is what Paul meant in the Galations passage you quoted :

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law [ie the Law of Moses], but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ [ ie believe by following Christ's commandments, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

You are the one that ignores parts of the Bible. You are faith alone. I believe in BOTH faith and good works.

James_2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
15 Jun 14

I'll answer your question though I'm confident it will not suffice.

God isn't lacking anything. God doesn't need something now or at 'the end' to make Him complete or to satisfy some desire.

It is you that needs something from God. God has what you lack and he's offering it to you as a free gift. Eternal life. Free to you, but not without a price. The price was paid for you. Just believe!
I see that it is difficult for you to wrap your mind around this idea, but it would not hurt to try.

It is NOT correct to say that "God doesn't need or want anything". There are numerous scriptures which point out that God does want something.

A quick one that comes to mind is Jesus crying over Jerusalem: How often did I want to gather you as a hen gathers her chickens, and you would not?

Or the entire book of Hosea...

I could go on. But consider this: God did NOT need to create the universe, he was perfectly happy from all eternity before. (In probably the situation that you describe: want-less and need-less).

YET there came a day when he said: LET US CREATE... (Elohim, i.e. plural)

So there was an idea, a concept, a program that he embarked upon, and that program must have had a purpose.

I have heard sermons on this saying that God had so much fun in the God-head (the US) that he wanted to share that with other free agents.

But whatever started him off in creating man, the universe and everything, was caused by a PURPOSE.

My question is still: Does he finally get what he intended all along?

Surely the question is not too difficult to understand?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jun 14
7 edits

Caljust,

I only suggest that I can explain why what may be a theological problem for you may not be for me. That is all I can do.

Since the illustrations were just allegories, it is really not too difficult to adjust them somewhat to demonstrate some skeptical point. I could do with with a little effort as well as anyone else.

They were all imperfect little allegories.

My point would be that your logic would hold for mere humans.

Since God is unique, that is pretty much all I have to work with in the area of allegories.

As Ravi Zacharias would humorously put it, that the skeptic's hard question is - "Explain God. Give three examples."

But what if the owner/ builder of the Titanic was omniscient, and knew, when and before he built the ship and allowed it to sail that only a handfull of people would be saved,

I can see your point. But the Titanic, which is doomed to sink, would more appropriately stand for the God forsaking world system which emerged from the fall of Adam. Rather than the world as God orignially created it with man in harmony with his Creator under His administration, the doomed world, the proud and independent world better illustrates the function of the doomed giant ship.

You know it was alledged that they boasted that Titanic was unsinkable and that even God could not sink the ship.

So her demise was a singularly humbling lesson to the proud 20th century technological culture. And the soul searching question was appropriate then as it is today - "Have we really graduated from the need for God?"

The tragedy of the Titanic cause the proud independent rebellious man to consider his Godless monstrosity, his idol.

but that the majority (even if there had been enough life boats) would have chosen NOT to enter a lifeboat and be drowned? Would not a human court of law have convicted such a person of culpable homicide?

If there were not enough life boats designed for the liner, I can see that point in the analogy.

Just how God's foreknowledge works, I cannot explain to myself or anyone else. Sometimes I think that every moment history is simultaneously happening "now" to God in some profound way. That is that maybe time is curved around God such that every happening in the past, present and future is in one simultaneous plane.

I really do not know how God's foreknowledge works.

If I consider the fallen, Satanified, Satan corrupted world system as the Titanic and the Son of God as the lifeboat/s, I would have some thoughts:

"Whosoever believes into Him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16) is a more widely open door of rescue that proposed by any other philosophy I can recall.

When it comes to knowing the most important truths of existence, every skeptic and atheist I ever heard from always proposes a smaller elite of people smart enough to have mastered some minute aspect of human knowledge like Quantum Physics, Advanced Probability Statistics or Darwinian Biology, or Bible Higher Textural Criticism.

It seems that aside from the Universalist, every other skeptical detractor of the New Testament Gospel invariably arrives at a far more elitist qualification to be saved. A far more restrictive criteria is called for by them to equip people to be able to understand the most important truths of life.

The glimpse we are given of eternity is of a numberless amount of people coming from all four directions on the globe -

"After these things I saw, and behold, there was a great multitude which no one could number, out of every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes and palm branches in their hands." (Rev. 7:9)

The "sign" signifies the ultimate salvation of all peoples from every age and every culture, "a great multitude which no one could number" .

In the sign of the New Jerusalem the gates are opened to the four directions of the earth - " ... On the east three gates, and on the north three gates, and on the south three gates, and on the west three gates." (Rev. 21:13)

I think God wants to impress us as to how extensive the salvation is from the side of His provision.

If I understand you analogy, you are saying the Creator is guilty for a bad design of the world. My thoughts on "God needs to be condemned" line of thought are:

If our sense of righteousness exceeds that of our Creator's, how could God bestow upon us that when He did not have it in Him TO bestow ? How could the Source be of lower quality than the Effect ?

If God is to be judged as wrong then we have to appeal to a higher authority, ie a Super God perhaps.

Who is that?
Is it you Caljust?
Is there a Higher Divine Authority by which God could be arrested and tried for wrong doing?

If so, what happens when we disagree with THAT higher Authority ? Will we have to go seek an ever HIGHER Judge than that one TOO ?

The moral buck has to stop somewhere.
I look at my life and I don't think it stops with me.
I don't think it stops with anyone else I know who has lived on earth.

By and large the best Person to consider where the moral buck and righteous judgment stops is with Jesus Christ.

Now He says He is God-man. And He WAS condemned for sins that we might be justified.

Any philosophy that God should be held responsible and we should be cleared of wrong, I see enacted on the cross of Jesus on Calvary. The only difference between us is that I believe the One who was God and was Righteous.

You're proposing that God needs to be judged and is unrighteous. IE. The designer of the Titanic was an evil and incompetent inventor.

Whereas you seem to believe that God should step forward and be judged for unrighteousness, I believe differently. I believe God stepped forward by way of incarnation and voluntarily underwent judgment but was Righteous.

Question: "Mr Smith, did you or did you not know that the ship would go down with all these souls lost?"

Answer: "Yes, my lord."

Q: "Why on earth did you then not abandon the voyage?"

A: "Well my lord, we had enough lifeboats, and it really is not MY fault that the people did not use them. We TRIED, Sir, really, we TRIED to encourage them all to get in, but you know what they say about horses being led to the water.."

This was the technological wonder that people said was unsinkable. In human pride it was announced that even God could not sink the Titanic. The foolhearty designers did not put enough life boats on it because they expected the invincibility of man's knowledge and technology.

One iceberg of the natural world was enough to humble us at the cost of many innocent lives. The captain had been speeding through the ice field. This too was foolish pride to make some record travel time.

You wish to blame God for the blind pride of man. The dance band is said to have been playing "Nearer My God To Thee" in the final moments of her sinking.

This was perhaps a Tower of Babel on the ocean.
And I think you should spend at least an equal amount of time contemplating the lessons of it from the perspective of human arrogance and its costs, including its costs to innocent ones trusting in man over much instead of God.

OK, so I have answered your question. Can you please answer this one, which everyone in the Eternal Hellfire group has so far avoided.

In your opinion, DOES GOD GET WHAT HE WANTS IN THE END?

From one side yes. God obtains New Jerusalem a corporate expression of God in man. She is His living house as a habitation. And she is counterpart, a match, a corporate Bride and Wife for Christ the Son of God.

Surely, God fulfills all His desire.

At the same time I am aware that the Bible says that " ... our Savior God, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth." ( 1 Tim. 2:3,4)

Unless there is something He presently has not revealed to the prophets and apostles, I cannot say that the final scenes of Revelation 21, 22 show ALL men to be saved and ALL men coming to the full knowledge of the truth.

I could write more. This is long enough.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 14

People have used the doctrine of eternity in one of two ways:

1. For the promise of good times after the bad time had here on earth. This was typically expressed in Negro Spirituals, which focused on the Chariot taking them Home, and the River that they will cross. (Aside: not sure if the N word is still allowed in this case. I apologize if it offends any ...[text shortened]... and sisters right here, we will have carried out Christ's command to "Go and do thou likewise!"
In the USA the "n word" is nigger.