1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 17:55
    we are told god created all living things. it stands to reason then that he created sexually transmitted viruses. so where did they live in the beginning? the only conclusion i can draw is that adam and eve had gammy love organs. no wonder they rebelled against god.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 18:02
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    we are told god created all living things. it stands to reason then that he created sexually transmitted viruses. so where did they live in the beginning? the only conclusion i can draw is that adam and eve had gammy love organs. no wonder they rebelled against god.
    I lold.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 20:15
    Your claim that "it stands to reason" might have a few gaping holes in it.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 20:43
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Your claim that "it stands to reason" might have a few gaping holes in it.
    ill admit that there is probably one smelly, puss ridden gaping hole in the theory.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 20:541 edit
    Maybe we need a powerful supernatural evil character in this story, created by the god character and granted creative powers and free will by the god character.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 21:47
    ill admit that there is probably one smelly, puss ridden gaping hole in the theory.
    That old Evil-lution must have done a job on you for you to come up with that evil-lution idea. 😏
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 22:51
    As long as you're open to the idea that you might just be a bit half-cocked.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 23:39
    Interesting question but one has to remember that Adam & Eve were created perfect in body.
    Being perfect they were immune from any sickness and diseases. Their bodies were completly able to fight off anything that would have made them sick much less to the point of death.
    If they had stayed faithful to God they would still be alive today. That was God's plan and it would have worked if Adam had not disobeyed God's simple command.
    So those germs did exist then and like everything God created, it had some purpose even if we do not understand that now.
    We know that virus's can mutate and have done that down to this day.
    Maybe they were not as dangerous at that time and even after Adam & Eve sinned and started the long period of growing old it may have been harmless to all humans for a period of time. Who knows?
    But the point is that all life that exist now on earth, did exist then, but the planet and humans were under different circumstances also in the past.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 23:56
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Interesting question but one has to remember that Adam & Eve were created perfect in body.
    Being perfect they were immune from any sickness and diseases. Their bodies were completly able to fight off anything that would have made them sick much less to the point of death.
    If they had stayed faithful to God they would still be alive today. That was Go ...[text shortened]... id exist then, but the planet and humans were under different circumstances also in the past.
    Yes, these Evil-lutionists should know all about the evil virus mutations, and such. 😏
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 00:01
    If they had stayed faithful to God they would still be alive today. That was Go ...[text shortened]... id exist then, but the planet and humans were under different circumstances also in the past.
    I think the "powerful supernatural evil character" idea is at least as good as this one because it avoids there being god-caused deleterious mutations or even avoids there being mutations at all which will please the YECs. Or maybe the powerful supernatural evil character caused the deleterious mutations. How's that? Just so this god of stellspalfie's has deniability, that's the objective here. Don't think of it as being about Jehovah.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 01:23

But the point is that all life that exist now on earth, did exist then, but the planet and humans were under different circumstances also in the past.
    So all human pathogens that exist now existed then.

If Adam and Eve did not have them they must have lived elsewhere.

If the pathogens lived elsewhere, but now cannot,
    they must surely be different now than then.

In other words they have evolved.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 01:29
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    So all human pathogens that exist now existed then.

If Adam and Eve did not have them they must have lived elsewhere.

If the pathogens lived elsewhere, but now cannot,
    they must surely be different now than then.

In other words they have evolved.
    No evolution here at all. All life that existed then is still alive today except for the ones man has removed.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 01:31
    Originally posted by JS357
    I think the "powerful supernatural evil character" idea is at least as good as this one because it avoids there being god-caused deleterious mutations or even avoids there being mutations at all which will please the YECs. Or maybe the powerful supernatural evil character caused the deleterious mutations. How's that? Just so this god of stellspalfie's has deniability, that's the objective here. Don't think of it as being about Jehovah.
    No my friend. It is about Jehovah and satan and us humans that are caught in between. And here we are today in the pitiful state we're in because man as a whole has chosen satan.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 02:10
    No my friend. It is about Jehovah and satan and us humans that are caught in between. And here we are today in the pitiful state we're in because man as a whole has chosen satan.
    Do you urge those of us who think that the human condition is improving, and the world is a better place - all in all - than it was in the past, to thank Jehovah for the progress that has been made?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 02:21
    No evolution here at all. All life that existed then is still alive today except for the ones man has removed.
    The virus does adapt to circumstances and environment very well, don't you think? But perhaps not as the Evil-lutionist hope.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree