1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 03:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    In my view anything that is God-eclipsing is a sin.
    You didn't answer my question. If you believe in god and feel that 'eclipsing' god is a sin, that's fine.
    But why is masturbating eclipsing god?
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 03:43
    Once again 99% of men do it! The other 1% lie 🙂
    If you don't do it you will have a nocturnal emission anyway LOL I always think that sounds so funny. 😉

Manny
  3. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 21:49
    I was in the U.S. Army a few years ago, during basic training I was actually arrested for masterbating while in the shower. I was acquitted at trial on the defence that the water was free, the soap was mine, and that I felt that I had the freedom to wash down there as fast or slow as I wanted to.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 01:57
    If you seek freedom from bad habits first give your whole being over to Jesus.

Then through the power of the Holy Spirit you can "put to death the practices of the body".

Christ's death is available to the believer. Christ's death is applicable to the believer. The believer may utilize the death of Jesus on His cross to terminate the lust of the flesh.

It is not self impovement, It is death, termination, and germination to a new life - a new walk in the Holy Spirit.

The terminating power of Christ's death is available to the Christian to put to death the practices of the body that she or he may live.

"Knowing this, that our old man has been crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be annulled, that we should no longer serve sin as slaves." (Romans 6:6)
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:04
    Originally posted by jaywill
    If you seek freedom from bad habits first give your whole being over to Jesus.

Then through the power of the Holy Spirit you can [b]"put to death the practices of the body"

Christ's death is available to the believer. Christ's death is applicable to the believer. The believer may utilize the death of Jesus on His cross to terminate the lust ...[text shortened]... of sin might be annulled, that we should no longer serve sin as slaves." (Romans 6:6)[/b][/b]
    Put to death the practices of the body?
    What is wrong with the practices of the body? Without the practices of the body we wouldn't be alive to contemplate god or jesus or anything else ...
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:11
    Originally posted by amannion
    What is wrong with the practices of the body? Without the practices of the body we wouldn't be alive to contemplate god or jesus or anything else ...
    =======================
    ===============================

Here's a problem. In your eagerness to exploit some logical or moral weakness, you do not think to READ Romans chapter 6 to see what this Christian may be talking about.'

Why? Perhaps you'd much rather jump to a conclusion. "Put do death the practices of the body ?? What is that? Am I not suppose to sleep? That's a practice of the body. Am I not suppose to eat or breath, those are practices of the body."

It should be obvious that the Apostle Paul is not talking about practices of the body in every and all implications.

By reading Romans 6 I think you could have easily noticed that Paul was talking about practices of the body which constituted "Things of which you are now ashamed ..." (v.21)
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:14
    [b]=======================
    ===============================

Here's a problem. In your eagerness to exploit some logical or moral weakness, you do not t ...[text shortened]... s of the body which constituted "Things of which you are now ashamed ..." (v.21)[/b]
    Forgive my impertinence, but my moral and ethical framework is not based upon the biblical texts - and there are a few of us out there.

No one has yet responded to my question and you haven't either - why am i to be ashamed of masturbating?
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:231 edit
    Forgive my impertinence, but my moral and ethical framework is not based upon the biblical texts - and there are a few of us out there.

No one has yet responded to my question and you haven't either - why am i to be ashamed of masturbating?
    If you mean by this reply that you don't care what is in the Bible, I don't think I'll spend the time to give you explanations.

I'll wait for someone who is seeking more self control in thier life and want to know how Jesus is related to that desire for freedom.

But I would only say that you don't know if one day you may be ashamed of what you are presently not ashamed of.

I don't think that everyone always has at the same time the same sense in their conscience about thier behavior.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:271 edit
    In other words if you are unfurling the flag "Come argue with me Christian! I am a loud and proud masturbater !! "

My response is "I'll pass."

See? You won that argument easy !
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:29
    If you mean by this reply that you don't care what is in the Bible, I don't think I'll spend the time to give you explanations.

I'll wait for someone who is seeking more self control in thier life and want to know how Jesus is related to that desire for freedom.

But I would only say that you don't know if one day you may be ashamed of what you are p ...[text shortened]... ryone always has at the same time the same sense in their conscience about thier behavior.
    Well I am a freakin' atheist - what, do you think we walk around professing our unbelief in god only to secretly squirrel away bible passages with our atheist friends?
    I've been on this planet for 41 years. I'm guessing I have a reasonable idea of what I am and aren't and have been and haven't been ashamed of.
    Masturbating is not one of those things I'm ashamed of - and never have been.
    I don't understand why it is that religious people focus so much on the supposed sins of sexuality. Oh I know why in an academic sense - control someone's sexuality and you control them, making them nice little subserviant drones for your religion.
    But I don't understand the 21st century reality of this. I mean, we're a bit more educated and knowledgeable now aren't we, even if there's some who still believe in gods and fairies ...
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:361 edit
    Well I am a freakin' atheist - what, do you think we walk around professing our unbelief in god only to secretly squirrel away bible passages with our atheist friends?
    I've been on this planet for 41 years. I'm guessing I have a reasonable idea of what I am and aren't and have been and haven't been ashamed of.
    Masturbating is not one of those things I'm a geable now aren't we, even if there's some who still believe in gods and fairies ...
    My submissions to this conversation will not be Masterbation centered.

I am centered on Christ.

I am a Theist, a Christian Theist. I don't want to FOCUS on Masturbation. I enter the discussion only as it relates to how wonderful Christ's salvation is. I would advize people to turn their eyes away from masturbation and on to Jesus Christ the Savior.

That is really good news for those seeking freedom from unbridled lust of every kind.

The idea is to make "Every Man's Battle" the battle of the Lord Jesus. He is always victorious.
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:42
    Masturbating is not one of those things I'm a ...[text shortened]... geable now aren't we, even if there's some who still believe in gods and fairies ...
    "But I don't understand the 21st century reality of this. I mean, we're a bit more educated and knowledgeable now aren't we, even if there's some who still believe in gods and fairies ..."

I don't think so.

Quantity of knowledge is no substitute for quality. There's alot of knowledge going around, but not many can think.
  14. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:42
    My submissions to this conversation will not be Masterbation centered.

I am centered on Christ.

I am a Theist, a Christian Theist. I don't want to FOCUS on Masturbation. I enter the discussion only as it relates to how wonderful Christ's salvation is. I would advize people to turn their eyes away from masturbation and on to Jesus Christ the Savior. ...[text shortened]... to make [b]"Every Man's Battle"
    the battle of the Lord Jesus. He is always victorious.[/b]
    Fair enough, although that sounds a little prudish.
    What's the problem with recognising Jesus AND having a nice masturbation session?
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Sep '09 02:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"But I don't understand the 21st century reality of this. I mean, we're a bit more educated and knowledgeable now aren't we, even if there's some who still believe in gods and fairies ..."

I don't think so.

Quantity of knowledge is no substitute for quality. There's alot of knowledge going around, but not many can think.[/b]
    That's a good point, I stand corrected.
    But I think even you could agree that we're a little bit more enlightened than once we humans were ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree