1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 17:582 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Jesus unambiguously preached mercy and forgiveness.

Ah, so then [b]you
    started this thread to show how full of mercy and forgiveness you are towards all those TERRIBLE Evangelical Christians ??[/b]
    Why do you take issue with the topic of this thread? How is starting a thread on this topic inconsistent with what Jesus taught about "mercy and forgiveness"? Do you find it more or less inconsistent than supporting "the death penalty, draconian sentencing, punitive punishment over rehabilitation, and the governmental use of torture"?

Do you find views of Evangelical Christians as pointed out by Zuckerma as being consistent with the teachings of Jesus?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 18:001 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Now where did I place that whip.......
    As usual whodey has nothing meaningful to say and says it anyway.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 18:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes i agree VS, its rather easy to state that this must be the case, how else are we to
    explain and account for this mind set, its quite another to try to understand why this
    mindset has arisen, for arisen it has.
    my analysis of it shows that the cause was allowing the church to attain political power. it appears historically that the church was hijacked by political entities and those who upheld their original christian principles were massacred.

there has been many attempts to reform the church, but eventually they (or most of them) end up falling in the same political trap. some few have remained detached form politics and those are the closest to the ideal christianity that you can find.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:18
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    He paints a nasty picture, I guess he watches a lot of CNN and MSNBC.
    Kelly
    Or, you know, read this forum...
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 23:31
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you can't say he is wrong though. all them republicans who are pro life and wanting to teach intelligent design in schools (for the glory of the lord) are also anti-poor and cringe whenever uncle sam asks them to donate a dollar of their paycheck to social services.

i think jesus wouldn't give a single withered, stale damn if children learn that god did ...[text shortened]... he pope clothed less in gold while children starve and didn't cost mexico millions of dollars
    Yes I can "all of them" isn't a fair statement.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 23:33
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Since he's a sociology professer, seems likely that he's drawing on sources other than "CNN and MSNBC".

If you think the "picture" inaccurate, then explain where you think it is. Unless you do so, yours is nothing more than a vacuous childish post. Like I said, "...what he has to say is generally consistent with the views of Evangelical Christians I have spoken with."
    Forgive me if his position doesn't give me warm and fuzzies when it comes
    to his opinion.
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 23:331 edit
    As usual whodey has nothing meaningful to say and says it anyway.
    Just look at it this way TOO, I'm an evangelical, and in similar Christ like manner my lips remain silent as you hurl accusation after accusation against me. 😛

To the cross with me!!
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 23:34
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Or, you know, read this forum...
    ROLF
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 00:10
    ROLF
    Kelly
    See, I can be funny.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 00:12
    Forgive me if his position doesn't give me warm and fuzzies when it comes
    to his opinion.
    Kelly
    Once again:
    "If you think the 'picture' inaccurate, then explain where you think it is. Unless you do so, yours is nothing more than a vacuous childish post."
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 00:15
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    See, I can be funny.
    Yes you can. 🙂
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 00:171 edit
    Once again:
    "If you think the 'picture' inaccurate, then explain where you think it is. Unless you do so, yours is nothing more than a vacuous childish post."
    Christians hold a large number of views and not all of them are the same.
    If you had to have that explained to you...well....what can I say.
    Kelly
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 00:35
    If you had to that that explained to you...well....what can I say.
    Kelly

Zuckerman didn't claim that all Christians hold the same views. He didn't even claim that all Evangelical Christians hold the same views.

So now we know you can create a straw man and attack it. Let's see if you can provide a thoughtful, considered response.

If you had to that that explained to you...well....what can I say.
    Kelly

I didn't claim that all Christians hold the same views. I didn't even claim that all Evangelical Christians hold the same views. Seems not only unreasonable, but dishonest for you to imply that I needed that explained to me. I simply asked for you to explain where you think the "picture" is inaccurate.

Let's see if you can make an honest post.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 00:541 edit
    [b]Christians hold a large number of views and not all of them are the same.

Zuckerman didn't claim that all Christians hold the same views. He didn't even claim that all Evangelical Christians hold the same views.

So now we know you can create a straw man and attack it. Let's see if you can provide a thoughtful, considered response.

If y here you think the "picture" is inaccurate.

Let's see if you can make an honest post.
    [/b]"And yet Evangelicals are the most ..." He said that Evangelicals did those
    things....they are Christains and they are not defined by the way he did it.
    So he is painting a huge number of people as very ugly, so yes he is doing
    what I said. He is painting Christians in a bad light, I reject his stance out
    right he is simply a warped person in my opinion.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 03:04
    "And yet Evangelicals are the most ..." He said that Evangelicals did those
    things....they are Christains and they are not defined by the way he did it.
    So he is painting a huge number of people as very ugly, so yes he is doing
    what I said. He is painting Christians in a bad light, I reject his stance out
    right he is simply a warped person in my opinion.
    Kelly[/b]
    From what I gather, he's simply stating the results of polls. So if anyone is "painting Christians in a bad light" it is the Christians themselves. Whether or not you like to believe it, evidently the results show that there are many
    Christians who support the "death penalty, draconian sentencing, punitive punishment over rehabilitation, and the governmental use of torture" and so on. For example, I may be confusing you with another poster from some time ago, but I thought you were a supporter of the death penalty. If it wasn't you, then it was another Christian who posted on this forum.

You seriously don't know any Christians who are "opposed to institutional help for the nation's poor"? Just recently I had a conversation with a Christian woman who is vehemently opposed to it. I was really taken aback by just how strongly she opposed it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree